Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

O.S. FS40 Surpass Ringed is it enough power?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Pattern freak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default O.S. FS40 Surpass Ringed is it enough power?

Hi all,

I`am thinking of using an O.S. FS-40 Surpass Ringed on a Model Tech Magic V2 FunFly/3D plane and i`am concerned that it`s not going to give me enough power for doing 3D stuff like hovers etc.

I can just buy a FS52 Surpass and use it but i want to keep the plane as light as possible and i`am getting a very good deal on a NIB FS40 Surpass.

But obviously don`t want to compromise performance by using a too small of an engine and not being able to do hovers and other 3D manuevers?.

I`am using CP30% Heli Fuel on my other four strokes and gaining enourmous amount of power from the engines,i wonder if i could use this fuel on the small FS40 and certainly will get more power any ideas?.

Thanks.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: O.S. FS40 Surpass Ringed is it enough power?

Since we are not at all familiar with the airplane you are wanting to fly, we cannot give you any advice on engines. However, if the airplane is intended for a .25 size two-stroke engine, then the FS-40 Surpass may have enough power for 3D-type of flying. If the airplane is normally flown with a .40-size two-stroke engine, then the FS-40 Surpass will not be suitable for 3D-type flying. Higher nitro can help a bit, but you usually don't get much improvement in top-end power if you go above 15%-20% nitro.