Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

general

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 12:30 PM
dom.pash96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default general

talk about anything you want in this forum....apart from religion and politics!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 02:43 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: general

Uh, okay. It's reather late, I'm a bit sleepy, but I'm really more nervous, I dont really know what to say...So, please forgive me if I knida ramble on and such. Wait a minute, is this thing even on?
Old 01-16-2009, 07:42 AM
munro1656

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Uh, okay. It's reather late, I'm a bit sleepy, but I'm really more nervous, I dont really know what to say...So, please forgive me if I knida ramble on and such. Wait a minute, is this thing even on?

yeah what he said!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:59 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Okay, I have a little more to say now. Though there is already another thread on economics, that thread only talks about the RC industry being hit by the economy. But I want to talk about the poor state of the economy as far as all industries in general, nit just RCs, so this is the proper thread to discuss that.

Here is our problem on why the economy is failing (though there are many more details being hidden from public view): The prime consumer, we Americans, are losing our ability to spend. Why? We are losing our jobs to overseas. China and India are the major sources of sucking away American jobs right now. And worse, alot of other 3rd world countries too are sucking American jobs also, like Malaysia, Taiwan(that is if you consider Taiwan seperate from China), and about a dozen more small countries.

These places are taking American jobs away because first and foremost, they are a very very cheap source of labor. Why? Those poeple are thrown into sweat shops and paid peanuts. Worse, the companies do not have to pay them any sort of benefits or take care of their healthcare costs.
And aside from labor, what makes these countries a cheap source is because they do not have any or very little environmental laws, so they can pollute and dump toxic wastes at will or with very liittle restrictions.

What have we Americans done to give away our purchasing power? For one, we very unwisely relaxed our trading barriers way too much. These should not have been dropped in such a manner, instead, if trading needs to be opened up, the trade barriers should have been dropped in a smart manner instead of the way it has been. Another reason is too much deregulation in all the wrong places and too much more new regulations in all the wrong places. Healthcare is such an example. Healthcare hurts jobs directly because it is a benefit that most employers must provided, depending on which state you are in. We allowed the healthcare to gouge us instead of controlling their price hikes. And the healthcare insurance companies are just as bad. The healthcare insurance companies should have been put on a VERY short leash. Healthcare is such a major factor to employer costs and this is one of the major reasons why jobs are going overseas. So, we have to demand that healthcare companies be put on a short leash and open their books up in full transperancies. We need to be shown justification for outrageous health care costs. If it is lawsuits that are driving up healthcare costs, then fraud cases should be attacked much harder than it is now.

The next issue is environmental laws. Yes, I believe in environmental laws, but those need to be passed in a smart manner such that companies do not have their operating costs increased to non-profitability. The very high environmental laws are useless because here is what is happening: We Americans are passing our trash. That means we send that manufactuing to china because their environmental laws are non-existent or are much more lax than ours. Sure, We are not polluting anymore, but you know what? The company in china is polluting worse than what we would have if we kept that industry stateside! So, the environmental laws have not helped to clean up the Earth, it only made the pollution worse becauese we now pass our trash to countries who allow way too much pollution.

As for trade barriers, regulations, etc., I will not get into that, there is too much politics in that to discuss it here.

Another reason why the economy is going down from americans losing their jobs is because of us, the consumers. We buy the cheapeset things possibls. And I admit, I am guilty of that. And all the cheap stuff is made in china. So, lets say you buy pencils for school. You go to Wal-made-in-China-Mart and buy pencils dirt cheap instead of buying pencils that were made in the US. The employees of the US pencil makers lose their jobs because the pencil company has to send the jobs to china just to be competitive. Those now unemployed pencil makers are no longing consuming and supporting the economy, they are now on unemplyment and sucking money away from taxpayers who still have jobs! We need to get over this low-balling when we shop and seek out American made goods. I do now, and I am not disappointed. Chinese products are inferior by many standards and chinese goods are disposable, they are not meant to last (The chinese companies make the products dirt cheap, not because of sweat labor and lax environmental laws, but also because they cheat and use inferior materials, and even lace the products with poisons, like lead or anti-freeze or whatever).

My point is Buy American! You could be saving your own job.
You will help the environment too, and most of all, you will at least keep an American in his job for just a little longer.