Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

DON'T PUMP GAS ON MAY 15TH!!

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:22 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DON'T PUMP GAS ON MAY 15TH!!

I received this in a email.
i think its a good idea.

In April of 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15, 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station and pump gas in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies' pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I can't see why you wouldn't) resend this to your entire contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th".

I'LL BE PARTICIPATING AND HOPE ALL OF YOU SEE THE IMPORTANCE AND DO THE SAME. PUT A REMINDER ON YOUR CALENDAR!
The more participants, the better the outcome; I am sure we will not see every human on the internet do this, but those who read this will most likely try their best to jump in.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:49 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: DON'T PUMP GAS ON MAY 15TH!!

A week would make the point even more prolific. But we know that will never happen.... But get all the airlines based in the USA to do a "No Fly-Day" on the 15th also....then you'd see some attention paid to gas prices REAL QUICK!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Flabum

Yeah, well all the gas companies know you need the gas, and if you don't buy it on the 15th, you will on the 16th.....they know this. You want to put a hole in their account? Get everybody to walk or bike to work for a month.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Bert93

What [X(] no one is going to ride their bikes, most people live 15- 20 miles away from their work.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Quicksilver1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Flabum

Yeah, well all the gas companies know you need the gas, and if you don't buy it on the 15th, you will on the 16th.....they know this. You want to put a hole in their account? Get everybody to walk or bike to work for a month.
Yeah, I dont really see the point. I'm not going to get into the politics and morality issue, but yeah I'll be filling up my toyota that day, because it doesnt cost much. Oh and I live 30 miles from work.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Flabum

You want a real price reduction? get your local and state governments to repeal the taxes on the gas. We are paying something like $.79 a gallon in taxes.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Quicksilver1

ORIGINAL: Flabum

You want a real price reduction? get your local and state governments to repeal the taxes on the gas. We are paying something like $.79 a gallon in taxes.
well that I cant argue with. Only problem, gas prices are bound to go up and up till there is no more gas. Kind of circles around us using way to much gas, china's economic boom, south america not being very friendly and oil supply is on the down slope, at least US oil supply. With Katrina and overall US production down, we have to rely on Foreign oil, which is a huge problem. Not to sound like a tree hugger, but I think we need to think about the future and forget about oil. I know that's easier said than done, however with prices on the rise, interest in alternative fuels is on the rise and so is public support. Assuming we can cut down drastically on demand, we can still run our big V8's just not as much as we'd like.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:57 AM
cmiller73

oil supply is on the down slope, at least US oil supply
That is what alot of people think. And many politicians want you to think that, but guess what.There is oil in the states. More than what is in the Mid East. Guess where it's at. Wyoming, Colorado, Utah. That resivoir is much bigger then what is overseas.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This keeps going around the internet every time that the gas prices go up and hasn't done a thing yet. I'd bet that you got this in an e-mail as there is always somebody with some bright idea that it would work.
No, it wouldn't even if it was tried. People would gas up the day before and the day after this "protest" so what has really been proven? Nothing.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Raylon

It's like instead of buying $10 the 15th and then $10 on the 16th for gas, it's just like buying $20 on the 16th. Like Ron said, people are still gunna need that gas one way or another.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:38 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

What would work better is to choose a brand and boycott it for several weeks. When they get the message and lower prices, switch to that brand and boycott another. Keep doing this until it becomes clear to them that consumers will no longer tolerate their artifically inflated prices.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 PM
cmiller73

Read here, it will tell you the truth.
[link]http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp[/link]

As you can see this has been going on since 2K. Guess what the gas prices are still rising.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Flabum

Still waiting for the money from Bill Gates
Old 05-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Quicksilver1

wow, you erased one of my posts, starting to think differently, I didnt say a thing, badly. is that ok to say?
So you are thought police then. This place is far to strict. I dont feel like I get to really say anything.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:26 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Quicksilver
wow, you erased one of my posts, starting to think differently, I didnt say a thing, badly. is that ok to say?
So you are thought police then. This place is far to strict. I dont feel like I get to really say anything.
Using characters (%&*@) in place of obcenities is regarded as a no no. Doing it multiple times in one post (to the point of the post not making a lot of sense) is not a big contribution to the thread either. I have edited and restored your post but it is 1/2 what it was.

Posts like those do get flagged and if I dont bump it someone else will.

Thems the rules - we all follow them

Old 05-04-2007, 03:12 PM
johnnyx

Gas in the uk is over $10 a gallon[>:]
Old 05-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

The reason this idea keeps popping up is that it is sent by the oil companies so that they can show a need to raise prices to maintain profits...

Oh no, no one is buying gas so we must raise prices to maintain a profit for our investors...

And doesn't it seem to be working?

[&:]
Old 05-05-2007, 03:12 AM
BUDMAN27

If it was up to me I wouldn,t pump gas at all.Well maybe just my boats
Old 05-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Quicksilver1

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

Using characters (%&*@) in place of obcenities is regarded as a no no. Doing it multiple times in one post (to the point of the post not making a lot of sense) is not a big contribution to the thread either. I have edited and restored your post but it is 1/2 what it was.

Posts like those do get flagged and if I dont bump it someone else will.

Thems the rules - we all follow them

They weren't obscenities, that was the joke, I thought we were not supposed to talk politics which this thread clearly would breed discussion about. I was just talking about foreign policy without directly saying it. Point being my $%^& and such were bleeping words like american, oil, Chavez. I kind of thought the fill in the blanks were obvious and not one looked like it would be interpreted as swearing, unless you didnt bother to read it. seriously, was a joke I even went so far as to make the words the same amount of characters. Anyway, sorry for the mix up, but I'm still surprised it was flagged or anything. I'll use ----- from now on.

$3.17/gallon reg. here now.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The 15th is a lousy time to not pump gas. If you really want to hit them hard and rattle some federal cages, don't travel anywhere on Memorial Day weekend. This is always a big travel time and it will also hit tourism in the pocket. If you can't afford to travel on your vacation, those cities that depend on tourism dollars will be griping to the Governors.
What if everyone said not to go to Disneyland, Six Flags, Cedar Point or any other amusement park in protest of high gas prices?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:23 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: johnnyx

Gas in the uk is over $10 a gallon[>:]
thats because george bush is stealing all the oil from around the world why else do you think they invaded iraq? only problem is they fooled tony blair into thinking it was to do with the war on terror lmao.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

They weren't obscenities, that was the joke,

I'm still surprised it was flagged or anything. I'll use ----- from now on.

$3.17/gallon reg. here now.
I personally like to use the smiley when calling for any reason.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Flabum

or cancel your cruise and flight vacations as well,,,, cruise lines and airlines will really put pressure on the government too.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Bert93

What would work better is to choose a brand and boycott it for several weeks. When they get the message and lower prices, switch to that brand and boycott another. Keep doing this until it becomes clear to them that consumers will no longer tolerate their artifically inflated prices.
That's smarter than just boycotting gas all together
Old 05-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

be funny to see how the boycott would go if gas stations dropped their prices by 10 cents on the 15th - that would really test peoples resolve. Money talks.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.