Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

Oldschool R/c Boat Help

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Oldschool R/c Boat Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 03:13 PM
jcplinux42008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oldschool R/c Boat Help

I recently recived an old Excalibur 40 hawk r/c boat circa 1988. Im wondering what i can do aside from going brushless too make this thing zoom just for the hell of it not trying to get extreme speed , im buying a supervee 27 or a blackjack nitro for my fast boat. So far i have removed the transmission which was a 3:1 reduction and made it direct shft drive. Added an electronic speed control and a 19t double wound motor , the battery is a cheap radioshack 7.2 volt i think im going to get a 7 cell. Any input or maybe just others interested learning more. This boat holds sort of a special nostalgiac value to me , because my grandpaw got it when i was around 5 and we alwasy ran it with his big boats and around the marina thatnk yo in advance
Jcplinux
Old 05-25-2007, 03:40 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Oldschool R/c Boat Help

Welcome to the site jcp...,the value you placed on that boat is PRICELESS....please post your inquiry on the electric side of the forum and you'll have more than enuff answers to your questions,also,post pics if possible,we love to see "old school boats/projects"....