Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

os max 140 rx

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Wpgtrucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os max 140 rx

Hi
I have a 140rx and Iam having some problems getting to run properly, it has a header , set at factory245mm and it has a mac pipe. The problem I have is that no matter what i do it runs so rich at mid range it loads up the carb where the fuel is spitting out the top of the carb throat and then dies from being flodded, iam running a 16x14 apc, cool power 10% and I have tryed 15% as well, can the pump be adjusted from behinde eventhough it says not to???????

Today i found the macs specs for the headder and pipe i cut the pipe to leangth as per there instrctions and got 7500 rpm and seams to run ok but when i put the muffle on, it gets rich in the mid range and will not transtion to the high speed and floods out the engine to the point where at mid throttle there fuel spitting out the throat of the carb, also ajusting the low speed needle seams to do nothing when the pipe is attached to the headder , i can turn it all the way closed or all the way open and it has no effect.
The only way i can get it to transtion to high rpm is to pich the fuel line to lean it out but as soon as i decrease throtle to mid way it starts to flood

HELP Please

any ideas would be great
thanks