Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Time to make the Wife happy...

Old 08-02-2011, 07:06 PM
hands without shadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Time to make the Wife happy...

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

mike31...I don't need to get her a job...she already has one that she got all by herself...in addition the 'other' full-time job of motherhood. [:-]

What I need to find her is a good, reliable and SAFE daily commuter that can handle the extremes of the Middle East and have plenty of room to accomodate her and our kids' needs.
60 Series Landcruiser Troopy (RV, hightop, or whatever they are called). Lasts forever, safe(ish), built to handle anything, and you can fit the whole soccer team inside.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:07 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

A Zenoah won't get her very far.
it will if ya put it in a scooter
Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 AM
tommygun32

I'd take a picture of her new car, but it's dark right now. Hopefully I'll remember to take a pic tomorrow.

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

mike31...I don't need to get her a job...she already has one that she got all by herself...in addition the 'other' full-time job of motherhood. [:-]

What I need to find her is a good, reliable and SAFE daily commuter that can handle the extremes of the Middle East and have plenty of room to accomodate her and our kids' needs.
60 Series Landcruiser Troopy (RV, hightop, or whatever they are called). Lasts forever, safe(ish), built to handle anything, and you can fit the whole soccer team inside.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:21 PM
hands without shadows

Hope its not a Troopy, cause you'd be heading for divorce. What a terrible vehicle for most females.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 AM
hpiracr28

If you plan on keeping it for any significant length of time you DO NOT WANT A HYUNDAI for ANY REASON.

Once it's 2 years old or has 30k miles on it ditch it.
Whoah manlolI got a 2001 Hyundai Accent. Just hit 101,000 miles. Hasn't skipped a beat. Plus the new hyundais come with a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. the sonata TT's are pretty fancy and quick as well.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Nitroaddicted

ORIGINAL: hpiracr28

If you plan on keeping it for any significant length of time you DO NOT WANT A HYUNDAI for ANY REASON.

Whoah manlolI got a 2001 Hyundai Accent. Just hit 101,000 miles. Hasn't skipped a beat. Plus the new hyundais come with a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. the sonata TT's are pretty fancy and quick as well.
Hyundai creates ugly cars...
Old 08-23-2011, 08:55 AM
hpiracr28

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddicted

Hyundai creates ugly cars...
I'm not gonna lie, the accent is kind of an ugly little hatch, but a little spraypaint helps the appearance. Plus 43mpg and $30 to fill it makes me forget about how it looks lol.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:19 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Whoah man lol I got a 2001 Hyundai Accent. Just hit 101,000 miles. Hasn't skipped a beat. Plus the new hyundais come with a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. the sonata TT's are pretty fancy and quick as well.
101,000 whole miles on a ten year old car...wow...that's a lot.

For a Hyundai[&:]

Just because the car has survived into the six digit odometer reading does not mean it's held up well or anything. The car probably shakes like Michael J Fox at idle until 4 grand, rides like crap, and needs a lot of work.

Sorry bud, just expressing ThunderbirdJunkie's experiences working on many, many cars and getting paid to do so as his job. You know...job...primary source of income...that sorta thing.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:25 PM
hpiracr28

Just because the car has survived into the six digit odometer reading does not mean it's held up well or anything. The car probably shakes like Michael J Fox at idle until 4 grand, rides like crap, and needs a lot of work.

Sorry bud, just expressing ThunderbirdJunkie's experiences working on many, many cars and getting paid to do so as his job. You know...job...primary source of income...that sorta thing.
well i'll have you know this car needs nothing at all. doesnt shake throughout any of the rpm range, and rides great. oh and dont worry i have a primary source of income. its called Nucor Steel is my company. look it up. 6th largest cold formed steel producer in north america.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Nitroaddicted

well i'll have you know this car needs nothing at all. doesnt shake throughout any of the rpm range, and rides great. oh and dont worry i have a primary source of income. its called Nucor Steel is my company. look it up. 6th largest cold formed steel producer in north america.

Its YOUR company?
Old 08-23-2011, 03:42 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Whoah man lol I got a 2001 Hyundai Accent. Just hit 101,000 miles. Hasn't skipped a beat. Plus the new hyundais come with a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. the sonata TT's are pretty fancy and quick as well.

ThunderbirdJunkie was referring more to his experience as a mechanic and dealing with Hyundais on a regular basis, he wasn't saying you don't have a job

At any rate "Just fine" for you with your car probably is the same as "just fine" with your hobbywing electronics recommendations, in that they perform the basic function necessary and nothing more.

Stop getting butthurt over a nearly year-old post that was a blanket statement. Good lord.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:29 PM
tommygun32

Back on topic gents....

Here's what made her very happy....

Hyundai Tucson. Top of the range, leather, electrics, 2 sun roofs, key less start, cruise, blah, blah, blah...[&:]

Her choice as well, after a long and exhaustive search. Got it at dealer price through my sis-in-law's work. She runs a hire car / fleet management company, so she gets her cars on a serious discount.

Dropped half down and in about 3 more months it'll be paid for...but still under warranty.

I've driven it on a number of occasions and it's comfortable, smooth and stable.

Doesn't have near the same 'pick up and go' as my Pathfinder, but that's not what floats her boat. Fits the kids comfortably as well as whatever else she needs to drag around....and to come full circle here....it made (and still makes) her happy...[8D]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu63906.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1652882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93518.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1652883  
Old 08-24-2011, 03:01 AM
hpiracr28

ThunderbirdJunkie was referring more to his experience as a mechanic and dealing with Hyundais on a regular basis, he wasn't saying you don't have a job

At any rate "Just fine" for you with your car probably is the same as "just fine" with your hobbywing electronics recommendations, in that they perform the basic function necessary and nothing more.

Stop getting butthurt over a nearly year-old post that was a blanket statement. Good lord.
All cars are different. depends on the owner and how often routine maintainence is done. My hyundaiIS just fine with me. Would i like more? of course. who doesnt want more out of a car. But mommy and daddy didnt buy me a bmw so im stuck with what i could afford. and im not saying your parents bought your first car. you prob earned it. mechanics make good money. I just defend cars. A lot of cars people talk crap about cause they've been in shops so many times. have they once looked at the owners? mos likely not. Oh yea and fyi, i have no tever recommended hobbywing electronics lol. i have never even seen them or researched them lol. i stick with good quality.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:50 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well...a new BMW X3 or X5 will cost you between $45,000-$65,000 depending on model and trim. A new Tuscon will cost you between $25,000-$30,000. I say make your wife happy and get her the Hyundai. And do it quick before she drives the BMW, Audi or the Lexus and changes her mind!LOL!