Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
PS3
58.82%
XBOX 360
41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Xbox 360 or Ps3 tough decision

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:55 AM
ElectricGuy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Xbox 360 or Ps3 tough decision

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

I've played Wii a fair bit and I have PS3 MOVE as of a week ago.. And WOW, It really blows Wii outta the water! So smooth and dead on. I was Really suprised with it and reccommed it to anyone looking for that style of gaming
PS move is that good huh?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:03 AM
DS

my psn is dstaks716 add me guys!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:47 AM
buggyboy2010

Yea.. It is actually. I really think so, And like I said, I've played Wii many times so it was easy to compare.

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

I've played Wii a fair bit and I have PS3 MOVE as of a week ago.. And WOW, It really blows Wii outta the water! So smooth and dead on. I was Really suprised with it and reccommed it to anyone looking for that style of gaming
PS move is that good huh?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:26 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've played both and prefer the 360, but it sounds like I'm in the minority here. But really with the big titles coming out on both systems, it doesn't matter as much.

Personally, I went for option 3, even after buying a 360, and built a gaming PC. I did this for a variety of reasons, one was to avoid the so-called "console tax" on games that made them magically $10 more than their PC counterparts. Another big one was because a few years ago I couldn't afford an HDTV, and I was one of those people playing 360 on a standard def tube. Want to know frustration? Try reading some of the menu text in SD, especially on an older tube. Half the time I couldn't even tell how much ammo I had in a FPS game. But the games looked fine on my monitor. I did eventually get the VGA cable for the 360, but by then I'd already bought most of the newer games on PC.

Then there's the issue of space. I like games, and during the XBOX/PS2/GC era, I amassed a collection of over 250 games for all three systems. Each one of them in a DVD clamshell, taking up room. One of my friends solved this problem by throwing away the cases and putting the discs in a CD/DVD binder, but I found it easier and cheaper to just go the download route. Now I have over 250 games again, and they take up only hard drive space when I choose to install them.

And finally, there are some genres, such as RTS and MMORPG, that are really only available on PC.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Nik.

I wish most of the new PC games werent half-assed ports made by the developers that brought about pc gaming in the first place, but are moving to console because it is easier and more profitable.