RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-boats-471/)
-   -   Who's going to the Toledo show? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-boats-471/5684148-whos-going-toledo-show.html)

Ron Olson 04-08-2007 01:21 PM

Who's going to the Toledo show?

Yes, I know that it's not really much of a show for boaters but it's about all that we have here in the midwest. I still try to hit it every year when possible as they still have a lot of things that we can use in our boats. It's also good for those that are into more than boating.
I'll be there on Saturday and we meet up with a lot of members of this site and others to talk and meet each other in person. I'll be wearing my black RCU polo shirt and have at least my son along for pack mule duty. We meet up at the boat competition display area at noon but if you see me there, stop and introduce yourself! I'm bringing two cameras along to take shots for the site and videos if there is anything cool to shoot.
While you're there, look for Grimracer working the Tower/Hobbico/Aquacraft booth.

CadillacDTS2001 04-08-2007 02:34 PM

RE: Who's going to the Toledo show?

umm did you not have one of these post allready.
LOL
i'm going. i know i have been bugging you about it. and i will see you at packos restaurant for some deep fried pickles[:'(]

BUDMAN27 04-13-2007 12:07 AM

I know I would love to go but can,t because of other obligations in life. Oh well have fun for me anyway. If you happen to see my good friend Randy Ritch of Ritches Brew there tell him Hay for me. ;)

Ron Olson 04-13-2007 12:16 AM

I just might see him as I stop by their booth just about every year. I'm going to be looking for some low nitro fuel and he usually has great prices.
This year I'll grow a brain and wait until I'm ready to leave to buy fuel from him. Carrying fuel around all day gets to you after a few hours!

fastguy 04-13-2007 06:02 PM

:D lol nitro fuel smells ucky it gives me a headace ![:'(]

Ron Olson 04-15-2007 10:35 AM

Well, fastguy, even if you could have made the show, you wouldn't have to complain about the smell of the fuel. It seems like someone or the Fire Marshal doesn't like nitro either as the dealers were banned from selling the fuel inside the SeaGate. I'm guessing that they weren't too happy about renting large booth spaces then only having a table plus a couple of chairs. They were selling it but you had to go outside to pick it up. I see 3 more booths available next year.
There is some coverage up in The Clubhouse forum that John is doing. I only ran into one other Mod yesterday and that was RC Ken busy doing video interviews.
Taylor Shaw a.k.a. eyekandy was there with a boat entered in the competition plus met up with a few other members of this site. Grimracer was not only in the Tower Hobbies/OS/Futaba/Aquacraft booth but had a very nice boat entered.
I've got a few shots and a video: http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/floatsfast/

edmkills 04-16-2007 04:07 AM

thanx for sharing the pics Ron, that flame job on the plane is awesome.

CadillacDTS2001 04-16-2007 04:16 PM

I just got back.
the show was great.
Jack Kipferd as usual got first in the pleasure boat class. and Derek Osborn got second with his miss Canada
and the Pay and Pak "out rigger" received first in competition boats as well.
it was a very good show. As Ron mentioned the nitro fuel guys were a little PO'd

fastguy 04-16-2007 06:44 PM

i used to have some nitro stuff i used to actually like it:D now i cant stand it [:@][:'(]

did any body go to the rcx rc expo ?

thier was only a small little pond the small slow boats couldnt even go on plane !:eek:

i only saw 1 gas boat :eek:
also they had an indoor nitro buggy track [X(] i walked by it and i got sick and therw up ! [:'(] well i like those fg cars im thinking about getting one this summer :D

Ron Olson 04-16-2007 07:06 PM

From what I saw of RCX, it was a disappointment with a very low turnout. If you were a car or truck person you might have liked it.
The boats were cheap almost less than hobby quality from what I saw and yes, the pons wasn't very big either.

fastguy 04-16-2007 07:09 PM

did you go? 3 years ago it was cool [rcx] now it is cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars cars

sorry for spamming:D

Ron Olson 04-16-2007 07:38 PM

RCX was supposed to put on a show in Chicago a couple of years ago but it was cancelled at the last minute, almost literally. A lot of people drove to McCormick Place to find out the hard way. They still have the iHobby show at what used to be the Rosemont Horizon that used to be the RCHTA show. You could throw Toledo and RCX in that place and still have room left it's that big. I didn't believe it until I went there, one room alone is the size of 9 Football fields! We spent 4-1/2 hours in there and skipped half of the show because they have just more than R/C, they have what most well-stocked hobby shops carry from board games to trains and slot cars.
RCX also seems to have too many space fillers like custom cars. If I want ot see those I can drive about 2 miles away to the Street Rod Nationals North, not to an R/C show.

joseywales 04-16-2007 11:07 PM

Me and Misshydro didnt make it because We was in a bad car accident!:( Some dummy blew the red light and took the front nose of my car right off and spun the car two times around!I'd have dumps and bruses but Misshydro is in serious condition,she got the worst end of it.She went under two operations.She had fluid build up in her brain and two broken ribs in one of the ribs puncherd her splean.She might be home by sat?

Justaddwata 04-16-2007 11:48 PM

Terrible news. Hope all is better soon for both you and MissHydro

edmkills 04-17-2007 02:08 AM

What Matt said. MissHydro I hope you have a speedy return to good health just like your blueangle.