Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

RC Electric Boat Recommendation

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

RC Electric Boat Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 01:38 PM
luckylockamy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Electric Boat Recommendation

Hello.

I'm looking for recommendations on an electric RC boat suitable for chasing geese out of a pond. The pond is approximately 400 feet wide and surrounded by houses.

I'm relatively new to the RC boat world so I would like something reliable, easy to startup and easy to maintain. I've had Megatech H20 Pro Racer, but it lasted two months before exhibiting problems.

Since I'm here, perhaps someone could tell me what the problem is. While the boat is in my hand and the motor at full throttle, the motor immediately sputters and the rudder becomes uncontrollable when I dip the spinning blades and rudder in the water. The problem immediately disappears when I lift the boat's tail out of the water and reappears when I redip the boat's tail. The next day, the problem may or may not be there. The transmitter batteries are new, the boat's battery has been fully discharged and recharged and the electronics compartment is dry.

I'd appreciate any advice on what ails my Pro Racer and what other boats I should be considering. Thanks!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: RC Electric Boat Recommendation

You might contact your local authorities (wildlife officials, police, etc) to discuss the situation since you will probably find that someone else will when you start chasing wildlife with your boat.

The activity is totally frowned upon by any/everyone I know. We like to run boats for the sake of running boats and the fact is that we (model boat enthusiasts) get kicked off ponds because of the potential disturbance to wildlife and water fowl.

Fact is that birds really dont seem to mind the noise and look of a boat on the water. Heck - I have seen videos of guys running reasonably loud gasoline boats in pretty close proximity to water birds and they virtually look the other way.

I would recommend considering an alternative option than to try to use a model boat to chase wildlife. It is not good for the image of the hobby if anyone were to see you. It is not good should you happen to harm a bird in the process. And I am sure the authorities will take a kinder view to your interest if you contacted them directly - rather than in response to someone else alerting them to your actions.