Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

os21vg wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 05:44 PM
rctaylor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os21vg wont start

here's the thing, i a have a 21vg with less than a gallon on it, ran last weekend just fine & now it's doing nothin but pissing me off. i've checked glo plug, gloplug lighter, checked head, changed out fuel with fresh O'donnell 30%, even cleaned carb just in case & it still won't fire! any ideas
Old 10-12-2009, 05:54 PM
kojak61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: os21vg wont start

Did it get over 250 degrees? If so it might be done. If you have the recipt you can send it in and they will rebuild it for free. It comes with a 2 year warenty
Old 10-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: os21vg wont start

If an engine won't start, and you have good compression, a good glow plug, and good fuel, then it's either too dry of fuel or it's flooded.

Best way to start is to have a dry engine, choke it until fuel gets to the carb and then choke a turn or two. Throttle to full, no battery on glow plug, and turn the engine over several times to work the fuel into the engine. Throttle to idle or just above, battery on glow plug, and spin the engine to start it. It should fire. If it fires, it will run. You then need to make sure you have a good fuel supply and good fuel tank/line plumbing.

If all else fails, use the instructions to reset the carburetor to the original starting points and go from there.

If the engine's had an overheat, then it's possible that the compression fit has loosened, which means no end of troubles. You'll need a new piston/liner assembly.