Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Time to make the Wife happy...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 03:50 PM
rcairflr
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Time to make the Wife happy...

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

So how do they offer those 100k miles warranty? I have never owned one of those, but just curious, if they are really that bad like you guys say...
\
I am not sure where everyone else is getting their opinion on Hyundais, but me and the wife have had ours for 8 years / 90K miles and haven't had
any problems and the engine run just as good as new. We have never had it in for anything other than new timing belt at 76000 miles. While
they were int there, they noticed the water pump had a small leak, so they replaced it for free.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:55 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every woman looks better in a 911 Turbo I'm sure she'll be happy if you get her this.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:56 PM
rcairflr
My Feedback: (44)

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Chuck Finley

ORIGINAL: Mustang1971

No first hand experience here but I had a friend with one whose tranny failed with rather low miles (sub 50k). they went in expecting to have it repaired under warranty but since they had not followed and documented the mfr. recommended maintenance schedule they were sent off into the cold!
That is against the law.

They cannot deny any warranty work for not following the recommended maintenance schedule.
No, it's not a recommended maintenance schedule, it's a required maintenance schedule. They can, will, and should deny any warranty on any part that has not been maintained properly.

50k miles is outside of the 3/36. 3/36 is the only bumper-to-bumper warranty any car will ever have, and whatever was wrong with it would have been fixed under the 10/100 powertrain warranty Hyundai has. Powertrain is basically engine and transmission only. Not radiator, not AC; engine itself and transmission itself and that's it.

Far too often people complain about poorly maintained cars being pieces of crap.

Then again, Hyundais ARE, but that's a whole nuther story

RCU is always full of mis-information. Hyundais bumper to bumper is 60k Miles or 5 years.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:03 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: rcairflr

RCU is always full of mis-information. Hyundais bumper to bumper is 60k Miles or 5 years.
Fed bumper to bumper is 3/36 and that is the only one that is enforceable by law. IF Hyundai were so inclined, they could say there is a 6/60, and simply not honor any warranty work past 3/36.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:59 PM
andybenton

i still say the ford Edge, very nice with the indash nav, and available with twin dvds in the rear headsets and wireless bose headphones for them. plus ford sync is pretty cool too.

used to work at a detail shop, spent alot of time around the luxery cars, for the price, and reliability, the edge is the way to go
Old 10-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Fs one

Just purchased new hyundai santa fe.Awesome vehicle great ride solid feel handles like a sport car.You can shift gears yourself or leave in auto.I have the sport model .Great power house 276hp v6.I have purchased 9 new domestic vehicles over my lifetime.Gm,ford chrysler.They are always going back to the shop for repairs.Finally i wisened up went over to the other side.Should have made the change years ago.I have owned it eight weeks now and have put on 5400kms.Hasn't been back to the shop for one thing.Every one i have spoken with loves theirs.Consumer report rates them highly for reliability.I did my homework over the last 3mths.Hello hyundai by the way if anybody gives you any slack for buying foreign they are built in greenville alabama.Make the change and see the difference.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:41 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I've driven the Santa Fe, it's not bad at all.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:42 PM
HJJFFFAA

Was it new?
Old 10-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Fs one

Yes it is brand new.I have talked to 21 individuals with this suv from 2002 to 2008 the said the have never had repairs just regular brakes & oil changes.My wife loves to drive it.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:05 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Give it 50,000 miles.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:09 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Chuck Finley

ORIGINAL: Mustang1971

No first hand experience here but I had a friend with one whose tranny failed with rather low miles (sub 50k). they went in expecting to have it repaired under warranty but since they had not followed and documented the mfr. recommended maintenance schedule they were sent off into the cold!
That is against the law.

They cannot deny any warranty work for not following the recommended maintenance schedule.
No, it's not a recommended maintenance schedule, it's a required maintenance schedule. They can, will, and should deny any warranty on any part that has not been maintained properly.

50k miles is outside of the 3/36. 3/36 is the only bumper-to-bumper warranty any car will ever have, and whatever was wrong with it would have been fixed under the 10/100 powertrain warranty Hyundai has. Powertrain is basically engine and transmission only. Not radiator, not AC; engine itself and transmission itself and that's it.

Far too often people complain about poorly maintained cars being pieces of crap.

Then again, Hyundais ARE, but that's a whole nuther story
not to mention that what specs are to replace due to poor workmanship and abnormal wear are HUGE! when you hear the sucker clunking down the road, put it on the lift and move the whole wheel up,down left and right, what you think is toast, they consider it within spec so they dont replace it. (suspension and brake parts)

powertrain is the least of your worries, today's cars (especially kia/hyundia) burn up brakes, tie rods, sway bar links and bearings within (or if korean before) 40K miles. tires on kia/hyundia eat stock tires in 25k miles.

i know its beating a dead horse about now, im sure you will avoid hyunDIE or Keep It Away's
Old 10-03-2010, 07:13 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Shark...what other people see and what we see are different things. Remember, Consumer Reports is king [&:]
Old 10-03-2010, 08:31 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

I owned an '04 Hyundai 3.5L XG350L. It was small, full of gimmicks that weren't really luxury items at all, and it got horrible gas mileage. I bought an extended warranty and needed it often. One fuel system problem kept it at the dealer for 3 weeks. I was so happy when a guy rear ended me and totaled it, I couldn't stop shaking his hand. I noticed his F-150 didn't have a single scratch on it. I drove immediately to a Ford dealer and for the last 4 years enjoyed 91,000 miles on my 5.4L F-150 truck, that gets the same gas mileage as the small Hyundai did. I've replaced the brake pads, tires, and battery in that period of time on the Ford. It's never let me down and feels as tight as the day I bought it. It tows my boats nicely, and carries my model airplanes of all sizes to the flying field. It has a back seat and 4 doors. I feel safer in it, with a class 3 hitch and aftermarket steel bumper awaiting impact from the next mindless driver coming at me in this retirement area.

As far as buying a wife a new car, that's your decision. I'm happily divorced myself. Since the divorce, I have remained completely debt free, paid off my mortgage in just 4 years, have all kinds of free time for myself, and kids. When the receipts are all counted, cooking and cleaning for myself, is a real bargain in this life compared to the old days of chasing surprise credit card bills. I hope she's worth it. Mine was worth a Pinto or AMC product from Craigslist.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1954986730.html
Old 10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: rambler53
Mine was worth a Pinto or AMC product from Craigslist.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1954986730.html
ThunderbirdJunkie likes that car.

Go buy it for him. He'll pick it up in 3 weeks
Old 10-03-2010, 08:49 PM
HJJFFFAA

thunderbirdjunkie better put something cool in it or hjj will kick him in the dangly round things.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 PM
oliveDrab

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

I'm sorry, the word WIFE caught me.

I didn't think people still get married.

I thought females were FFA, ( Free For All )

Get her a BMW M5. The paddle shift and the M button are awesome. Forget about the cops, they don't stand a chance in hell.

I bought 1 on ebay a few weeks ago for 110k and it's awesome...
I bought 2 and only paid $200k.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:55 PM
rambler53

Is she really pretty? Then get her this. ZR1. 650hp. Or the Shelby, next to it. Nah, nevermind, these are for the mistress.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23523.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1510646  
Old 10-03-2010, 09:06 PM
HJJFFFAA

I wouldn't buy those for a chick. Not even the one I have.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:13 PM
rambler53

I know, 6 speed stick. They can't handle manual transmissions. I was just going to the extreme, like getting any woman a BMW, or any new car for that matter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMLt28n0-M
Old 10-03-2010, 09:15 PM
HJJFFFAA

Yep, all women should drive cheap econoboxes.

Pic related, it's what my girlfriend drives. Because I told her to.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:21 PM
rambler53

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

Because I told her to.
Thank you very much. I thought I was alone.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38944.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	1510659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70662.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	1510660   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61565.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1510661  
Old 10-03-2010, 09:53 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

I have a couple buds who've bought Q7 Audis and love them. While they do scheduled maintenance, they are pretty hard on cars (use them at farm & vacation home). One had an Acura SUV, the other the Lexus. They both say the Audis hold up better. Also have an ex-sis-in-law who has put over 90K on a Santa Fe and has had zero problems. She also does the mx.
I had a Bravada AWD that my daughter and I both enjoyed, but at 120K it was starting to get niggling electrical problems. A freak lightning hit totaled it one night. Put a quarter-size hole in the windshield, hit the electronic dash & wiring. Smoldered for hours, when we opened the door the dash was a puddle on the floor. That car sold me on AWD here in Michigan, so I got an A6 Audi.
Hyundai has a unique approach to improvements. Unlike other (mostly US) mfgrs, they use owner input and ignore what the marketing & even engineering depts propose. They don't wait for a new-model year, they make changes ASAP. Toyota took 4 Hyundais from one model year apart, and found no two were exactly alike. Each had small, unique changes. I read somewhere that Hyundai was #4 in sales worldwide the last quarter 2008, displacing none other than Ford.
My 'plane hauler' is a 98 Grand Caravan I got from a bud after the Bravada. It has so many electrical problems I can no longer keep track, mainly due to running the wiring harness under the battery & attendant corrosion. When it dies, I'm thinking of a Santa Fe.
Good luck, tommy!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:33 PM
bomo

Buy a Chevy
Old 10-03-2010, 11:00 PM
rambler53

You mean the bankrupt company of dull styling, and divisions that closed left and right this year, that Chevy?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:03 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Chevy is a division, it's just one that didn't close [&:]

GM builds some damn fine automobiles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.