Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Lost my lake

Old 03-20-2007, 09:04 PM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Lost my lake

This weekend I lost the lake I have been running on for 5 years,man this sucks bad.Ithink it was all the people that came there with out permission and fished and threw paper and bottles and all kind of trash on the bank.As far as I know I am the only one that took the time to go and ask the owner for permission at least that is what he told me when he said no one can be there any more.Not sure what I am going to do for now,do any of you guys need a running partner or may have several boats for sale in a little while if I cant find somewhere to else run.We have no public lakes to run in here
Old 03-20-2007, 09:28 PM
danitolaboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Lost my lake

I feel your pain[:@]. So far I have been kicked out of 1 pond (my own backyard due to an old lady complaining about noise) and a local lake. Found a 3rd spot but this past sunday a couple of people stopped by to look but no complains so far.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:37 PM
BUDMAN27

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Me and my bud have been asked to leave a lake too by some old lady who didn,t care for the noise or what ever made her mad. Just keep looking you will find another place. Do your self a favor and when you find another place. Keep looking for a back up just incase.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:41 PM
MrMikeG

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Get a good muffler, or 2! If your under the noise limits they should not be able to kick you out. Be sensible and pro-active on your noise though.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Quicksilver1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A guy complained about my electric boat ruining the tranquility of a lake near by his house(I ran from a public boat launch). A freakin electric boat, not to mention there's real boats on the lake. Some people wont accept the hobby at all.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Believe It
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

that sucks. May wanna get with someone in IMPBA Dist 14 and see where they run at in Louisville. Not sure how far you are from there though.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:46 PM
misshydro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Man I must be lucky then.I have two friends who have ponds and let me run my boats anytime.I'd rather run my boat at a pond around here,then the lake.To many people are cop happy,they like to call the police.I live in a cop happy state and cop happy area![:'(] Small towns cops dont have anything else better to do then try to harras you and bust you on something stuped and minuscial piddly things around here.There trying to make there money around here.[:@] But I do feel your pain and I hope you find that pond or lake you need to run in.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 AM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[] sad [:@] [&o] my lake is made for boats
Old 03-21-2007, 04:56 AM
martno1fan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

are there no rivers near you? rivers are just as good as lakes or ponds if you have one near.or try the sea not sure where your nearest beach is lol but you get what i mean.try one of the european pipes they are very very quiet !!i know dave marles from the uk has them.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 AM
gasfreak

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes there is a river by me but there is a bunch of current in it at all times,Ihave a rescue boat and all but I really dont want to loose a boat.I need a real boat to launch in the river so I could for sure retrieve a dead boat or maybe a jet ski,but in the mean time I am going to look for another lake to run in.I do run a silencer on one of my boats but that was not the issue anyway this lake was out in the boonys no houses around it.They was just tired of everyone there all the time afraid of someone drowning or something like that,I was the only one that had permission to be there but I am done crying now I am sure you guys dont want to hear it anyhow,But I like the responces I have recieved Kinda cheered me up hear some of the same things I have been through
Old 03-21-2007, 06:37 AM
martno1fan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i know you have silencers over in the states but from what ive heard they arent any where near as silent as the ones used in europe .it was just a thought if you want to avoid been banned in future for noise,anyway i hope you find somewhere soon.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:27 AM
rickburnout666

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Was it a proper club pond and are there bins around it? If not get in touch with the owners of the pond, and offer your services to clean up the area, Maybe start a boat club and get the members to help get it tidied, a bit of hard work and offering a free servis (groveling) can change minds, and it sure beats losing a local favourite pond
Old 03-21-2007, 08:14 AM
martno1fan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rick has a good idea there and maybe if you offer to clean up after your self and others he might let you start up a small club, you wont know till you try but like he says its worth asking.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Triple M

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If that doesn't work just come to Canada. Within a 5 mile radius I have a large lake, 2 good rivers and about 4 ponds. I don't think people mind the noise as much up here. One drawback though they are all frozen right now!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It never hurts to frequent a few ponds. Spread the noise.

It is amazing. If you were working a chainsaw for hours on end looking like your suffering - no complaint what so ever. But the moment you smile and look like yor doing something you enjoy they will shut you down.

I just got a new house on a pond. I have already spoken with most of the neighbours about the hobby / addiction. So far all the guys are interested in seeing something running. But there is an old lady on the other side of the lake who I have yet to meet who will probably be the thorn in my side. In any event - I will probably only run at home occasionally and still frequent the other ponds I run at.

Definately best advice it to make the boat as quiet as possible. You may not loose much speed but you have a better chance of not getting the wrong attention. Look at the Mike Tyson Mufflers and / or Cooper pipes. The Jerone Tune pipes are very good also.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was out in the Main River here in Frankfurt on my boat. Brought along one of the gassers and after a few passes, a guy on another boat pulled up and asked me to stop. We're talking a public friggin' river out in the middle of it[:@]

If you enjoy it.......... someone else hates it and wants to put an end to your fun. (jerks)
Old 03-21-2007, 02:38 PM
fastguy
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

noise bugs me to (unles im makeing it )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56386.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	646711  
Old 03-21-2007, 04:03 PM
pete_486

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi gas freak my heart goes out to you on this one.
me and my buddy go to a lake and have been going there for about a year with small nitro's and electrics, but recently we got the gas bug and he put his gasser on the water last week with a few turned heads and a few comments about the local ducks getting hurt, but he kept well away from them.
my flying dragon will be ready this sunday so we will be running togther, although we will be running bonzi quiet pipes i can still forsee a big problem with the local duck feeding brigade, but it will be good while it lasts.
so mart we might be booking a session with you at the fleetwood lake, if thats ok
Old 03-21-2007, 04:16 PM
martno1fan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

get yer own lake i dont want getting kicked off [:@]!!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:46 PM
gasfreak

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I did call them Monday night and pretty much begged and pleaded with them because this lake was perfect and about 2 miles from the house.Yes I had permission to run there 5 years ago and it was pretty much me and my neighbor and sometimes one other guy but I guess people started to see us there and think it was alright to do what they wanted without getting permission from the owner like I did.The noise was not they problem,I run the Cooper silencers and they are the poop!!!they are older people of course and you know the story (well it would probably be better if no one went there somebody might get hurt or fall in and sue us.)Yea I offered to clean it up and run people off that should not be there to start with but did not work either you know what they say ONE BAD EGG WILL RUIN THE WHOLE DOZEN I already have my eyes on another lake right beside it and a younger guy ownes it so maybe just maybe he will be cool, maybe if I let him run one of my boats.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Baboon48

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Justaddwata where is the best place to order Mike Tyson Mufflers and / or Cooper pipes? Thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 07:02 PM
MrMikeG

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://cooperpipes.com/products/products/

[link=http://p086.ezboard.com/fjimsrcboatdockfrm11.showMessage?topicID=13.topic]Mike T[/link]
Old 03-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Paul M

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Now your thinkin gas freak. Hey, maybe if you let him run one of your boats you might get lucky and he'll turn into a real fiend like JAW or Googly. Now would that be the ticket

I got kicked off one of my spots one time but i was stupid ... Mathe 35 with no silencer at 7:30 Sat AM... I know I know... what was I thinkin.

The best advice is to spread the noise over several spots if you can. People never know when you'll be there and when it's once in a blue moon they are less likely to complain.

I'm runnin near Bristol, TN by myself and would love the company... and I'm not a kook... well ...not... a dangerous kook
Old 03-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah, I moved it over to the OT forum, the is the perfect spot for this subject.
Most of us are going to run into this problem when running boats as I have. I had an old lady complain about the noise of my .21 mono so I just packed up and left. It was no big deal to me as I have 2 other places to run at within 2 miles of my house but I'm one of the few lucky ones. Another pond that I go to no one hassles us as they wouldn't want the cops called anyway. Most of the people there are either drinking or using illegal substances. It's also right by where I work so there is a security camera watching me while I'm running.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:22 AM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Recommendation...

I would like to recommend that all you internal combustion model boaters now carry a leaf blower in your cars along with your boat. That way when someone complains about the noise from your boat, you can just fire up the leaf blowe for a comparison.

[8D][8D]

If only it were that easy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service