Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Surpass 120 E

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 04:04 AM
eness76-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surpass 120 E

I just purchased a surpass E 120 and was noticing on the os website that the 120 surpass III pumped makes more power and has larger props recommended. Does the III have different internals, cam, head, etc. that may be making it produce more power than the E? Something that a visit to the parts express could solve with a little wrench turning? Thanks,
Eric
Old 07-21-2003, 03:31 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Surpass 120 E

The reason the O.S. Max FS-120 Surpass III with pump can put out more power than the non-pumped FS-120 Surpass E is entirelly due to fuel flow. The pumped engine can have a larger carburetor bore because it does not have to rely on suction to draw fuel to the engine. With the pump, a larger carburetor bore can be used, so more fuel and air can get into the engine. This produces the higher power.

A lot of parts aren't in common because the pumped engine has different mounings for the carb and pump. The con-rod is different because of the power difference. Bore and stroke are the same, though.