Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 4 Stroke valve kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
MrFollies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 4 Stroke valve kit

Hello,

I recently purchased the valve adjusting kit, but I've found, to my surprise that the wrench does not fit the OS FS-200 (non pumped).
It fits my 91 Surpass just fine but the 200 valve rocker nuts seem to be a little larger. It could also be that the adjusting nut itself is damaged, as I bought the engine second hand but I doubt it as I think I would have noticed that.

I was just wondering if you knew what the correct wrench size for the 200 is (I'm happy to just buy a second wrench).
I assume the valve clearances should be the same as any other OS 4S?

If the wrench *should* fit then I'll pull the rocker cover off again and have another look.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 4 Stroke valve kit

The valve wrench should fit. The valve adjusting procedure is the same for all O.S. four-stroke engines. When the valve is off the cam, the thin feeler fits and the thick one doesn't.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:19 PM
MrFollies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 4 Stroke valve kit

hmmm, strange that it fits the 91 but not the 200. I'll ask tower to send me another.