Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

New Years Party set-up

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

New Years Party set-up

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Jon DesJardins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Years Party set-up

So this year my wife and I are having a New Years party and want it to be just like a club.

We started off with all American DJ products because they are reviewed as cost effective and legit club lighting/accessories. The LED Quest is self driven and there is a mic pick-up in the back so it works to the tune of the music, and if you get more than one you can link them together and have one a master and the others slaves so they all coincide together. I highly recommend this brands lighting accessories.

LED Quest flower light - $169
Fogger Array (greatly enhances the light system) - $60
Panel UV blacklight - $150

Here is a clip of the LED Quest working to Music with a little fog in the air so you can see all the light beams! They are awesome together, now I know why clubs always toss a little fog in the air or the lights.... looks 10x better

http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/u...=LEDQuest2.flv
Old 12-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Default RE: New Years Party set-up

Good luck with your event! I've been a mobile/club DJ for the last 12 years. Mostly weddings, but Ihave a regular club gig each week as the resident DJ. Watch that "fog" machine. Iknow which one you are talking about as I have 4 of them. Be careful how much fog you use as they WILL set off smoke alarms! Most of the parties I do will not allow a fogger for that reaon. Ihave a hazer machine that does the same thing as a fogger. Only difference is there is NO wait time for heat up, it has NO odor and will not set off the alarms since it's a water or oil based mist that is created by them. American DJ makes some good stuff. Matter of fact, in my DJ tower I use their professional equipment line of products....dual CD players, 4 channel mixer....all the goodies, they're branded as American Audio. I'll post a few picts later. I'll also try to set up a "party" in the garage showing how the hazer in action with a few lasers and some more LED club lighting that Ihave.

Have fun with your party!
Old 12-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Jon DesJardins

Thanks, yea very small bust will fill the room!
I figured it would set off alarms so I will just pull them while the party is taking place and pop them back on, I saw the hazers but if I remember its a bit $$$ !

Do you know how the blacklights are?
if I wanted a good one, is their UV panel too much for a home application or the UV cannon?

Not sure if the UV is better or the same as the standard black lights
Old 12-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Dreamin Hemi

ORIGINAL: spoolinaww

I figured it would set off alarms so I will just pull them while the party is taking place and pop them back on, I saw the hazers but if I remember its a bit $$$ !

if I wanted a good one, is their UV panel too much for a home application or the UV cannon?

The UV panel is nice. I use them myself. The hazer I have is built by Chauvet and costs about $400'ish. Worth it considering how much it may cost the establishment and ultimately ME if I ever set one of their alarms off and the fire department arrived! You just need enough to have the light beams be seen.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Jon DesJardins

ORIGINAL: Dreamin Hemi

ORIGINAL: spoolinaww

The UV panel is nice. I use them myself. The hazer I have is built by Chauvet and costs about $400'ish. Worth it considering how much it may cost the establishment and ultimately ME if I ever set one of their alarms off and the fire department arrived! You just need enough to have the light beams be seen.

Ok so the Panel is nice then, I saw it and am thinking about getting that next! I would think that some blacklight beer pong with white cups/balls would be pretty dang neat in the garage all set up.

Yeah the american DJ Hazer was about the same, just over $400 so I figured the $60 array was good for just personal house use, we disconnected the alarms and it works great with just a little in the air like you said!

Here are a few vids without the fog in the air, these are with a camera instead of a dumb cell phone!

Enjoy, I swear my wife and I are going to be party people all by ourselves every night now, feels like a club

http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MVI_1708.flv
http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MVI_1706.flv
Old 12-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Dreamin Hemi

Looks great in the corner of that room. Very similar to the Vertigo LED that I use in a pair form when doing weddings. If you're interested in a second, one of my favorite "budget" lights is the "Aggressor" also made by American DJ. Fills a very wide area and has a great strobe feature as well.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Jon DesJardins

ORIGINAL: Dreamin Hemi

Looks great in the corner of that room. Very similar to the Vertigo LED that I use in a pair form when doing weddings. If you're interested in a second, one of my favorite ''budget'' lights is the ''Aggressor'' also made by American DJ. Fills a very wide area and has a great strobe feature as well.
Thanks!
Yup it works awesome in the corner & in the adjacent corner I will install the 2nd... just haven't had the time.
Then I can link the LED Quest Master/slave set-up and they will work together which will be awesome!
Old 12-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Jon DesJardins

Here are a few vids of the LED Quest working with some Fog in the air.
10x better effect

http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MVI_1711.flv
http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MVI_1712.flv
http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MVI_1713.flv