Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

Your best and worst RC experiences (formerly :- idiots annoy me)

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Your best and worst RC experiences (formerly :- idiots annoy me)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 02:37 AM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your best and worst RC experiences (formerly :- idiots annoy me)

On the same day, had both the worst and best time of running boats. We were planning a day playing around at a "county park" that allowed powered boats, but no wake allowed. It was only around 5 acres, so how fast can a real boat get to before having to shut down.. Also, no swimming allowed due to the run off from the golf course (park rules [:'(] ). Anyway, we get there early. Got the boats and equipment layed out on the grass. We didn't start to run yet as we were waiting on friends to show up. About 15 mins after getting the stuff out, couple older teenagers pulled in. They started to fish, walking up and down the shore. Friend showed up and we started to run boats. 1/2 hour later, these teenagers ( I'm trying to be nice ) come up and start to complain how loud our boats are, scaring the fish away, how they were there first, blah blah blah. I did remind them that I had my stuff out before they showed up. That pissed them off! They finally left.. About 45 mins later, another gent came up, carrying a 5 gallon bucket and casting out. Kept coming nearer and nearer.. When he was close enough, I walked over and explained the two members of the "ID 10 T" crowd above. He stated that he loves it when we show up as he catches the biggest fish. In the bucket, a 4.5lb bass. [8D]

Used to bring a Hot Shot Sprint 3.5 around that was strickly a "play" boat. When someone asks to run one, that would be the boat. I only allowed a select few to run this play boat. This would be after talking to them how it all works. What other way can we get newbies into the hobby without them getting wet??
Old 09-25-2010, 11:52 PM
wannagofast115

Im new to boating only been doing it now for about a year maybe and only have had 4 boats total. My worst expierence was with my second boat a whhobbies team pro loved the boat perfect for me a beginner never gave me a problem. I had just baught my 3rd boat a ballantine apache just the hull and was super excited about building it. But I am in school and dont have the extra funds to build so i decided to sell or trade the team pro for motor and misc. things i needed to get the apache going. So I ran into this guy online that says his cousin builds these blata motors fully modded and i know how much they cost so he says lets make a trade so i say sure. My first mistake is that he lives in cali and im in FL. So I ship my boat out to him he gets it in about a week gives me a tracking number for the motor. A week goes by nothing i check the tracking number its a fake i call email and he keeps assuring me its on its way. After back and forth for about a month i finally gave up and relized i made a huge mistake and lost my boat and the poetnal funds for my build. I will never trade again unless its in person and will never ship anything anymore until i get payment first. It sucks you cant trust people and that really discourged me from this hobby for a while. Although some people in this hobby are really nice and like to help people get into the hobby and on the water. I ended up making a trade with a member local and he help me to get everything i needed to get a 57" apache running and on the water and for that I thank him alot. Im enjoying rc boats once more.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd like to know who the person is who ripped you off as I've been seeing quite a few lately from all over the place. You can PM me the name if you wish to keep it otherwise undisclosed.

Some of my best had another one added to the list.
As some of you know, I went to the Indy MBC's now 2nd annual Hobart Masters race in Indiana. There are so many things that put it right up there. First off, I did OK but not as well as I had hoped but I kept my expectations low. This is one of those events where it isn't just about the racing but the people. I got to meet people that normally I never would and run against some of the best around. I got to race against one of what I feel is one of the best people around in the hobby/ sport and a mentor to a lot of us, John Finch. His books are the RC boaters Bible to me as I learned a lot from them when I got back into boats and before I got a computer. It wasn't about the racers either as the city of Hobart has some of the nicest people around! Holding a race in the middle of town instead of some site way out in the country brings the people in. I talked ot a lot of them and gladly answered any question asked of me, many which we've all heard a lot. The city threw a party for the racers and the citizens treated us like rock stars! The racing was great and all of the racers behaved themselves. OK, nights at the motel were another story as we got a little crazy there but no TV's were thrown out of the windows. Some of that I can't type about in public.
Yes, I'll be back next September, hopefully bringing more to the table.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:37 PM
apache 1

That is the worst. To ship off your boat and wait for an engine that never comes is horrible. I got this picture of your boat and your engine being enjoyed by some clown in Cal. Makes me sick to think he planned it all along. How many 65in Ballantines with a Blata can there be in that state. People should keep their eye out for this.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm working on a deal right now with wannagofast on 2 Sikk's sitting on the sidelines. They're not Blata's but they run fine and he'll get them.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:36 PM
apache 1

Oops, I misread that. He shipped the team-pro not the ballantine. That will make three sikks for wannagofast.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:05 PM
rcguy1411

i had a few of my boats out a few weeks ago and someone asked if they could drive one i decided to let him try my TC 31 he got pissed at me and said he would only drive my 57 " Apache with my MHZ S6 and i politly told him no when he asked why not i said because it cost to much if somthing broke he said its only money i politly said give me $ 1500.00 and i through in a gallon of gas and you can drive it all day long as its only money it shouldent be a problem for you
as for the good day i was having carb trouble with my Apache and it died on the water 4 or 5 time well i thought i would have to get wet (water is only three feet deep) and a nice guy said he would get it for me as he wanted to cool off he ended up in the water more than the boat did told him that i was greatfull for his help he told me he got a kick out of watching my boats blast around