Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

IS TWISTED LIQUID OUT OF BUSINESS???

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

IS TWISTED LIQUID OUT OF BUSINESS???

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 11:02 AM
hdking46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS TWISTED LIQUID OUT OF BUSINESS???

any body know is twisted liquid out of business ???? i cannt contact them paid for items not received and cannt get in touch with them.....any help please ....
Old 04-24-2007, 11:26 AM
losifiend

Default RE: IS TWISTED LIQUID OUT OF BUSINESS???

They seem to be in business even though their business practice lacks detail. I'm currently working on trying to get them to tell me where the hell my order is that I placed 9 days ago. I have had contact with them and they are very fast at responding through thier customer service request form on their website. Its getting the parst thats a problem. I will give them the benifit of the doubt as they have ashured me that I will get my parts soon.

Try reaching them here[link]http://www.*******************.com/contactus.html[/link]. They will respond quite quickly.

Hope that helps.

Rafael
Old 04-24-2007, 12:15 PM
tugboatjoe

I have bought alot stuff from them and waiting on a order now...They can be very slow on shipping at times but i have always got what i order and good products too.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:26 PM
hdking46

when i ordered they tell me ship in 2-3 days .ok now 3 weekslater no parts and no return emails or phone call!!!! [:'(]
Old 04-24-2007, 12:35 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm STILL WAITING on my order placed two mo. ago...[:'(] slow shipping,I THINK NOT,not even the courtesy of a reply to my e-mails OR phone calls...they are a SINKING BOAT,Ladies and Gentlemen,fellow hobbiest,RCU readers and subscribers,wake up and smell the coffee, and heed the writings on this thread, we ALL just got "twisted"..........[:@] WHOOOOOOSSS'NEXT ??
Old 04-24-2007, 03:46 PM
hdking46

i agree they need the long arm of the law after them..... no replys means they keep your money!!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
losifiend

Well, they told me yesterday that if my order had not been sent out yet() that they would ship it out today express mail. We'll see come tomorow if my order is waiting for me when I come home. If not I'll be filing a claim with paypal and will persue the mater with who ever has juristiction over fraudulent internet busineses. The last I heard it was a federal offense to rip people off over the net.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:16 PM
hdking46

that right jail time[sm=punching.gif]
Old 04-24-2007, 07:58 PM
cmiller73

PM'd all but tugboatjoe. Please read asap. I am here to fix this ASAP
Old 04-24-2007, 09:10 PM
mopartybob

Thanks for your efforts cmiller73, looking forward to hearing from you........
Old 04-24-2007, 09:51 PM
cmiller73

Working on it.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:57 PM
toyotatruckin

The net isnt regulated like that the only leg you have to stand on is if you payed with paypal you can file with them..

ORIGINAL: losifiend

Well, they told me yesterday that if my order had not been sent out yet() that they would ship it out today express mail. We'll see come tomorow if my order is waiting for me when I come home. If not I'll be filing a claim with paypal and will persue the mater with who ever has juristiction over fraudulent internet busineses. The last I heard it was a federal offense to rip people off over the net.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:11 PM
hdking46

thanks....
Old 04-24-2007, 10:14 PM
hdking46

i dont know about the net not being regulated like that??? people go to jail all the time for taking money and not shipping item on e--y..
Old 04-24-2007, 10:20 PM
gooycheese

Yes internet fraud is a Federal issue that is a joint project of the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center. And yes paying with paypal would be the safest way to go. Honestly I doubt this is a fraud case, it sounds more like a case of getting to much business and falling behind a little.

Paul
Old 04-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Drmeff

You will get your stuff, it just seems like they take forever sometimes to get it out the door. I don't think it is fraud problem, more like what gooycheese said, too much business and too little (or no sense of) customer service
Old 04-24-2007, 11:03 PM
tc4 drft

I too have placed an order. About a week and a half ago, and I haven't contacted them....yet. While I don't think this is in any means "fraud", it is a for sure questionable way of doing business. If TLR is falling behind with orders, why not be up front about it? I had a snowboard built for me this past winter, and he fell behind. But he answered my calls, explained the situation, and in the end, came out all good. I send people to him all the time. After reading a thread like this, and going through the problem first hand, why would I or anyone suggest TLR to their friends, or anyone asking questions about their boat? I hope TLR reads this thread, grows a pair, and explains the reason for delayed shipping and lack of follow up.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:17 PM
4wheelinrevo

i was going to order the rudder mod for the TC31 from them, but i dont know if i even should because i probably wont get it in time for this summer, maybe sumer of 08' ?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:40 AM
losifiend

ORIGINAL: tc4 drft

I too have placed an order. About a week and a half ago, and I haven't contacted them....yet. While I don't think this is in any means "fraud", it is a for sure questionable way of doing business. If TLR is falling behind with orders, why not be up front about it? I had a snowboard built for me this past winter, and he fell behind. But he answered my calls, explained the situation, and in the end, came out all good. I send people to him all the time. After reading a thread like this, and going through the problem first hand, why would I or anyone suggest TLR to their friends, or anyone asking questions about their boat? I hope TLR reads this thread, grows a pair, and explains the reason for delayed shipping and lack of follow up.
I agree that its not direct fraud and they may be honest people with bad habits. But the fact that they keep telling people that their stuff is in the main makes one feel like they're being scammed.

I let them know that if they needed more time I would understand. I'm aware that this is probably a side business and maybe not their first priority. Their reply was
We are checking your order now and will get back to you very shortly with a reply. If we find your order to be lost, we will ship it express to you in the morning. Thank you and have a nice day.
. That was the day before yesterday and no one has gotten back to me. I'm a big believer that people are only as good as their word. These guys aren't worth a ****![>:]
Old 04-25-2007, 09:28 AM
cmiller73

If you are going to contact please do it right. If you use the link on their website, in the question box, please do put "Where's My Parts". This doesn't tell CS anything. There is boxes there for a reason. Fill them all out to the best of your knowledge. If you don't get a answer call them. Not the 877 number. That number does not belong to TLR and is having problems as I type this. People say they can't get in touch with them. Well I was told by James that he was on the phone with someone at 11:30PM on Tuesday night. Remember their hours of operation are 7am to 5pm.

I will try this one more time. TLR wants you to have your parts. I can't promise you that you will have them in 24hours but I have done my best to get most their parts or refund(if the parts aren't available).

Thank you for your patience and time.

Chad
Old 04-25-2007, 09:45 AM
hdking46

thanks... could you list a phone that works all the ones i have from email and web site say number is changed or disconnected?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:45 AM
cmiller73

Also hdking46, I haven't heard back from you about my PM I sent you.

edit
I posted while you posted, call the number in the "Contact Us" link on their site. I think it's against RCU to post tele numbers.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:03 AM
mopartybob

As requested by TLR Customer service, to post there reply in this forum as to cmiller73 inquiry as to my order and the outcome of it is this...

Hello Sir

Your order will be refunded today. Make sure you post that we refunded you on RCU, were we can not respond. nice of you to make your posting there on a forum where we can not help you, but i am sure you have been contacted by one of our reps, who was trying to get your problem solved. Well it will be solved as we said. You are being refunded. Thank you and have a nice day. Also if you every have this problem again, you do have a dispute button on your paypal, instead of posting in a forum we can not see or help you with. Have a nice day.

Thank You,

My Reply...

Hello TLR,You have had ample opportunities to resolve this issue before I even mentioned it in the forums,I gave you the benefit of the doubt,Hell,I even stood behind you and defended you hoping you would get it all sorted out,and you couldn't even give me the courtesy of a "honest reply as to the status of my order" I made a purchase in good faith and all I got was "twisted truth" about false production runs and mailing dates,sure I could have hit the dispute button on paypal,but for my knowledge and the truth in dealing with your company as to the outcome has now presented itself, I am satisfied that I will no longer purchase anything from you and based upon my experience, which I will continue to post in the forums,will encourage other's to do so also and to shop elsewhere.

Thank you and good luck!

$69.95 USD

REFUND

Note: Hello sir

This is a refund for the SW55 Rudder system. Attention to the order was brought and we are refunding you for this item. Thank you and have a nice day.
Customer Service TLR

Once again you guys at TLR are still trying to give me "the twisted shaft" you refunded the purchase price,but NOT the shipping charges of 9.95$,this further confirms my suspicions as to your questionable business practices and customer service ethics...........please refund COMPLETE cart price..Thank-you and have a nice day..... [:'(]
Old 04-25-2007, 10:39 AM
losifiend

ORIGINAL: cmiller73

If you are going to contact please do it right. If you use the link on their website, in the question box, please do put "Where's My Parts". This doesn't tell CS anything. There is boxes there for a reason. Fill them all out to the best of your knowledge. If you don't get a answer call them. Not the 877 number. That number does not belong to TLR and is having problems as I type this. People say they can't get in touch with them. Well I was told by James that he was on the phone with someone at 11:30PM on Tuesday night. Remember their hours of operation are 7am to 5pm.

I will try this one more time. TLR wants you to have your parts. I can't promise you that you will have them in 24hours but I have done my best to get most their parts or refund(if the parts aren't available).

Thank you for your patience and time.

Chad
I really do appreciate your help and I dont know if that comment was directed towards me or not but I was told by someone when I called the number on their front page, which has now been removed, that the best way to customer service was by going here[link]http://www.*******************.com/contactus.html[/link]. That is what I did and I'm shure others have to. Why someone would setup a customer service center that has no contact with the shipping department is beyond me. You dont have to be a business guru to know that those departments need to work in conjunction or at least have access to shipping data.

As far as the parts, I want the parts more than getting my money back. But dont tell me it will be shipped then forget about it. Communication is key.

As far as people posting threads like this, its the only resource that people have sometimes when dealing with an internet company. People who own net businesses sometimes think that because the transaction is being done over the net they can slack off or jerk people around. The net can also be usefull in putting a company with bad practises out of business or eat least detur people from shopping with them.[>:]

Old 04-25-2007, 10:48 AM
cmiller73

No it wasn't directed towards you. It just shows how some customers act.
Mopartybob, I hope you get the shipping charge cleared up.
losifiend, did you contact them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.