Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS .61 SF (circa 1987) Needle Valve Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:19 AM
apwachholz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .61 SF (circa 1987) Needle Valve Replacement

I've been searching this forum for hours but resigned to asking as I can't find the answer. I recently purchased an aircraft (been in the rafters of a gents shop for over 15 yrs) with a new OS .61 SF that's never run. The builder installed aninflight needle valve, however, I'd like to replace it with a regular needle valve. Questions:

1. Is there any part available on the market today to replace an OS .61 inflight needle valve?

2. Having never used an Inflight needle valve, I don't see the value in it. Why was it used and are they popular today?

The builder installed the inflight valve but it was never hooked up to a servo. Rather it was just a simple push rod w/tension to hold the valve's position for tuning. I'd rather have a needle valve that I know will "stick" to it's position then one that's held in place by the friction the hole causes that the push rod is threaded through.

Thanks for any help everyone.

_me
Old 08-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS .61 SF (circa 1987) Needle Valve Replacement

Here are the stock numbers and list prices of the parts you asked about:

OSMG7254 27681900 NEEDLE ASSY #86/#8H US$19.99

These parts can be ordered through any hobby retailer who sells O.S. Max engines and accessories.

The in-flight needle valve is used to fine-tune the mixture of the engine while the model is in flight. Many times, the fuel tank's location may cause leaning more than desired, so the modeler wants to be able to adjust the needle to keep the engine properly-tuned.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:35 PM
apwachholz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS .61 SF (circa 1987) Needle Valve Replacement

Thank you very much Bill. Ialso submitted a request for a manual and recieved it first thing this morning. Much appreciated and PROPSto O.S. Engines for such excellent customer services and a fine product for so many years. I'm a huge fan and always will b of OS Engines.