RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-boats-471/)
-   -   Something VERY true I read on another forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-boats-471/5648540-something-very-true-i-read-another-forum.html)

TERBObob 04-01-2007 10:55 AM

Something VERY true I read on another forum

Credit goes to FASTAT for posting this . This is on another forum , and thought that it would be good to post here as well . ( actually , the ENTIRE thread over there should be read - with the exception of the last input . ALL very true and something for BOTH young and OLD to think about )

http://p086.ezboard.com/Us-old-folks...cID=2744.topic

( BTW - truer words were never spoken )

Just something to think about .[&o]

DRUG PROBLEM ANSWER

The other day, someone at a store in our
town read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he
asked me a rhetorical question, ''Why didn't we have
a drug problem when you and I were growing up?''
I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young:

I was drug to church on Sunday morning.
I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.

I was drug to family reunions and
community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was
disrespectful to adults.

I was also drug to the woodshed when I
disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad
report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill
of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put
forth my best effort in everything that was asked of
me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have
my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a
profanity.
I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's
garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's
fields.

I was drug to the homes of family,
friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul
who had no one to mow the yard, repair the
clothesline, or chop some firewood; and, if my
mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a
tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back
to the woodshed.

Those drugs are still in my veins and
they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and
think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or
heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of
drug problem, America would be a better place.

God bless the parents who drugged us.

fastguy 04-02-2007 02:29 AM

RE: Something VERY true I read on another forum

i think he means draged and whipped[:o]

Quicksilver1 04-05-2007 07:35 PM

RE: Something VERY true I read on another forum

that's pretty funny and I agree it is true. Makes you think, now a days we dont make kids do anything and they dont know it but they want to do those things. So they get bored and do drugs, instead of being drug.

On another note, do we really have a drug problem or do we have a problem with outlawing and banning them so hard that kids do stupid things, like sniff glue and resorting to meth. I was a child of the DARE program, which if you didnt know was a program to teach kids at a very young age to get interested in doing drugs. Kinda funny how that worked out. I wasnt a perfect kid, but my anti drug has and probably will always be hobbies like this one, unfortunately I gave up my hobbies for 10 yrs or so. Needless to say, I'm back. I plan on being the biggest nerd of a father, that encourages spending large amounts of money on toys instead of pot. bah, I hope this doesnt get edited out, I mean this in the most positive and anti-drug terms, but I believe drugs are not and will never be the actual problem.....which really is called boredom/bad parenting.

p.s. If this country worked like a positive and moral society, we could have crack vending machines and no one would ever drop in a dime in it. You cannot rid the world of drugs, only rid the world of the apparent need to do them.