Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS .61 4 stroke

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Michaelj2k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default OS .61 4 stroke

Bill,

Had an oops this weekend [:@] and wiped out the needle valve assembly. I found this on the Tower site
LXCR62 O.S. Needle Assembly #7M/#7L
and it sure looks like it will fit. Of course, the .61 is looooong out of production but I'm sure that small sub-assemblies like this one are pretty much the norm to keep costs down. What do you think?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS .61 4 stroke

You can try it. The needles are different...the pointy part is of different lengths, diameters, and tapers for different carbs. However, different ones can work, but they may be more or less sensitive. Sometimes, they won't allow sufficient leaning because the pointy part is of a too-small diameter. You can only try and see.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Michaelj2k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS .61 4 stroke

I compared the needle from a .61 FSR GS A-2 which has the 7M carb; they appear to be the same. I also have a 7H(?) helicopter carb and that needle is much different, tapering to a fine point where the 7M needle is visibly blunter.

I believe the .61 4 stroke to be of approximately the same vintage as the GS, thus the similar needle assemblies. I'm going to order the one for the 7M and see what happens.

Thanks.