Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

The Theory of Intelligence

Old 01-16-2009, 10:27 PM
DONS BOAT WORKS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default The Theory of Intelligence

The Theory of Intelligence

I don't think I've ever heard the concept explained any better than this.

'Well you see, Norm, it's like this . . . A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.'
Old 01-17-2009, 12:41 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The Theory of Intelligence

Uh...Im actually speachless at the humerous fallacy they created.

Humor aside, there is no such thing as "faster fitter" nuerons in the brain, they all fire in the same manner. The only neurons that can transmit a "signal"
(or more properly, a pulse) faster than your joe blow nuerons are the ones with glial cells sheathing extremely long axons.

Of well, what we TV watching people find humerous. Maybe another fallacy is actually true: Watching too much TV also kills brain cells!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:39 AM
munro1656

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Humor aside, there is no such thing as "faster fitter" nuerons in the brain, they all fire in the same manner. The only neurons that can transmit a "signal"
(or more properly, a pulse) faster than your joe blow nuerons are the ones with glial cells sheathing extremely long axons.

Of well, what we TV watching people find humerous. Maybe another fallacy is actually true: Watching too much TV also kills brain cells!
chill out dude were not in a sience lesson[sm=49_49.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif]

DON I will be passing that to some mates that WILL get a great laugh as for me i'm going to grab another jimmy b and cola so I can get a little smarter then go back to the gas section

cheers craig
Old 01-19-2009, 11:08 AM
mopartybob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Doe's this "theory"apply to "woman".....?? [:-] and if so.... then WHY do Us men end up with "the Problems".....
Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 AM
nvs motorsports

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

NO drinking lots of alcohol just makes them look better in our eyes only but the effects are very short lasting
Old 02-04-2009, 12:16 PM
martno1fan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

You have too much time on your hands get a hobby
Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: munro1656

chill out dude were not in a sience lesson[sm=49_49.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Why not? Science lessons are very fun, I find them rather....fascinating [sm=49_49.gif]
Old 02-05-2009, 10:19 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nvs motorsports

NO drinking lots of alcohol just makes them look better in our eyes only but the effects are very short lasting
Well, there should always be another 6-pack in the fridge for the morning after, that way, it fights the headaches, literally and figuratively!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mopartybob

Doe's this "theory"apply to "woman".....?? [:-] and if so.... then WHY do Us men end up with "the Problems".....
IDK, but women do ask the very same question about us men too! They just perceive the "problems" from their own points of view a bit differently
Old 02-05-2009, 10:25 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Quote:

You have too much time on your hands get a hobby
Nah, I always think in this manner, I guess I can be way to analytical, sorry. [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

On a side note, another ponderance just popped into my massof neural connections: The question is "Why is it called taking a whiz? It should be called leaving a whiz! Afterall, you are not taking it anywhere!"

Actually, I did wonder that when I was younger while inebriated. Did the loss of brain cells cause that question to present itself before me? Maybe it is some sort of sign.

Search this Thread