Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

Congrats to McDonalds Employees

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Congrats to McDonalds Employees

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Congrats to McDonalds Employees

Congratulations to all McDoalds employees who demanded $15 hr.Your replacements are arriving.Place your order and pay for it at the machine and your order goes to the back where someone fills it and it is delivered on a conveyor belt.
For those of you who do Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	12301603_10205256448000649_5349264584827188526_n.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	2156301  
Old 10-03-2017, 03:12 PM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty bad really, if you ever see a lot of the people who work at Mcdonalds, they will not be the ones still working there if it ever goes up to 15 a hour. they will hire people with presentation skills, that also work more, most mcdonals today have 10 people on the clock to do a 6-7 person job. At 15hr they will trim the fat. and more will be unemployed. were they have tried this the workers want less hours, so they can still collect benefits as well.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:44 PM
crapshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The majority of young kids that work at MacDonalds are either still at school or just out of school years so whatever there getting per hour now is enough considering they get more than first year trade apprentices . Junk Food.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:34 PM
liamlogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crapshooter
The majority of young kids that work at MacDonalds are either still at school or just out of school years so whatever there getting per hour now is enough considering they get more than first year trade apprentices . Junk Food.
What they Get? Tag of McDonalds too...
Old 10-19-2017, 05:13 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most Adults that make the choice to work at Mcdonalds, are the ones selling themselves short. not the company. Of course if you manage a Mcdonalds I think you do pretty well, So I am not throwing stones at grown adults that work at Mcdonalds. Really not throwing stones at all. just saying you have to see it. To be it. if all you see in yourself is flipping burgers or taking orders for burgers, then there is your real problem. You can take orders as say a commercial manager at a auto parts store. you need to learn the parts, but now you are at a 50K a year job, doing almost the same thing.Lots of other jobs that are pretty close, Be nice, be professional, learn your product and sell and you are good to go. Crying poor me does not work.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:39 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My first fast food joint I could get a burger for 15 cents, fries for 18 cents and a Coke for 10. For a buck I could feed me and my girl friend. My first Big Mac was 69 cents.

People who believe something like a McDonalds needs to provide a so called living wage are vote seeking idiots pandering to the lazy and stupid. And they should all be treated to a long walk on a short pier.
This does not include someone seeking a true career with the company nor the after school teenage employees.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:13 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Did anyone besides me notice that, before the big pay hike, things like the "dollar menu" and lower cost items went away? Also, the prices of everything else went up to help the company keep it's bottom line healthy. I can see the day when McD's, BK and similar places are just gone.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:07 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Did anyone besides me notice that, before the big pay hike, things like the "dollar menu" and lower cost items went away? Also, the prices of everything else went up to help the company keep it's bottom line healthy. I can see the day when McD's, BK and similar places are just gone.
Here where I live the McDonalds are owned by a local guy and he has two here and another about 15 miles away. The prices on meals has gone up about $.50 and he discontinued the senior citizen discounts.He still has the $1 menu.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:06 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

a 14% growth in income year over year - How many on here saw a 14% pay rise last year??
Not sure MCDs are going anywhere any time soon!!

Just amazing to me that the super rich have convinced society that it is the fault of the guy making minimum wage that you are paying too much.

McDonald's net income for the twelve months ending December 31, 2018 was$5.924B, a 14.1% increase year-over-year.
Also worth noting that in Australia a big mac is about $1.20 less than in the US and workers in Australia average over $15/hr

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...for-a-big-mac/
https://www.payscale.com/research/AU...ia/Hourly_Rate

Last edited by Justaddwata; 04-19-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:16 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

JAW, I do see many of the fast food places going away because, as prices go up, the convenience factor becomes less and less of a reason to go there. I see Arby's being around because their roast beef is much healthier than fried hamburger, not to mention that, to me anyway, tastes better