Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 91 S II

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 12:33 PM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 91 S II

I have an OS 91 Surpass II non-pumped that I bought a while back and just found a plane to use it in. It was purchased new. After two ten ounce tanks of fuel on the run in stand I have flown it 6-7 ten minute flights. Engine runs just fine except the bottom of the fuselage is dripping with oil after two flights. I removed the engine and looked it over carefully for any obvious leaks but everything appears tight and it has not been taken apart except to reverse the carb for easier throttle hook up. It is mounted upright so could this just be fuel that drips/sprays down out of the carb opening? The engine doesn't use any more fuel than my other OS 91's so could this have something to do with the recirculation system? Does the fuel contain too much oil?

MAS 13x8 simitar (peaks at 10,100rpm adjusted to 9,600rpm), Morgans Mach 7 syn/castor mix-15% nitro club fuel, OS F plug, top of engine out in airstream.

Fred
Old 04-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 91 S II

It's normal for some fuel to drip from the carburetor at low throttle settings. At high throttle settings, you're likely getting oil from the exhaust port. It will coat the model with fuel due to the air swirling around the airplane. It's a normal fact of life with glow engines...oil mess. Just use good paper towels and a good cleaner to remove it from the model.