RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-boats-471/)
-   -   Earth chase hydro smashed by ship...! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-boats-471/9400786-earth-chase-hydro-smashed-ship.html)

misshydro 01-09-2010 08:39 AM

Earth chase hydro smashed by ship...!

1 Attachment(s)
Just saw this morning on MSN.. man I did really love that cool looking hydro..This was a exparmental hydro that was built for the earth chase,that built for speed and I think unsinkable too?..its a shame that this happened..[link]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34722032/ns/world_news-world_environment/?gt1=43001[/link] Just saw the video! what a bumch or morronits bummies.. To try to stop a big ship is stupied!! They should be slaped for it too,to but humans live in danger!!!!here the youtube video of it..plus wrecked a awsom hydro too..[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z0diQocPLE[/link]

Ron Olson 01-12-2010 01:21 AM

RE: Earth chase hydro smashed by ship...!

Yeah, I saw your thread on it over on IW and it became a mess. I hope that this one doesn't turn out the same way.
No, the offshore racer did not try to stop the whaling ship but the whaler did run over a boat that didn't belong out there in the first place. Yes, the whaler did deliberately run over the race boat. Open seas, things happen. One crazy ship's captain and a radical vigilante in a losing battle. There may be a lot more to this story that what we know or it was spun out of control by whoever's side is telling it.
This thread could be construed as a political thread so it might go bye-bye; site rules ya know.

misshydro 01-12-2010 01:32 AM

ah its alright at waters site.. most are on the same side about this.. theres another video of it and aby gil was moving into the ship.. look at the video,and look at the rear transom,you can see the prop wash picked wright up as they were going into the ship...acompletely stupied move on there part..not worth wrecking a 2millions dollars hydro..I bet Bob Barker isnt to happy with them eighter...He's donated 5 million dollars to them to help by that hydro....now they just polluted to ocean with oil and 3000 gallons of disel fuel sitting on the bottom of the ocean...read up on that hydro.. it hold 3000 gallons of fuel..

Ron Olson 06-28-2010 09:01 AM

Some speed if it couldn't get out of the way of a whaling ship! :D
They've got some show on Animal Planet about Whaling Wars and showed the Aby Gil and the Bob Barker chasing down a whaling boat. Bob should have stayed with getting pets spayed and neutered and beating up Happy Gilmore!

misshydro 06-28-2010 10:56 AM

Ok I've been watching the wale war show. As from what I seen so far that ship is ran by some kind of miltary or somthing like that. That ship been chasing the steve irrian away from the main waling fleet... After seeing this show I'm pretty upset with japan with over killing to many wales. Wales arent like fish. They dont hatch and mutiply fast or even grow fast. If Japan doesnt stop this we wont see anymore wales!! There building a new ady gil.. Should make that out of alum since there in the cold icy waters.

Justaddwata 06-28-2010 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: misshydro

Ok I've been watching the wale war show. As from what I seen so far that ship is ran by some kind of miltary or somthing like that. That ship been chasing the steve irrian away from the main waling fleet... After seeing this show I'm pretty upset with japan with over killing to many wales. Wales arent like fish. They dont hatch and mutiply fast or even grow fast. If Japan doesnt stop this we wont see anymore wales!! There building a new ady gil.. Should make that out of alum since there in the cold icy waters.
Thing so many overlook - The US hunts/kills whales ;) As do Norway, Iceland, Indonesia, Russia, and Canada.

I dont agree with whaling but also dont support piracy or eco terrorism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eco-Terrorism). Out of curiosity - if a US flagged/government ship were being harassed in international waters by a protest vessel that was pelting it with chemicals, nuts and bolts, trying to foul its prop, and boarding it without permission - what would the response be??

Sea Shepard seem to think any publicity is good publicity. They are not effective in preventing any whale from being harmed - but they love having drama on board for the cameras/ratings.

misshydro 06-28-2010 02:51 PM

not as much as japan does... Think US got away from wale hunting...as for calling them eco terrist?? Well No goverment has the ba**s to laydown the law agaist the walers. So sombody had to do somthing since goverment are chicken sh** to do anthing.

Justaddwata 06-28-2010 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: misshydro

not as much as Japan does... Think US got away from whale hunting...as for calling them eco-terrorist?? Well No government has the ba**s to lay down the law against the whalers. So somebody had to do something since government are chicken to do anything.

Australian opposition

Due to the proximity to Australia the government of Australia has been particularly vocal in its opposition to Japan's whaling activity in the Southern Pacific. In 1994, Australia claimed a 200-nautical-mile (370 km) exclusive economic zone (EEZ) around the Australian Antarctic Territory, which also includes a southerly portion of the IWC Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary. In December 2007, the Rudd government announced plans to monitor Japanese whalers about to enter Australian waters in order to gather evidence for a possible international legal challenge[122][123][124][125] and on January 8, 2008 the Australian government sent the Australian customs vessel Oceanic Viking to track and monitor the fleet.[126] Although this vessel was later redeployed on customs-related business to waters north of Australia, as of January 2010, it is not in pursuit of the Japanese whaling fleet.

In late 2009, the Prime Minister of Australia restated official objections to Japan's whaling programs and threatened to take legal action through international courts.[127][128]

Well, if we cannot resolve this matter diplomatically, will take international legal action. I'm serious about it, I would prefer to deal with it diplomatically, but if we cannot get there, that's the alternative course of action. [127]

Australian PM Kevin Rudd, 2009
On 28 May 2010, the Australian Government publicly announced that it would lodge formal proceedings against Japan in the International Court of Justice in The Hague the following week. A joint ministerial statement said the government “has not taken this decision lightly”. In an Australian election year, this meets a key election pledge from 2007.

Ron Olson 06-28-2010 11:54 PM

I've got to agree with Matt as to who the bad guys are. I see a ship of wet behind the ears kids with some kind of idealistic dreams while at the same time terrorizing ships that are doing what is legal to them in open waters. Whales really aren't good for anything any more so it does makes me wonder why they are harvested. Can't eat them, their fat used to be used for oil and we don't need that. Their puke is about the only thing useful if you want to get down to it as it's used in expensive perfumes.
The next time that you eat leg of lamb, veal or eggs, really think of what you're eating!
In case you're wondering, I'm not pro-whaling, just looking at both sides openly.

Justaddwata 06-29-2010 03:29 AM

Due to its low food self-sufficiency rate, around 40%, Japan relies on stockpiling to secure a stable food supply.[144] As of 2009, Japan's 1.2 million ton seafood stockpile included nearly 5000 tons of whale meat.[145] Japan has started to serve whale meat in school lunches as part of a government initiative to reduce the amounts.[146] However, there has been criticism of serving whale meat to school children due to allegations of toxic methyl mercury levels.[147] The World Wildlife Fund has also estimated that the Japanese government has had to invest $12 million into the 2008-09 Antarctic whale hunt alone just to break even, and that subsidies in total have amounted to approximately $150 million since 1988.[148]
Interesting to note Whale Wars: It's not about whales. It's about 42 crazy die-hards with a mission. (A quote from the Whale Wars/Seashepard website itself) It's not about whales??? [sm=50_50.gif]

misshydro 07-11-2010 10:04 PM

well nobody wont do anything to stop the japs in killing to many whales... Ok next friday at 9:00pm will show the ady gil getting hit on animal planet...