Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS140RX Carby

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 06:59 AM
GlennBurgdorf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS140RX Carby

There seems to be a problem with the carby on the OS140Rx which makes the engine hard to start after a period of time. The longer I had my first 140RX, the more difficult it became to start. After discussing the problem with a number of people, I found plenty of people who had a problem, but no-one who had a solution. One of the OS shop keepers told me to remove the barrel, then the "pin" in the end that is held in by the O Ring, and to thoroughly clean the area in there.
When I opened it up, it appeared fine,(just appeared to be discolored a bit) but he told me to clean it anyway so I really cleaned throughly.
When I assembled the engine again it hand started first time every time for several months, then progressively became more difficult again. Every time I clean it it fixes the problem (now has 2,300+ flights).
I have since purchase a new 140RX and whilst it is not as bad as the earlier one, it still suffers to some extent, and cleaning it fixes the problem. I am now doing this for several of the other F3A flyers and they can't believe the difference either.
We all run 15% cool power (Morgans Oil) and 15% nitro.

Is there any way we can prevent this build-up ?

Regards

Glenn