Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 46 FX needle valve

Old 05-20-2003, 10:01 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OS 46 FX needle valve

I had my plane go in HARD. The needle valve assembly broke off the back plate (One of OS BETTER ??? ideas). I tried JB Weld on it - held for 1 flight. Is there a metal bolt on needle valve bracket that will fit the 46 FX case ? The 40 FS is too small and not enough "meat" to redrill.

I "THOUGHT" the early 46 FX engines had a bolt on bracket, but I can not find a p/n for it.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:36 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 46 FX needle valve

None of the 46FX's ever had a bolt on bracket for the needle valve. You have a few choces to make now: first, you can just remount the broken nedle anywhere and use it that way, second, you can buy the replacement part for around $10 and third, you can buy another brand of remote mounted needle like K+B for around $15 and mount that one where you want. One more expensive choice is to replace the carb with a front needle version off a 46SF.