Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

old o.s. 20 AND .25

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:19 PM
andybenton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old o.s. 20 AND .25

hi, ive got two older os motors, one is a .20 and one is a .25. well i need a piston, sleeve, and con rod, for both and for hte .25 i need a needle valve, i got the at a swap meet along with about 14 other k&b 40s and some traxxas motors. but so far i can find parts for the os motors
Old 01-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: old o.s. 20 AND .25

What markings are on the engines. We need to know this so that we can know which engines you have. Then, we can determine parts availability.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
andybenton

the .20 says max and directly under that it says OS and directly under OS is .20. then underneath the engine mount on the same side is 2001. on the reverse side of the motor on the bottom of the motor mount it says AD. this engine has the strap on muffler with a long screw running threw the center of it. and on the muffler it says OS-702. the carb says O.S. and has 21 underneath that.

when facing the .25 with the crank on the left hand side of your body, it says O.S and running vertically underneath it says MAX.
on the reverse side under the exhaust it says 25. under the engine mounts on the side without the exhaust it says made in japan. and on the reverse side under the engine mount it says2601. and on the actual engine mount, it says VT.  on the muffler it says 762 right where the engine mounts to it. and it is a bolt on style muffler. the carb in this case says O.S and underneath that it says 2B.

they are both apparently airplane engines, since the carbs have no filter flange, and they both have short cooling heads with vertical fins as opposed to horizontal...

if you need pictures let me know so i can borrow a camera, the lcd screen on mine has gone out,
Old 01-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It sounds like you have the old O.S. Max 20 and possibly the old .25 FSR. Regardless, there are no parts available for either of them through us or from O.S., in Japan. The engines are just too old. The only source of parts would be from dealers who specialize in finding and reselling parts for the engine collectors' market. They advertise online via auction and R/C selling sites, and through small ads in the back of model magazines, including the classified ads.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:05 PM
andybenton

well in this case, is there anything i can do with these two motors, i mean i hate to just take em down to the scrap pile.