Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Removing mineral deposits from water cooling gear.

Looking for some ideas here:

I was doing some simple maintenance on one of my boats last night and noticed mineral deposits in the water lines...dried crusty crap. That is no problem...fixed by intalling new line which I was going to do anyway...

If there are deposits in the line, that means there is crap in the gear. What would be the best means of removing it? I thought about running vinegar through it, or some CLR, but I'm not sure...

Thanks
    John
    Rio 51 w/CY26, Supervee27 Nitro, HB King 2, E-REVO, E-MAXX, E-Savage, Super Cub, GP L-89, Futaba 3PK, Futaba 7C 2.4ghz FASST

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Removing mineral deposits from water cooling gear.

I would use a coffee pot cleaner and run it through, but be sure to rinse it very well

edit: to correct overtired half a wake grammer lol
    Just a high tech redneck
    HEAVY METAL HOBBIES
    \"You lift you lose\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Removing mineral deposits from water cooling gear.

If you can get the cooling cap off,clean the inside of the cap and the stuff off the jug with steel wool and a wire brush,then spray with Corrosion X or something equal.I have a weedeater engine that you can't take the cap off and I put CLR in it,plug the holes and let it sit over night then flushed it out and repeated it all over again till the water came out clear.I then sprayed Corrosion X into the cap and turned the cap and engine different ways to coat it inside.