Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

Gulf oil spill

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Gulf oil spill

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 06:13 AM
BUDMAN27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gulf oil spill

SO who many people out there are PO about the BP oil spill ? All I know is what I see on the TV ,but it realy is P me off that a compny that has been drilling for oill for many years can,t figure out how to stop an oill leak. Sombody has to stand up to these big corprit companies and fight for the little guy.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Gulf oil spill

It may be just me but when ever I hear the investigations/inquiries it reminds me more of Abbott and Costellos "Whos on first".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDchQmnjkmg[/youtube]

I hear people say "dont buy from BP" but I have to ask are these the same people who also told me not to buy from Exxon a few years back? I am certain if BP prices were $0.05 lower than any other suppliers, those who have told me not to buy would be first in line.

I have a real hard time with corporate criminals. I for one would like to see some of these executives out of their air conditioned offices and on the front line helping to fix the mess they are responsible for - if nothing else they would have more an appreciation for what they have done and the efforts the "real people" have to go through everyday. Really makes you wander with all the rigs in all the oceans just how prepared these companies really are/aren't to take care of the problems they are responsible for.

Can only hope that "we the people" are given a little more consideration the next time a company wants to sacrifice safety (and good old common sense) for the sake of short term profits.

I am sure deep down BP Executives will feel they are the victims in all this - we should encourage them to move to the gulf and take up fishing.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...na_shores.html

Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 PM
advanced builder

The sweetness of a cheap price, has turned to bitterness over poor workmanship
Abbott = dick Chaney costello = halbriter
Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 PM
BUDMAN27

watching it live via BP video streeming live. All I can see is some big gizmo with alot of parts on it. I beleave they are trying to pump alot of mud in it right now. Hope it works. Even though the damage has allready been done. See you Friday presadent Oboma.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:21 AM
BUDMAN27

Sorry it,s Obama.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:52 AM
amax

Yea so much for State Of The Art Safety Measures,,LOL. All it took was 1 Idiot MANAGER siting in an orifice somewhere Griping about how long it was taking to get the Deepest well they had ever dug Finished, to Screw the Whole Thing Up.

The part I find Completely Ridiculous is the Press and Republicans trying to blame the Current President for the problem. The states that have been Making Billions off Oil Drilling in their waters have been doing it For Decades, Long before Obama was ever heard of. I personally would have to blame the Administrations of the past for the Breakdown in Safety Regulations and their Enforcement. If they want to blame a Politician they should Look A Lot Closer To Home. The states that have oil drilling off their coast should of had a contention plane In Place DECADES Ago in the case that something like this happened,, But instead they acted like This Could NEVER Happen, and Spent The Money Somewhere Else. So now Our Tax Dollars have to go to cleaning up a mess They have been getting rich off of for Years. Now the states Around Those States have to Spend money We Don't have to clean Their Mess off Our Coast.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:11 PM
BUDMAN27

Just herd Top Kill is not working. T Boon Pickens said on Larry King Live that the only thing that is going to work is the releaf wells. I geuss all this crap they are doing now is just a dog and ponny show. I will be the first to tell you that I,m a nobody and I know nothing about this stuff ,but I do know there are a lot of our fellow Americans down there in Louisana suffering because of this. All we can do now is pray for them.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:12 PM
BUDMAN27

I think the news person was wrong ,but I herd them say the people rakeing up the oil tarballs are making 3000 dallars a day. Jesus what the hek am I doing here I need to get myself down to the oil spill area.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:19 PM
freakingfast

I know for a fact of two companies, that if they combined their forces of engineering and manufacturing abilities could engineer test and deliver inside a week, a "clamp-on cutoff device" that will work in over mile deep water. The problem is, I know how they think. Both currently butter their bread with contracts for equipment for the world oil industry and don't want to burn bridges and get locked out of the industry forever with any potential embarrassment . So it's shut up and stay out of it unless asked. Simply business politics.[&o]
Old 05-31-2010, 06:52 PM
BUDMAN27

If what you are saying is true . You need to tell the news people so thay can exspose these money hungry companies. These people cleaning up the oil today are making money .but what about next year and all the years after that. How is going to eat fish with oil in its body ?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:54 PM
BUDMAN27

sorry I meant who is going to eat fish with crude oil in ti,s body.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

What they need is a big-ass pair of Vice Grips, pinch it off like a brake line! Relief wells will be a joke also as you're still fighting against the pressure of the earth.

I'm waiting for a joke of a cleanup like what done with the Exxon Valdez, wiping off rocks and pelicans with paper towels. That was all for the media.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 AM
BUDMAN27

My mother allways said something good comes from when something bad happens. What that means in this case I don,t know. I geuss we just have to wait and see.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:24 AM
BUDMAN27

Look out Florida. It,s coming your way. Don,t feel bad I guess when the wend chainges durextion my little island of Galveston will be next. []
Old 06-04-2010, 04:14 PM
advanced builder

Man , It's like I hate to even turn on the TV. I have stopped watching the news this summer. I Get what I want from the internet.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Justaddwata

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Man , It's like I hate to even turn on the TV. I have stopped watching the news this summer. I Get what I want from the internet.
I have not watched a news program or read a paper in 10 years or more. It is more about entertainment and revenue than actual events - especially world news - it is a joke in the US.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:01 PM
rcguy1411

[link]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1258/baseball_bird/[/link]i rembet a few years ago a baseball player killed a seagull tha flew aacross home plate he was chaarged and fined for killing a protected bird think it was like 10 grand bp should be charger the same fo every aanimal that dies because of this
Old 06-05-2010, 07:36 PM
BUDMAN27

O they will don,t worry they will. Thats not the prob. The prob. is that they have more money than most of us will ever have so they think it,s just a speed bumb in the road. By the way can those 11 men have thier life back Mr. 12000 dollars a day CEO of BP ?
Old 06-06-2010, 04:28 AM
1/16 Scale Cat

I got this joke off the simpsons... I heard that Afganistan got the most deadly wepon. The gulf oil spill.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:18 PM
seth41223

Bp sould go out of bissenise they think thise is a joke from what I herd
Old 06-10-2010, 03:39 PM
BUDMAN27

The English people have sufferd alot in the past and I wish them no bad in the futer. Being that I am part American Indain I know a little about Oprestion. I pray that those who need to be punish will be and those who have nothing to do with this accadent will be spared.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Tjettzky

It doesn't matter how much they are going to get sued for. The oil companies will just jack up the prices at the pump and we'll be footing their legal bills.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:11 AM
new2rcboating

Hi Guy's N Gal's ,

Why is that American movies that Feature GOD always seem to use an Englishman as " The Great Almighty " , The English screwed over our Mates in South Africa , Used Indians as slaves in Fiji to plant their crops , not to mention the devastation that they have caused here in Australia to the native population . If you don't know what "BP" stands for , it is an abbreviation , i assure that it stand for " Brotherhood of Pilocks " Pilock = Idiot in the U.K . As for the damage they have caused in the Gulf in the U.S , sue their pants off , two things " BP'S " don't like showers & losing money "

Brad ,
Broken Hill , Australia .
Old 06-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Justaddwata

This is an interesting perspective - link shows spill scale in your neighborhood - http://www.ifitwasmyhome.com
Old 06-19-2010, 06:31 AM
BUDMAN27

No oil over Galveston YET

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.