Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Manufacturers Direct Support Forum > O.S. Engines Support
Reload this Page >

What is the part number for the most updated needle valve for a 91FX

Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

What is the part number for the most updated needle valve for a 91FX

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:19 AM
wjbender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the part number for the most updated needle valve for a 91FX

Bill Baxter , I have an OS 91FX that exhibits all the problems detailed here in great length related to the needle valve assembly cast as part of the rear engine cover. Here is a picture of what I believe is the updated version that helps fix the problem.
I asked my LHS to order a new cover and needle assembly, but it still had the needle valve holder cast as part of the cover???? The new one has a composit needle valve assembly attached with a steel bracket that screws to the back cover or can be mounted to the firewall. I am willing to give this engine one more chance to live if I can get the correct part.

As a reference, here is the part I ordered based on this response from you in an earlier posting, but this part looks the same as what I have although it did have the composit needle valve holder, but still cast as one with the back cover.
==================================================

If you have the old needle assembly, changing the o-rings won't cure the problem. The needle can have problems being heated by the engine, which causes fuel vapor bubbles in the fuel line. These make the engine go lean. A full conversion is:

OSMG4147 29507000 COVER PLATE ASSY 91FX US$40.99

This includes everything you need to convert the engine to the new needle assembly...rear cover, needle mount, and needle valve assembly.

Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America
3002 N. Apollo Dr. Ste. 1 Champaign, IL 61822 USA

================================================== =

Thanks Bill Bender
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70509.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	985545  
Old 07-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What is the part number for the most updated needle valve for a 91FX

How old was that prior posting? The one you got was a first revision.

Here's what you need for the current version:

OSMG6997 26582900 VALVE ASSY 40-65LA US$21.99
OSMG7152 26582931 NEEDLE STAY 91FX 65LA US$3.49
OSMG4078 29057000 COVER PLATE 91SX-H US$16.99

These parts can be ordered through any hobby retailer who sells O.S. Max engines and accessories.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:47 PM
wjbender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the part number for the most updated needle valve for a 91FX

Thanks Bill,

Is the version shown in my photo the correct version? What is different? I hate to have the LHS order the worng thing again.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Your picture shows the current version needle installation.