Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

buying a new one

Old 03-19-2007, 12:05 AM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default buying a new one

looking to get one of these [link=http://www.tcpowersports.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=08624231X3K18K2007J11I3 1I52JPMQ1267R0&veh=22019&pov=484380]motor cross bikes [/link] i want a 2 stroke whitch one should i get?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Believe It
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: buying a new one

[>:][>:][>:]
Old 03-19-2007, 12:46 PM
YZF Desert

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Why do you want a two stroke, are you looking to by new or used, what terrain do you ride, have you ever ridden dirt bikes before. How old are you
Old 03-19-2007, 01:58 PM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i ride in the desert and sand dunes i have a pit bike and a ancient honda trail rider im looking for a motor cross bikes i want a 2 stroke one because more power and i like 2 stroke [sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif] i dont know mutch about bikes but im willing to pay 9000+ for a new one and 5000 for a used one i also build sand rails so i could trade one for it

i dont want to buy a super bike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35778.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	645339  
Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 AM
ryan_t888

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The RM250 you linked is a nice bike. I drove around a 125 and 80, and thought it was a hoot. I've been on a 250, but it would take an hour or two for me to feel comfortable with it, there's quite the difference between them. Two strokes are simple, light and fast, still my top choice.

Ryan
Old 03-20-2007, 11:25 AM
YZF Desert

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

For one 2 strokes dont have more power than the 4 strokes,a four stroke will smoke a 2 stroke no prob, and four strokes are a whole lot easier to ride than a 2 stroke. If you want a 2 stroke go with a honda or yamaha dont get a suzuki there bikes suck, well not sure if they suck now but suzukis used to be the biggest pile of crap bike, there probably ok now but I still wouldnt recomend them. Im guessing your not 15 years old because you said you build sand rails so a 250 would probably be ok.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:08 AM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: YZF Desert

For one 2 strokes dont have more power than the 4 strokes,a four stroke will smoke a 2 stroke no prob, and four strokes are a whole lot easier to ride than a 2 stroke. If you want a 2 stroke go with a honda or yamaha dont get a suzuki there bikes suck, well not sure if they suck now but suzukis used to be the biggest pile of crap bike, there probably ok now but I still wouldnt recomend them. Im guessing your not 15 years old because you said you build sand rails so a 250 would probably be ok.
well i want a 2 stroke honda or yamaha but i cant find one could u link me to one
i have found an old honda 2 stroke bike for $1050 but its ancient and now i have the cash to buy a new one
Old 03-21-2007, 01:10 AM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey you are in glendale just 20 munites away from me [X(]
Old 03-21-2007, 11:49 AM
YZF Desert

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Go to your local 711 and buy a cycle trader, every thursday a new one comes out and it will be all street and dirt bikes for sale new and used mainly used and look through the honda dirt bikes, it will be in the back of magazine. Go with a Honda they also have the aluminum frame. If you want to buy new go look at LA honda they usually will usually have the best prices on hondas that you will be able to find. Do you have any ridding gear or are you going to have to buy that too. Here is a pic of an 07 cr250

Name:	Om32584.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	646598  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i already have riding gear and armor i like that bike i gues i will be looking out for one of those hondas also i love these rare honda mini trail

Name:	Lj21462.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	646684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41578.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	646685  
Old 03-21-2007, 07:00 PM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

here found one[link=http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/297961690.html]http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/297961690.html[/link]
Old 03-21-2007, 07:34 PM
YZF Desert

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LOL, my brother works for ESP. The only problem with that bike is I garrenty you that the guy rode it hard, and you being new to riding a 250 has more than enough power for someone new to dirt bikes probably too much, and that one has had mods done to the motor most likely high compression head to make more power
Old 03-21-2007, 08:19 PM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i love power [sm=kiss.gif][sm=kiss.gif][sm=kiss.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-21-2007, 10:12 PM
YZF Desert

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

go get a cycle trader and look through it, why not buy new you said you would pay 9k for new witch is way more than you would need to buy new. You can find 1-2-3 year old bikes used for a good price, especially 2 stroke because no one rides them anymore.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:04 AM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

especially 2 stroke because no one rides them anymore.
why []
Old 03-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Gyrotech

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Because mixing gas and finding powerbands is lost. Because 4strokes make more power and are faster bikes.
I like both for many reasons and if I was looking for a bike I might look at a ktm200exc which is 2stroke.

ORIGINAL: fastguy

why []
Old 03-22-2007, 12:29 PM
YZF Desert

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Gyrotech

Because mixing gas and finding powerbands is lost. Because 4strokes make more power and are faster bikes.
I like both for many reasons and if I was looking for a bike I might look at a ktm200exc which is 2stroke.

why []
The technology of four strokes have come around since they first came out and they are a whole lot lighter now than they used to be, still might be a little heavier than a 2 stroke but im not sure maybe there the same, 2 strokes a pain to ride because the power they make isnt smooth they make all there power at the power band, Its hard to explain I knoiw a bunch people that were diehard 2 stroke ridders and when they rode a four stroke for the first time they sold there 2 stroke and bought 4 strokes. Im not trying to talk you out of a 250 but in the future you will probably be riding a 4 stroke. I think there going to stop making 2 strokes pretty soon. As for a KTM they are nice bikes I dont like them but they are more money to buy and parts are harder to find in stock and more money.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:00 AM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

do you know any one who is selling one for real cheap [] i just spent[all the] cash on something cool you know well a new sand rail with a small block V8
it pops great wheelies

well you know some people who have them do you know any who have ones for cheap (dirt cheap)that are 2 stroke [:@] only have $150.00 left [:@]next month maybe more

Its hard to explain I knoiw a bunch people that were diehard 2 stroke ridders and when they rode a four stroke for the first time they sold there 2 stroke and bought 4 strokes
Old 03-23-2007, 03:04 AM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

4 strokes make more power?[sm=confused.gif][sm=50_50.gif][sm=71_71.gif][sm=75_75.gif][sm=72_72.gif]
Old 03-23-2007, 12:19 PM
YZF Desert

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

do you know any one who is selling one for real cheap [] i just spent[all the] cash on something cool you know well a new sand rail with a small block V8
it pops great wheelies

well you know some people who have them do you know any who have ones for cheap (dirt cheap)that are 2 stroke [:@] only have $150.00 left [:@]next month maybe more
Just save your money untill you have about 3-4 grand and start looking for used. Fastguy a fourstrike in the same class as a 2 will smoke it, for example CRF 150R will smoke the Cr 85 CRF 250R will smoke a CR125 and a CRF 450R will smoke a 250. The four stroke motors in dirt bikes are full on high performance race motors they rev out to around 15000 rpm befor the rev limiter kickes in.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:21 PM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

rev out to around 15000 rpm befor the rev limiter kickes in.
can you remove it or will it go boomba if you do?
Old 03-23-2007, 02:55 PM
YZF Desert

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

rev out to around 15000 rpm befor the rev limiter kickes in.
can you remove it or will it go boomba if you do?
You can get aftermarket rev boxes that will alow it to got to go usually 1000 more rpms, usually at that point your valves will start floating anyway, even if you ride hard you rarley hit in on a 450 but people that ride track and are good will hit the rev limiter all the time on 250Fs
Old 03-23-2007, 03:17 PM
jdoug

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have to agree with YZFDesert...get a 4-stroke. They are sweet and make great power from the moment you twist the throttle. The only thing I don't like about the 4-strokes is they are more expensive to maintain and harder to work on (much more going on inside the motor).

But, you can't beat em'

Name:	Bz78542.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	648168  
Old 03-23-2007, 03:30 PM
YZF Desert

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

4 strokes need more maintnence like checking the valves and reshimming for proper clearance at a point you will need replace valves,springs, guides, seats, but that all depends on how hard you ride. I think the only bad thing about them as they dont last like a 2 stroke with people that ride them hard for years and years they will become very worn out so many moving parts, unlike a 2 stroke you can pick up a old 2 stroke that still runs strong, and they mainly only need new piston and rings. Especially on the CRF 250R they have a 4 valve head, 2 intake 2 exhaust and there valve springs are so stiff to keep the valves from floating that people that ride the bike really hard are wearing the valves out extrwamly fast. The yamahas have 5 valve, I think 3 intake 2 exhaust so the yamaha doesnt have as much of a problems in that department as the hondas.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:34 PM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok next month i will buy one just not sure whitch one still hear that a 2 stroke is better [lasts longer more power]some new ones are cool

if any of you have a friend with a 2 stroke race him

AND SHOW ME THAT THE 4 STROKE WINNS

hey the SURGEON GENERAL SAID NOTHING ABOUT SMOKEING YOUR FRIENDS

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service