Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

An Early Spring

Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

An Early Spring

Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default An Early Spring

Well for you northern guys,we are going to have an early spring.Punxsutawney Phil just predicted an early spring, instead of his usual six more weeks of winter.Get those winter builds finished or get your finished boats ready ,the water will be soft soon. Long live Phil.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: An Early Spring

I never put much stock in Phil. They pull him out of a tree stump before the sun comes up with lights galore for the cameras then make their prediction.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Tidnab

Phil can't really be counted on to be accurite,although he has been close some years.I think the people that go to Punxy and stand in the cold all night are bored and need something to party about.A relative of Phils took him seriously and came out on March 3rd and got run over on the road below where I live.I think everyone that has driven around here has run over something.I wish some coyotes would get run over,especially the two that came after my weiner dog.My daughter even got the nickname of Squish for always running over small critters.She said she hasn't run over anything since she moved to New Orleans in 2009.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Old Phil must be medicated as the ones around here are mean little mutha's. I had one take up residence under my shed and did a lot of damage. I live only about 2 blocks from a swampy area so I'm liable to see just about anything in my yard. One guy sqaid that he saw 3 deer across the street from my house and I wasn't surprised as they seem to be moving more into the city.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Tidnab

They're easy to domesticate if you get them when young and a family I know had one and it went in a litter box.Towards winter it had a box in a dark place in the cellar,with straw in it to take a winter nap.I see all kinds of animals here in the yard or fields near here. I 've seen deer,coon,weasels,rabbits,fox,coyotes,black bear,turkey and a mountain lion was seen by a farmer and his friend along the edge of his field's. I think it was on my mobile home's roof last fall as I woke up and heard something walking on the roof that sounded like a human was up there.I loaded my 30-06 and and had a lanturn and snuck out the from door and I heard something like a soft thud as if it jumped off the roof. I went out back to see and it was gone ,but my fence I have up in the back yard for my dog was bent over towards the outside. The PA game commision says there isn't any in PA,but there have been numerous sightings.Needless to say I don't let my dog outside at night unless I'm there to.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65318.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1860096