Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

New Kid in town!!

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

New Kid in town!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New Kid in town!!

I am proud to announce that Tuesday of this week my wife gave me the best gift of all.

I have a Son!! Gabriel Matthew.

Both mum and the big guy (9 pound 12 oz) are doing well and we are headed home today

Now to get him his first boat
Old 11-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Kid in town!!

Very happy for you.  Best wishes for the new family!  Life will never be the same again. 

Oh, until you get used to parenthood, I'll take over responsibilities of babysitting your boats.  Let me know when to pick them up. .
Old 11-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Dan S

Good for you Matt,

congrats to you and your wife and welcome to Gabriel.
I myself became a Grand Father 2 months ago (hard to believe).

Dan.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Justaddwata

Thanks Guys

Dan - I thought you were a younger guy (though I guess could be a grandfather by now if I started earlier).

Scott - you might want to wait until spring before picking them up (saves you having to store them through the frozen months). You are going to need a bigger truck too
Old 11-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Ultimate48
My Feedback: (1)

WOW Matt very cool sorry I did not see post earlier .

Congrats to you and your wife and Gabriel . Great name too !

Now you have a great excuse to buy more R/C boats .

Steve

Old 11-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Dan S

LOL Matt,
definitely getting older for sure but
I would like to think that at 46 I am still kind of young.

Dan.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:17 AM
amax

Yep Congrats on the New Kid 9lb 12oz Is a Big Ol Boy[:-] my 2 kids are the 2 Best Things I've done in this life. One of the Main Reasons I got into R\C Boats is to have a Hobby I could enjoy with my Son,,(The Wife didn't like the Idea of a Kids Seat in the back seat of the Hot Rod) Better Add some Smaller Boats to Your Fleet for Him to Crash[:@] while He's learning[&:]

ALWAYS Keep a Towel by the Changing table to Cover,,IT,, while Your Changing "His" Diapers...OR You Will Get WET[&:]
Old 11-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Justaddwata

Steve - like I have ever needed an excuse to buy another boat (but saying it is for the boy does increase my spending limit a little)

Dan - Nah thats not so old - you have 4 good years left in you (at least!!)

Amax - the towel tip is one we have already learned - wife has been hit a few times now.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:37 AM
amax

Yea it always seems to be the Women that gets it first,, they just don't understand that Thing truly has a Mind of It's Own Sometimes

The only other advice I ever give Is Start Reading to him and Playing Music NOW!! The sooner get his brain Absorbing Knowledge the Better, The first 5 years of his life is when his brain is The Most Active and Absorbing Knowledge like a sponge. We did with Both our kids and Both are in the Gifted Program in school and Straight A Students, in the 7th grade my son scored 98% on the F-Cat for kids going to High School(that's the Top 2% in the Country)he's also one of The Top Jocks in his school and 1st Chair Trombone in Band and my daughter scored 1 point below Genius in Kindergarten. Yea I'm a Proud Daddy and I could Go On the list is Much Longer than that, those are just the icing on the cake,,,,,But I Think they get the Brains from their Momma
Old 11-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Justaddwata

ORIGINAL: amax

Yea it always seems to be the Women that gets it first,, they just don't understand that Thing truly has a Mind of It's Own Sometimes

The only other advice I ever give Is Start Reading to him and Playing Music NOW!! The sooner get his brain Absorbing Knowledge the Better, The first 5 years of his life is when his brain is The Most Active and Absorbing Knowledge like a sponge. We did with Both our kids and Both are in the Gifted Program in school and Straight A Students, in the 7th grade my son scored 98% on the F-Cat for kids going to High School(that's the Top 2% in the Country)he's also one of The Top Jocks in his school and 1st Chair Trombone in Band and my daughter scored 1 point below Genius in Kindergarten. Yea I'm a Proud Daddy and I could Go On the list is Much Longer than that, those are just the icing on the cake,,,,,But I Think they get the Brains from their Momma
Thats impressive indeed. I am hoping he will get his brains from his mother too. Smartest woman I know. We were reading and playing music for him daily the past 4 or 5 months. Can never hurt to invest in them early.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:14 AM
amax

Sounds like Your Gonna make Great Parents!!!

Are Ya taking bets on WHO Gets the First Gray Hair
Old 11-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Justaddwata

gray hair - she is long behind me - I have enough for both of us