Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

Is LED headlights illegal? Any views about it?

Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Is LED headlights illegal? Any views about it?

Old 10-30-2017, 01:03 AM
kimyong

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Is LED headlights illegal? Any views about it?

Hello everyone,

Is LED headlights illegal? If it is not illegal until what color of light only consider getting blocked?

So far I keep viewing the led headlamp and most of people is selling 6000k (white light) with 3.6k lumen. I am seeing the headlamp majority manufactured vehicle between 1500lumen until 3000lumen.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:08 AM
polobecky

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Factory fitted is the key. If you retrofit original HID/LED headlights that were made for your car, including all the stuff that belongs to it (headlight washer maybe not so necessary when you keep your headlights clean manually), then go for it. You'll get better light, not to mention that LED headlights look freaking cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	2243013

Click image for larger version

Name:	u=599092378,730358062&fm=27&gp=0.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	2243014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For my Cool Automotive and Electronics Guides and DIY Search for "novsights" on website.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:40 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

After market lights - especially inexpensive ones have long had issues with Glare - mis directed light that blind oncomong traffic due largely to misaligned lights, mis aligned prisms, and poor quality glass lenses. That plus the light intensity will often see tickets issues for poor lighting. Using after market bulbs in existing light housings is generally the safest option though lends itself less to LED retrofit (though worked well with many HID kits).

There is no doubt a place for LED in lighting but may take some time for after markets to properly adapt their use into quality light assemblies.