Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

Post pics of your other "toys" and interests

Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Post pics of your other "toys" and interests

Old 03-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Believe It
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Post pics of your other "toys" and interests

ORIGINAL: Malidrag

Thanks for the info.. Definitly going to stick with what I got in her and just dial her in.. She feels good on the street and I know with what is in her I can get the #'s I want amd still drive her to the local shows..

Its a 1980 Malibu

suspension is 50% (if not more) in getting a car to run the numbers. Its easy to make a car work with a turd motor that has a dead hooking suspension, vs trying to make a **** suspension hook with a bunch of power. You'd be suprised what you can pick up by simplying putting the car on a set of scales and scaling it, setting the preload, etc. Every little bit in getting weight moved around helps... if ya can move the motor back anymore, id get it back as close to the firewall as possible and still be able to adjust the distributor (one thing i HATE about gm motors is the distributor in the back)

I would really go up to a 28" tire (275/60/15 M/T Drag radial would be perfect) with a little more gear, and a looser converter. Id also go with a 8" or so crank pulley not really to make any MORE boost, but make more sooner.

Btw... whos carb are you running? I take it its already got the floats changed and what not to accomidate the boost.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:33 AM
45deepvee

also make sure the back passenger side is loaded more then the drivers side. chevy has a habit of squating to the back passenger side. preloading the back pass side will make the car leave dead flat. it will leave flat and straight if set right.

and run a street slick. et streets are a great tire for the road on dry days and when hot are liek gumballs. cant compare street slicks to drag radials. ive seen soem nice times with et streets and hoosier quicktimes
Old 03-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: 45deepvee

also make sure the back passenger side is loaded more then the drivers side. chevy has a habit of squating to the back passenger side. preloading the back pass side will make the car leave dead flat. it will leave flat and straight if set right.

and run a street slick. et streets are a great tire for the road on dry days and when hot are liek gumballs. cant compare street slicks to drag radials. ive seen soem nice times with et streets and hoosier quicktimes

pretty much all cars need the peload in the right rear. Thats why you see alot of cars with just the front left tire up in the air and the right rear corner of the bumper trying to drag the ground. The best way to solve that is using an anti-roll bar and getting it adjusted right. For a long time everyone just used an airbag inside the spring (i have one in my 88 convertable mustang). But in order to set the preload and get everything right, the car really needs to be on a set of scales and start moving around whatever weight ya can.

And you might want to read up on the Mickey Thompson drag radials (ET Street Radial they call it). It is 3 (or 4) compounds SOFTER then the ET Drag slicks, with a harder sidewall (basically, a 325/50/15 is a 28x10.5S with a little more patch on the ground, and a softer compound...and DOT legal ). Trust me, the drag radials are the ticket...they are just a bit tricky. I have logs and logs and logs from that orange car when we started running drag radial.. tire pressure, track temp and tire temp play a big role in getting them to work (slicks are the same, just a little more forgiving). We had the best 60' out of anyone in the country on the drag radials with a 1.25, and the best it cut on regular 28x10.5 slicks was 1.26.....and replaced many oil pans and headers from it standing on the bumper, id say the radials work quite well.

Not to mention the drag radial record right now is a 7.40 @ 197 on 295/60/15 M/T drag radials! [X(]
Old 03-19-2007, 12:23 PM
45deepvee

hmm i thought the drag radials were a harder compound. i havent look into street tires much lately since everything my friends have been runnign are on slicks. plu si have sold all my cars because racing got to expensive for me at this point in my life. maybe later on down the road id liek to build a malibu wagon. those thigs are awesome.

right now im workin on puttin a lift kit in y truck. someone put lowerig suspension in it and i got the truck cheap. its got the good ol 4.3L chevy in it. its a 91 s-10 long bed. probably gonna lift it about 2-4 inches and stick 31 or 33 inch swampers under it. run dana 44's front and back with 4:56's and be done with it. things only 2 wheel drive so i have to convert the front to solid axle and im not lookign forward to it. i dont wanna leave it 2wd because then ill just want to swap it later on down the road anyways.

i miss my 79 camaro bad. sold it to a friend and he put it together with a 377. thing came out nice and it just gets to me everytime i go for a ride in it. makes me sad i had to sell it
Old 03-19-2007, 03:03 PM
crazyotto
My Feedback: (2)

my slow ride........
Attached Images  
Old 03-19-2007, 03:28 PM
2916jr

ORIGINAL: Believe It

nice jr drag.... is that one of the blockzilla's or whatever they call it?

btw is that a elclectus in the background in the picture of your rc drag car? I got a couple big birds as well (umbrella cockatoo, yellow nape amazon, eclectus, ring neck parakeet)
actually it is a rhino one of the biggest jr motors "legal" for jr drag racing and it is a eclectus lol I am the only one she likes she bites everyone else lol
Old 03-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: 2916jr

btw is that a elclectus in the background in the picture of your rc drag car? I got a couple big birds as well (umbrella cockatoo, yellow nape amazon, eclectus, ring neck parakeet)
actually it is a rhino one of the biggest jr motors "legal" for jr drag racing and it is a eclectus lol I am the only one she likes she bites everyone else lol
i hear that. My eclectus doesnt like anyone...just sits in her cage pullin all her feathers out. Amazon is the same, she dont like anyone but she says all kinds of stuff..pretty funny bird. Cockatoo only likes 2 men, me and my grandfather. She will not let any other man touch her. I want to get an African Grey, but heard they become 1 person birds, dont need another one of those! LOL
Old 03-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: 45deepvee

hmm i thought the drag radials were a harder compound.

the BFG's and Nitto's are a harder compound tire. This is the reason organizations like the NMRA outlaw'd the M/T radials in the Drag Radial class... they work that good.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:01 PM
2916jr

ORIGINAL: 2916jr

i hear that. My eclectus doesnt like anyone...just sits in her cage pullin all her feathers out. Amazon is the same, she dont like anyone but she says all kinds of stuff..pretty funny bird. Cockatoo only likes 2 men, me and my grandfather. She will not let any other man touch her. I want to get an African Grey, but heard they become 1 person birds, dont need another one of those! LOL
thats what she does but she says funny things to a person will walk buy and she will say "hey baby" lol
Old 03-19-2007, 07:53 PM
misshydro

We use to get our hands on sprint cars tires,there soft compound tires and they were free bees.I would always to to sit with the front line lock on and light up the tires on my mopar!! Boy I would smoke the tires real good!And man they would hook up good!Oh there the other trick I'd learnd is but the battey in the trunk,but put it on the right side for weight perpouses for the right tire hook up.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 PM
xxxboatworks

What I play with on the off time.....high 9's in the 1/4 mile. Top end approaching 200
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98397.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	647449   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14708.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	647450   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45776.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	647451  
Old 03-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Flabum

Let's see GPS proof
Old 03-22-2007, 06:51 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry guys, no big bad MUSTANG yet. Too poor for that.

Ryan

Name:	Fd93110.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	647687   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79613.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	647688   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18394.jpg
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	647689  
Old 03-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't feel bad Ryan, you're not the only one.
Oh yeah, BOOOOOO, HISSSSS on the Fender! I work about 2 blocks north of the original Gibson factory where Heritage guitars are now made in part of the building. I can't gripe about the Yamaha drum set though as I have a Yamaha keyboard that I mess around with.
This is sickening. It belongs to one of my brothers. He for tired of waiting for his new Shelby Mustang to show up so he bought this. Maybe he'll let me take it for a drive when he gets it out of hibernation.

Name:	Bz79282.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	647881   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45407.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	647882  
Old 03-23-2007, 07:43 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That looks pretty cool Ron. Hopefully he does let you take it for a spin. I've never really liked Gibson guitars for a few reasons but they do have their time and place.

The yamaha kit is pretty good. They make fairly decent equipment for also making a ton of other stuff including recreational vehicles.

Ryan
Old 03-23-2007, 08:45 AM
jdoug

Older pic, but here's my 05 CRF250R...

I wish I had as many places to run my boat as I do places to ride.

Name:	Rp44431.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	648000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53929.jpg
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	648001  
Old 04-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Grimracer

Here is one of mine.. OK OK two of them..

grim

Name:	Jg14088.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	657057  
Old 04-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ron - be sure to have your brother take some pics of you at the wheel.

Wish my brother had a Viper ...... Even if my brother had a clue it would be a nice start.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I will have my camera along the next time that he shows up or when I go out to his house. I'm thinking that he has it in winter storage right now along with his `Vette. He's has a lot of toys the past few years and he let's me drive them but I don't know if he'll trust me behind the wheel of the Viper. Can't blame him actually as he knows that I'll drive the wheels off it!

Mike, don't let Sheila see your posting calling her a toy![X(] Still got that small-block S-10?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Quicksilver1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I dont have many toys, but my brother's got a pretty cool "toy." Don't know if anyone's into Le mans. He doesn't race the cars but he hauls them around in this truck he had custom built and is on the crew team.

Name:	Ge96439.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	657356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61082.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	657357  
Old 04-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Grimracer

Yea your right.. boy O boy.. I best be carefull

sure do ron.. its my baby

Grim

Name:	Wu61110.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	657480  
Old 04-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Ultimate48

My car is not as fast as some, but it's mine

1988 MC SS 350 435HP 700R trans 373 GN rear

Name:	Li20958.jpg
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	657733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98072.jpg
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	657734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33695.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	657735  
Old 04-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Quicksilver1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice lookin motor, I almost bought an SS a while back, but the price was not right.

I really want a grand nat, but then I'm into import cars as well, unfortunately I dont have a picture of my old car. It's not really in the same class as your cars, but I sure loved her. I had a 91 accord ex, with just about everything possible done to it and I did all the work myself, except replacing the entire rear section of the car because of rust. She was all white, slammed to the ground with 17" Enkie Katana rims, full exhaaust(not a whinny one, nice deep tone), cold air intake, ignition, advanced timing, shaved tail lights, custom front end. She was clean, not like most of the imports with big stupid wings on them. Ran a 15.4 at the track, not great, but I dont think it was bad for a naturally aspirated four banger. Really wish I had a picture, amazing you can have a car that you love for so many years and foget to just take one lousy pic. [:@] I now drive a camry, and no I'm not happy about it at all.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: misshydro

We use to get our hands on sprint cars tires,there soft compound tires and they were free bees.I would always to to sit with the front line lock on and light up the tires on my mopar!! Boy I would smoke the tires real good!And man they would hook up good!Oh there the other trick I'd learnd is but the battey in the trunk,but put it on the right side for weight perpouses for the right tire hook up.

heh... i use to use Dirt track racing tires all the time. McCreary (which is now American Racer) G60-15's are a hell of a soft tire that get real sticky with just a little bit of heat in em [8D]
Old 04-07-2007, 10:14 AM
rt1

here is my other toy
Pontiac grand prix 1970

Name:	Vt57540.jpg
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	658873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88203.jpg
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	658874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72293.jpg
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	658875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd87611.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	658876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bn76841.jpg
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	658877  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.