Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

Member , ( SHIP)

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Member , ( SHIP)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:30 PM
RaceCraftRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Member , ( SHIP)

I fly rc heli's, I fly rc Aircraft, to do this at the local field I needed to get AMA ( not a bad deal mag is ok, but the videos blow) I just started trying to get into some boat raceing and instead of just showing up and racing you have to be a member of some other group and pay them money, what gives, I just don't understand why these models are restricted so much and why there are so many groups to police them it's geting crazy. Maybe it should be like hunting and fishing were you can get a fishing permit , or a hunting permit, or if you do both a sportsman permit. Sorry to vent this is just to stupid. I know people that race cars you just show up at the track they group you with sim cars and your of, I know cart racers they group you the same way and all you have to do is show up, but not for models, small boat models, it just seems strange thanks for listening. AX
Old 04-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Member , ( SHIP)

Membership ensures insurance - no insurance - no racing. You can usually sign up for a one day membership for around $5.

If you want to run your boat socially then you can run it anywhere you choose. But to run (and compete) in an organized event you need to pay a membership fee (since the event is open to members) which also supports the local club (and insurance coverage). There are also fees for entry into different events - fees cover tropheys and prizes etc.

Last I looked - membership into Namba or IMPBA is not much $ for a 12 month membership. I have been a member a few years just for the insurance (I rarely race anything I own).
Old 04-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Member , ( SHIP)

Membership.... I've thought about it many times.

You're complaining because someone asked you for a few $'s membership? Hardly an arguement. When you've got a real issue lets talk. To make a long story short you're few $'s is peanuts when I'm willing to pay almost a grand a year and no one will take my money. Yes, like yours, mine is hard earned but would be well worth it.

Boaters all around need to unite & let their be one voice. Not three or four dozen.