Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Our new Peacekeeper's

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 06:39 PM
elven wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our new Peacekeeper's

Are the lil green aliens protecting us from our ownselves.....

could they be protecting us from this

click - http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...ponsandifsowhy

Yahoo news - 10/6/10
Did UFOs Disarm Nuclear Weapons? And If So, Why?

At an unusual press conference recently held in Washington, D.C., a UFO author and a half-dozen or so former U.S. military airmen asserted that "The U.S. Air Force is lying about the national security implications of unidentified aerial objects at nuclear bases and we can prove it." They claim that since 1948, extraterrestrials in spaceships have not only been visiting Earth but hovering over British and American nuclear missile sites and temporarily deactivating the weapons.

UFO author Robert Hastings, who organized the news conference, said, "I believe - these gentlemen believe - that this planet is being visited by beings from another world, who for whatever reason have taken an interest in the nuclear arms race."

Hastings claims that a global conspiracy exists in which all major governments have been covering up evidence of UFOs for decades. [Top 10 Conspiracy Theories]

Despite claims that the airmen were "breaking their silence," there was very little new information presented at the press conference; in fact many of the UFO reports they cited date back 30 or 40 years, and had appeared in magazine articles, books, and websites. Instead of any new evidence or real proof they offered merely a rehashing of old, discredited reports that didn't yield any significant evidence when they were originally reported decades ago.

These "revelations" in fact raise more questions than they answer.

For example, if extraterrestrial intelligences have been watching over humanity and are so concerned about nuclear weapons, why didn't they prevent the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki at the end of World War II? Preventing those bombs from exploding - instead of demonstrating the atom's awesome destructive power to the world - could have been a much more effective way to head off a nuclear arms race.

Furthermore, the point of the press conference is muddled in contradictions. On one hand, the stated purpose was to encourage governments of the world to finally publically admit that they are aware of aliens, presumably because they pose a threat to national security. On the other hand, the larger message seems to be not to worry about nuclear proliferation, because our alien space brothers will take care of us and avert any potential nuclear attacks (at least in the US and UK -no word on if the aliens are concerned about Iran's nukes).

If that's true, then the aliens would not really be a threat to national security since they seem to be playing galactic peacekeepers.

The information presented at the press conference is only the most recent in a long line of similar claims.

UFO folklore and reports - especially from the 1960s and 1970s - often contained supposed messages from our peace-loving and ecologically aware space brothers warning us quarrelsome and destructive earthlings to treat the planet better and seek world peace. That is undoubtedly good advice (regardless of whether its origin is terrestrial or extraterrestrial) though if Hastings and his colleagues are right, the aliens - if they exist - may have everything under control.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:55 PM
HJJFFFAA

Default RE: Our new Peacekeeper's

...wat.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:05 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bummer i got all exited and thought you meant this.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81590.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1512081  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
warheadforever

Every time you ever start a thread Elven, I click on it just to see what crazy thing you are on now. LOL

I'm jokin, you always have a interesting something to read.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:00 PM
elven wizard

Warheadforever don't cha love it
Old 10-06-2010, 08:19 PM
buggyboy2010

this was just on yahoo news..

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...src=canadanews
Old 10-06-2010, 08:58 PM
elven wizard

Something is going on up there more and more as we get near 2012.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:12 PM
buggyboy2010

I'd rather not think about 2012 in this time of My life.. I got a 3month old baby girl who is just starting her life, And would really NOT like to think that it would be cut to short.

ORIGINAL: elven wizard

Something is going on up there more and more as we get near 2012.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:45 PM
IFR Pilot

Be careful about 2012. It's considered religion and the mods are watching. More than 1 thread has been locked because of 2012, just a heads up.

Awesome hairdew Elven.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:48 PM
elven wizard

The Mayan calender ends Dec-21-2012 then after that nothing, zip it doesn't say anything after that of what happens.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:50 PM
elven wizard

If that is so will keep the 2012 thing mute and just talk about the subject at hand.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:54 PM
IFR Pilot

I read all about this topic today and it wasn't aliens, it was the military doing their job.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 AM
elven wizard

Just to let other's know the nuclear disarmament topic is a a different story. The one your talking about was another news story that was of yesterday too about the possible military testing or so they say. Of course stuff like this mostly happens at nite.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

MY OPINION

I think that aliens are real. They are somewhere out there. They have to be. Out of millions of planets that are similar to Earth there has to be at least one. What do they look like? Who knows? They could look like a dog or like us. Obviously aliens dont have super technology to transport themselves because we would know. Dont you think it would be a little obvious if a spacecraft started flying thorough detectable space? We have sensors in space there nothing new. So to get to my point aliens are not deactivating missiles or whatever. By all means funny read but aliens flying around hovering in detectable airspace disabling missiles is a little far out there.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:34 PM
elven wizard

my opinion

UFO's can travel light years by means of folding space and time going thru dimension to another, point to point in no time were's this would be time traveling.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my opinion

UFO's can travel light years by means of folding space and time going thru dimension to another, point to point in no time were's this would be time traveling.
The aliens are just as theoretical as the technology itself!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:29 PM
The_Shark

my opinion

my theory is that there is no such thing as time, time is man-made, i also belive there is only one huge never ending universe with 360degrees of stars and planets, always moving away from eachother.

i do think one galaxy can leak into the other by means of worm hole, but everything would be converted to pure energy, as only energy can travel the speed of light.

do i believe in aliens? dont know, dont care.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:59 PM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

my opinion

my theory is that there is no such thing as time, time is man-made,
Oh my god how many people believe this crap? Yes the units used to measure time are man made, time is not. Just like we created units to measure distance. Unless you believe that distance is man made, too.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

my opinion

Oh my god how many people believe this crap? Yes the units used to measure time are man made, time is not. Just like we created units to measure distance. Unless you believe that distance is man made, too.
I agree...if the Mayans' were so smart, why didn't they predict their own demise...??? From my studies, the Mayan calendar predicts something occuring at the end of their calendar, but it is not specific, nor does it depict the end of time. For New Years Day of 2013, I'll be at the field if you need to reach me....
Old 10-07-2010, 07:31 PM
The_Shark

my opinion

distance can be measured physically, so can weight, sound and even light.
there is no time, only existence.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:15 PM
buggyboy2010

When does evolution come into play here? lol

my opinion

Old 10-07-2010, 09:32 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

my opinion

heh, i dont want to even go there, too religious.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:48 PM
buggyboy2010

isn't it evolution vs. creationism? darwin vs. religeon?, But Your right.. that's a heated topic and mods won't be to happy about that!

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

my opinion

heh, i dont want to even go there, too religious.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:18 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

the new peace keepers around here...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44227.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1512532  
Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 PM
IFR Pilot

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

. For New Years Day of 2013, I'll be at the field if you need to reach me....
I'll be there with ya and I'll bring some kool-aid and ritz crackers so we don't get thirsty/ hungary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.