Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New Kid in town!!

I am proud to announce that Tuesday of this week my wife gave me the best gift of all.

I have a Son!! Gabriel Matthew.

Both mum and the big guy (9 pound 12 oz) are doing well and we are headed home today

Now to get him his first boat
    One of the better gas boat picture sites - http://imageevent.com/justaddwata

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Kid in town!!

Very happy for you.  Best wishes for the new family!  Life will never be the same again. 

Oh, until you get used to parenthood, I'll take over responsibilities of babysitting your boats.  Let me know when to pick them up. .
    These opinions expressed here are my own and may not necessarily represent the views of RCUniverse.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good for you Matt,

congrats to you and your wife and welcome to Gabriel.
    I myself became a Grand Father 2 months ago (hard to believe).

Dan.
    F-41 Stryker Cat 260 Full Mod - Whiplash GV NFS 260 - FireFighter 18 - Miss Vegas CVRM 18
    Futaba FASST

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Guys

Dan - I thought you were a younger guy (though I guess could be a grandfather by now if I started earlier).

Scott - you might want to wait until spring before picking them up (saves you having to store them through the frozen months). You are going to need a bigger truck too

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW Matt very cool sorry I did not see post earlier .

Congrats to you and your wife and Gabriel . Great name too !

Now you have a great excuse to buy more R/C boats .

Steve

I have room for one more boat !
    Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL Matt,
    definitely getting older for sure but
    I would like to think that at 46 I am still kind of young.

Dan.
    F-41 Stryker Cat 260 Full Mod - Whiplash GV NFS 260 - FireFighter 18 - Miss Vegas CVRM 18
    Futaba FASST

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep Congrats on the New Kid 9lb 12oz Is a Big Ol Boy[:-] my 2 kids are the 2 Best Things I've done in this life. One of the Main Reasons I got into R\C Boats is to have a Hobby I could enjoy with my Son,,(The Wife didn't like the Idea of a Kids Seat in the back seat of the Hot Rod) Better Add some Smaller Boats to Your Fleet for Him to Crash[:@] while He's learning[&:]

ALWAYS Keep a Towel by the Changing table to Cover,,IT,, while Your Changing "His" Diapers...OR You Will Get WET[&:]
    Top Speed Hobbies llc. Gotta Need For Speed..
    www.youtube.com/user/topspeedhobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Steve - like I have ever needed an excuse to buy another boat (but saying it is for the boy does increase my spending limit a little)

Dan - Nah thats not so old - you have 4 good years left in you (at least!!)

Amax - the towel tip is one we have already learned - wife has been hit a few times now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea it always seems to be the Women that gets it first,, they just don't understand that Thing truly has a Mind of It's Own Sometimes

The only other advice I ever give Is Start Reading to him and Playing Music NOW!! The sooner get his brain Absorbing Knowledge the Better, The first 5 years of his life is when his brain is The Most Active and Absorbing Knowledge like a sponge. We did with Both our kids and Both are in the Gifted Program in school and Straight A Students, in the 7th grade my son scored 98% on the F-Cat for kids going to High School(that's the Top 2% in the Country)he's also one of The Top Jocks in his school and 1st Chair Trombone in Band and my daughter scored 1 point below Genius in Kindergarten. Yea I'm a Proud Daddy and I could Go On the list is Much Longer than that, those are just the icing on the cake,,,,,But I Think they get the Brains from their Momma

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: amax

Yea it always seems to be the Women that gets it first,, they just don't understand that Thing truly has a Mind of It's Own Sometimes

The only other advice I ever give Is Start Reading to him and Playing Music NOW!! The sooner get his brain Absorbing Knowledge the Better, The first 5 years of his life is when his brain is The Most Active and Absorbing Knowledge like a sponge. We did with Both our kids and Both are in the Gifted Program in school and Straight A Students, in the 7th grade my son scored 98% on the F-Cat for kids going to High School(that's the Top 2% in the Country)he's also one of The Top Jocks in his school and 1st Chair Trombone in Band and my daughter scored 1 point below Genius in Kindergarten. Yea I'm a Proud Daddy and I could Go On the list is Much Longer than that, those are just the icing on the cake,,,,,But I Think they get the Brains from their Momma
    Thats impressive indeed. I am hoping he will get his brains from his mother too. Smartest woman I know. We were reading and playing music for him daily the past 4 or 5 months. Can never hurt to invest in them early.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like Your Gonna make Great Parents!!!

Are Ya taking bets on WHO Gets the First Gray Hair

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

gray hair - she is long behind me - I have enough for both of us