Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Time to make the Wife happy...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Mustang1971
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Time to make the Wife happy...

No first hand experience here but I had a friend with one whose tranny failed with rather low miles (sub 50k). they went in expecting to have it repaired under warranty but since they had not followed and documented the mfr. recommended maintenance schedule they were sent off into the cold!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Get a divorce, it's cheaper and you can fly more.

Hey, worked for me.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:56 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

So how do they offer those 100k miles warranty? I have never owned one of those, but just curious, if they are really that bad like you guys say...
It's only a 100k mile powertrain warranty. Everything ELSE goes to pot at 30-40k miles.
ORIGINAL: CowboyLifesaver

Hey, worked for me.
This post has nothing to do with the remote operation of model automobiles.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many Hyundai bashers actuall own one? While I woudn't drive a Tuscon (the ride is harsh), I'd own a Hyundai Santa Fe in a heartbeat if I didn't get an new 07 leftover Grand Cherokee Diesel last year. The mercedes benz diesel in the Grand Cherokee won me over (its quiet, 24-26mpg on highway, 7400 lb towing, its fast (turbo diesel), and will easily last me 300k). There is nothing wrong with Hyundai, just too many folks bashing this company because it is Korean. Yes, i've owned a Hyundai in Korea a while ago. It was very reliable and never failed me in brutal driving conditions in Korea.

"Leading German automotive magazine Auto Bild has awarded Hyundai the top position in the Auto Bild Quality Report 2010. Beating all other manufacturers, including Toyota and renowned German brands BMW and Audi, Hyundai took the prestigious honor based on a comprehensive analysis of reliability, long-term quality and customer satisfaction. As one of the world’s most respected industry quality surveys, the Auto Bild Quality Report 2010 award further demonstrates the gains Hyundai has made in consistently improving the quality of its products, services and customer support."

" Hyundai quality improves. J.D. Power and Associates ranks Hyundai 4th in its 2009 Initial Quality Study!

According to the 2009 IQS -Initial Quality Study, Hyundai brand has made a come back and took the fourth spot in the latest quality survey released by renowned J.D. Power and Associates. The Korean car maker has jumped from 13th position achieved in 2008 to fourth in 2009, right behind the top three automakers: Lexus, Porsche and Cadillac.

The annual J.D. Power and Associates quality study measures IQS based on problems reported per 100 vehicles (PP100). With 108 problems per 100 vehicle this year, the industry average has improved when compared to last year (118 problems per 100 vehicles in 2008).

As already mentioned, with only 95 problems per 100 vehicles, Hyundai has taken the fourth spot in the quality survey. Even more important is the fact that Korean largest automaker regained its number 1 status among non-luxury brands, beating Honda at fifth place and Toyota at seventh position. It has happened for the second time that Hyundai has finished among the top four most quality car brands. In 2006, Hyundai “landed†at third position.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:25 AM
tommygun32

Well, I have no interest in a divorce....marriage is at 14 years and going strong and happy with 2 kids. And she doesn't mind my once a week trip to the track most of the times.

I'm asking what you think about the Hyundai Tucson by the way.

ORIGINAL: CowboyLifesaver

Hey, worked for me.
mike31...I don't need to get her a job...she already has one that she got all by herself...in addition the 'other' full-time job of motherhood. [:-]

What I need to find her is a good, reliable and SAFE daily commuter that can handle the extremes of the Middle East and have plenty of room to accomodate her and our kids' needs.

I'll have a look at the Santa Fe as well as the Volvo and the Edge as well.

Thanks for the input guys, any other suggestions (within the guidelines of the original post) are highly appreciated.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:30 AM
IFR Pilot

I'm sorry, the word WIFE caught me.

I didn't think people still get married.

I thought females were FFA, ( Free For All )

Get her a BMW M5. The paddle shift and the M button are awesome. Forget about the cops, they don't stand a chance in hell.

I bought 1 on ebay a few weeks ago for 110k and it's awesome...
Old 10-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: Homebrewer

How many Hyundai bashers actuall own one? While I woudn't drive a Tuscon (the ride is harsh), I'd own a Hyundai Santa Fe in a heartbeat if I didn't get an new 07 leftover Grand Cherokee Diesel last year. The mercedes benz diesel in the Grand Cherokee won me over (its quiet, 24-26mpg on highway, 7400 lb towing, its fast (turbo diesel), and will easily last me 300k). There is nothing wrong with Hyundai, just too many folks bashing this company because it is Korean. Yes, i've owned a Hyundai in Korea a while ago. It was very reliable and never failed me in brutal driving conditions in Korea.

''Leading German automotive magazine Auto Bild has awarded Hyundai the top position in the Auto Bild Quality Report 2010. Beating all other manufacturers, including Toyota and renowned German brands BMW and Audi, Hyundai took the prestigious honor based on a comprehensive analysis of reliability, long-term quality and customer satisfaction. As one of the world’s most respected industry quality surveys, the Auto Bild Quality Report 2010 award further demonstrates the gains Hyundai has made in consistently improving the quality of its products, services and customer support.''

'' Hyundai quality improves. J.D. Power and Associates ranks Hyundai 4th in its 2009 Initial Quality Study!

According to the 2009 IQS -Initial Quality Study, Hyundai brand has made a come back and took the fourth spot in the latest quality survey released by renowned J.D. Power and Associates. The Korean car maker has jumped from 13th position achieved in 2008 to fourth in 2009, right behind the top three automakers: Lexus, Porsche and Cadillac.

The annual J.D. Power and Associates quality study measures IQS based on problems reported per 100 vehicles (PP100). With 108 problems per 100 vehicle this year, the industry average has improved when compared to last year (118 problems per 100 vehicles in 2008).

As already mentioned, with only 95 problems per 100 vehicles, Hyundai has taken the fourth spot in the quality survey. Even more important is the fact that Korean largest automaker regained its number 1 status among non-luxury brands, beating Honda at fifth place and Toyota at seventh position. It has happened for the second time that Hyundai has finished among the top four most quality car brands. In 2006, Hyundai “landed†at third position.
Dude I know a guy that used to own a hyundai something... He bought it brand new and two years later the car was falling apart. Bumpers, interior and countless other things. He drove it down 6000 ft and back up a mountain every day but it shouldnt really affect it that much. He even kept pretty good care of it. It got so bad at the end it was being held together with drywall screws.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:06 AM
IFR Pilot

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: Homebrewer

''Leading German automotive magazine Auto Bild has awarded Hyundai the top position in the Auto Bild Quality Report 2010. Beating all other manufacturers, including Toyota and renowned German brands BMW and Audi, Hyundai took the prestigious honor based on a comprehensive analysis of reliability, long-term quality and customer satisfaction. As one of the world’s most respected industry quality surveys, the Auto Bild Quality Report 2010 award further demonstrates the gains Hyundai has made in consistently improving the quality of its products, services and customer support.''

'' Hyundai quality improves. J.D. Power and Associates ranks Hyundai 4th in its 2009 Initial Quality Study!

As already mentioned, with only 95 problems per 100 vehicles, Hyundai has taken the fourth spot in the quality survey. Even more important is the fact that Korean largest automaker regained its number 1 status among non-luxury brands, beating Honda at fifth place and Toyota at seventh position. It has happened for the second time that Hyundai has finished among the top four most quality car brands. In 2006, Hyundai “landed” at third position.
Dude I know a guy that used to own a hyundai something... He bought it brand new and two years later the car was falling apart. Bumpers, interior and countless other things. He drove it down 6000 ft and back up a mountain every day but it shouldnt really affect it that much. He even kept pretty good care of it. It got so bad at the end it was being held together with drywall screws.
LOL...

Old 10-03-2010, 02:48 AM
tommygun32

LOL....the cops out here drive BMW's, Mercs, Nissan's and Chevy's bro...[:-]

Ebay in Dubai........I can only wish. But we do have other local sites I could hit up. Having said that, I prefer to buy new and not inherit someone else's possible headaches.

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

Get her a BMW M5. The paddle shift and the M button are awesome. Forget about the cops, they don't stand a chance in hell.

I bought 1 on ebay a few weeks ago for 110k and it's awesome...
Old 10-03-2010, 04:27 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

ORIGINAL: sheograth

She wants a Tucson!? Get the woman a 5 series or an E class. If she's dead set on getting an SUV get her a G class...
Get her a KIA and you'll be rid of her once and for all!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:24 AM
rk2648

Buy a moped , everybody will have to have one soon . Then spend the rest on a nice airplane.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: lee172

I dont know what it is about Hyundai, even the 'sporty' models bore me, but hey, this is about your wife's next car..

how about a BMW X3, or X1..?
Hi

Hey guy,s

Now this car rock,s ,................................................. ........ I know
Old 10-03-2010, 06:33 AM
tommygun32

Old 10-03-2010, 06:38 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what you get for asking advice on RCU Tommy.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:21 AM
LewAshby
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mustang1971

No first hand experience here but I had a friend with one whose tranny failed with rather low miles (sub 50k). they went in expecting to have it repaired under warranty but since they had not followed and documented the mfr. recommended maintenance schedule they were sent off into the cold!
That is against the law.

They cannot deny any warranty work for not following the recommended maintenance schedule.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:03 AM
DaveJohansen
My Feedback: (8)

My wife loves her Benz GL320. Comfort and safety all rolled into one package.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:48 AM
buggyboy2010

She'll know it's love when You get her this!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79059.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1510238  
Old 10-03-2010, 12:35 PM
tommygun32

LOL....as nice and clean as that model looks. sorry, however we don't believe in supporting inept and corrupt car designers/makers who try to become drug dealers to fund their businesses...[:-] in any way shape or form.[8D]

But I appreciate the thought.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:08 PM
buggyboy2010

LMAO.. Oh come on it's a "classic" none the less LOL..

My Uncle has A Mazda CX7, Not a bad vehicle at all if You like Mazda's. Almost looks like the Lexus model...

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

LOL....as nice and clean as that model looks. sorry, however we don't believe in supporting inept and corrupt car designers/makers who try to become drug dealers to fund their businesses...[:-] in any way shape or form.[8D]

But I appreciate the thought.

Name:	Yv66190.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1510283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86905.jpg
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1510284  
Old 10-03-2010, 01:59 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

I'm sorry, the word WIFE caught me.

I didn't think people still get married.

... yup, those were the days! LOL
Old 10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Name:	Pn38103.jpg
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1510301  
Old 10-03-2010, 02:02 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Chuck Finley

ORIGINAL: Mustang1971

That is against the law.

They cannot deny any warranty work for not following the recommended maintenance schedule.
No, it's not a recommended maintenance schedule, it's a required maintenance schedule. They can, will, and should deny any warranty on any part that has not been maintained properly.

50k miles is outside of the 3/36. 3/36 is the only bumper-to-bumper warranty any car will ever have, and whatever was wrong with it would have been fixed under the 10/100 powertrain warranty Hyundai has. Powertrain is basically engine and transmission only. Not radiator, not AC; engine itself and transmission itself and that's it.

Far too often people complain about poorly maintained cars being pieces of crap.

Then again, Hyundais ARE, but that's a whole nuther story
Old 10-03-2010, 02:06 PM
IFR Pilot

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

LOL....the cops out here drive BMW's, Mercs, Nissan's and Chevy's bro...[:-]

Ebay in Dubai........I can only wish. But we do have other local sites I could hit up. Having said that, I prefer to buy new and not inherit someone else's possible headaches.

Ebay doesn't just sell used cars, they also sell new cars like the 1 I bought. I purchased my BMW on the net so I didn't have to drive to the dealership and had it delivered to my door. I didn't realize you lived in rich Dubai, so much for running from the cops then, heeh... I thought you lived in broke America.

Happy shoping...

Old 10-03-2010, 02:07 PM
tommygun32

Thanks for the input vasek. Anything constructive to add to the OP?
Old 10-03-2010, 02:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Tommy, do you guys get Escapes over there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.