Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

shootin talk

Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 AM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: shootin talk

sadly i havent seen aguila stocked at the h&f. i still have a shop that i havent been to yet. i'm not too sure why either, both are literally down the road from me. i suspect they might have them. maybe i'll buy online and avoid the '.22 long RIFLE is handgun ammo' bull...
Old 06-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Blkft1

I usually pick up a coupl'a box's of Aguila's from the G-shows or Cheaperthandirt if I happen to be close by to them. I've been on the prowl for a decent SingleSix at the G-shows and pawnshops, missed a nice SS convertable model with adjustable sight last week at the local pawn [American Cash]. I have a neighbor/buddy who works there that gives me a fair deal,he knows that if I'm askin I'm buyin if everything checks out. Theres a real nice pre-lock S&W 10-5 square but with a 4" bull bbl I've been eyeballin' lately,good bluing with just a little wear at the tip of the bbl [holster], locks up tight and has a sweet trigger. Looks better than the older DPD revolvers that been floating in lately, if no decent Single six's come in I may get that.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 PM
cumquat

i might be going down to Indiana in the next couple weeks to visit my grandma (this trip has nothing at all to do with the firework store just south of the border). might see if i can get my uncle to take me out shooting, and maybe to the gun shop to get some bullets that they dont stock around here. i need to get some cash around... other than aguila, are there any bullet brands/models i should look for? supposing they have them and they are cheap enough, i'll pick up a box of aguila sss, calibri, rem cbee, cci quik shok and maybe a box of tracers.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Blkft1

Cant think of anything else just be safe and have fun and watch those tracers,not sure how dry it is up there compared to down here in Texas, we've had several bad fires the past few months . I'm not sure how that'll play out over the 4th weekend, even though there is a burn ban [or possibility of] people still go out and blow things up. The regular displays are still on, we'll head out to Athens Tx for the Fresh Water Fisheries 4th July show, plus they have a stocked pond and supply poles. I see your from Kalamazoo, my family and I left Flint, Gennessee Co back in '80-81.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:42 AM
cumquat

hehe, no worries about it being too dry up here. we have had a good few rains and even a few thunderstorms. i've never been to flint. i've been to Detroit (greenfield village) and Lansing on field trips and grand rapids numerous times (went to little pine island just about every year for summer camp). i have never been more than 150 miles from home. my sister traveled farther than that before her first birthday.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Blkft1

From what I've heard from remaining family/relatives up there its best to stay out'a Flint. I havent been back since the late 80's to pick up a few store away belongings with my Dad and to say goodby to childhood friends. Have fun shootin' and be safe, I'll have to hit the range soon myself to run some ammo down the pipes of a few newer aquisitions. A buddy is buying property out east that actually has a private range on it from the former owner, cant wait!

Oooorrr,,,guess I can celebrate the Right to Bare Arms on the 4th AND New Years like my neighbor three houses down by shootin' his .40cal off the back porch, whatta' fool[:'(].
Old 06-27-2011, 02:18 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I got a new gun... traded some rc stuff for it. Its a Springfield XD(m) 9mm.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69693.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1628486   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45589.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1628487  
Old 06-27-2011, 11:30 PM
tommygun32

How does it feel / perform proanti?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:50 AM
proanti1

I haven't shot it yet, I literally had just got it about an hour prior to posting. Is really heavy for a 9mm, but has a nice feel to it. I will probably be going to the range this weekend to test it out.

Edit, spelling.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 AM
cumquat

rage and guns dont mix... in public[>:]
Old 06-28-2011, 10:23 AM
cumquat

got my new glasses a bit ago and did some shooting to see what i'm hitting, if i'm hitting. i went from "i think i hit it, i'll go check." to "nope, still there. hey i hit it that time. hit it again, but still standing. it fell, time to go down for the first time this shoot.". isn't seeing grand?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:21 PM
proanti1

Well, went out and shot it today... pretty damn accurate. I usually only prefer a .45acp, but this was a nice change.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Nik.

bought one of these today... not a firearm, but can be shot in the backyard . Hopefully its as good as my other airgun that can shoot dime size groups at 15 yards without the neighbors knowing.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:47 PM
OIF/OEFrc13

I picked up a new Colt Delta Elite 10mm 1911 a few weeks ago to take with me backpacking. I know a wheelgun in .44 mag or a similar round is what most people take for this kind of stuff, but I can't hit a white whale on a black background with one so I went with the 10. All the power in the world wouldn't do me any good if I can't make hits. Recoil is of course pretty stout, but manageable. Have fired a few hundred rounds through it and so far the slide prematurely locked back once, which I attributed to the magazine. Oh, it fits in all my 1911 holsters, and the mags even fit in my mag holder. I think it'll do just fine....
Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Blkft1

ORIGINAL: Nik.

bought one of these today... not a firearm, but can be shot in the backyard . Hopefully its as good as my other airgun that can shoot dime size groups at 15 yards without the neighbors knowing.

The 1377 is nice and has a decent aftermarket support, I used mine on small rodents and starlings so precision and reasonable power is there in stock form within a reasonable range. I do like them now that they have black furniture as opposed to the brown that they had, goes good with the black 13/22XX stock.

Here's a couple I had awhile back, top one was modded.

De-Raticator [1 of many dozen[>:]]! Rodent precise with those f-ugly Gamo Tomahawks pellets.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:44 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Well I got a new gun... traded some rc stuff for it. Its a Springfield XD(m) 9mm.

ThunderbirdJunkie loves the XD. Not a huge fan of the 9mm round, but chances are good you traded for RC stuff you weren't using, so killer[8D]

Well, went out and shot it today... pretty damn accurate. I usually only prefer a .45acp, but this was a nice change.
ThunderbirdJunkie is with you on preferring .45ACP (or .40S&W), but a hole is a hole, so still a good CC firearm[8D]
Old 06-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: Nik.

Id say that is pretty realistic expectations. Ive had mine for about 4 years now. Any gamo rounds will do. It will visibly dent quarters up to 8 yards but mine tends to loose a lot of power around 10+ yards. Dont pump to much and oil it every once in a while and it will last years.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Nik.

ORIGINAL: Blkft1
The 1377 is nice and has a decent aftermarket support, I used mine on small rodents and starlings so precision and reasonable power is there in stock form within a reasonable range. I do like them now that they have black furniture as opposed to the brown that they had, goes good with the black 13/22XX stock.
very cool. I have a crosman 2100 from the 80s that I have had apart a hundred times and shoots smoother than it should. Since the 1377/pc77 has the same internals, I figured I needed one. I was considering getting an RWS 34 but I like being able to pump it up just a few times and mess around with it. If I wanted a break barrel, that is the one I would get though.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:37 AM
J.D.T

ORIGINAL: OIF/OEFrc13

I picked up a new Colt Delta Elite 10mm 1911 a few weeks ago to take with me backpacking. I know a wheelgun in .44 mag or a similar round is what most people take for this kind of stuff, but I can't hit a white whale on a black background with one so I went with the 10. All the power in the world wouldn't do me any good if I can't make hits. Recoil is of course pretty stout, but manageable. Have fired a few hundred rounds through it and so far the slide prematurely locked back once, which I attributed to the magazine. Oh, it fits in all my 1911 holsters, and the mags even fit in my mag holder. I think it'll do just fine....
I fondled one last weekend at the gun show, 100 year version with Ceracoat OD green finish, full lock up fitment and trigger job with nice hogue grips, looked so good but at $1335 I bought stroked out, 2 booths over I could have got 2 glock 10mms and 10 extra magazines for the same price but a glock is a glock and I allready got some of them, wow almost said enough of them right there, I must be getting sick, you can't ever have enough glocks, thats why they have 3 or 4 models for each caliber LOL.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:44 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie loves the XD. Not a huge fan of the 9mm round, but chances are good you traded for RC stuff you weren't using, so killer[8D]

ThunderbirdJunkie is with you on preferring .45ACP (or .40S&W), but a hole is a hole, so still a good CC firearm[8D]
It was a trade, so I didn't have a choice in caliber, but I just couldn't pass it up... All the guy wanted was a Jato and the stuff to make it run, so I obliged. I dont mind 9mm, but this gun is a little big for that. Its heavy enough to be a .40 or .45, all my other 9mm pistols are small and light.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:22 AM
OIF/OEFrc13

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

I fondled one last weekend at the gun show, 100 year version with Ceracoat OD green finish, full lock up fitment and trigger job with nice hogue grips, looked so good but at $1335 I bought stroked out, 2 booths over I could have got 2 glock 10mms and 10 extra magazines for the same price but a glock is a glock and I allready got some of them, wow almost said enough of them right there, I must be getting sick, you can't ever have enough glocks, thats why they have 3 or 4 models for each caliber LOL.

Oh man, and it was 10mm? I would have liked to have seen that! Mine is a stainless version and ran me 1000. I was a bit worried that the 10 round would be pretty hard on the frame over time, so I called cylinder and slide here in NE and a fellow there told me Colt builds the Delta pretty good to handle the round. I'm wondering if he was referring to the dual recoil springs or what because it's the only major difference I've found from a .45ACP 1911. I've owned a few glocks and have been issued one for duty use. I've personally never liked the way they feel, so I quit buying them. I think they are great guns, but when it comes to pistols if it doesn't feel right it doesn't feel right.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:35 AM
proanti1

I've personally never liked the way they feel, so I quit buying them. I think they are great guns, but when it comes to pistols if it doesn't feel right it doesn't feel right.
I cant stand the triggers... I'm thinking about selling my Glock 36.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:38 AM
OIF/OEFrc13

I've personally never liked the way they feel, so I quit buying them. I think they are great guns, but when it comes to pistols if it doesn't feel right it doesn't feel right.
I cant stand the triggers... I'm thinking about selling my Glock 36.

+1 on the striker fired triggers. And on the DA/SAs like the M9 or Sig. Yet another reason to stick with the good old single action 1911.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:32 PM
J.D.T

yeah it was the Delta Elite in 10, I like the idea of 10 mm as it allows for heavy bullets (210 and 230 grain) like a .45 but has much higher pressures. Most of my upbrinding involved shooting revolvers so a 1911 felt just as odd to me as a glock did intially, one was to fat and one to skinny and both had this weird angle on the grip, I was used to smith & wesson where your hand is straight up and down pretty much. I like the xdm alot to, shot several with zero issues, if I was staring over I would probably start there, the aftermarket ain't quite as good as the glock stuff but half the options people put on glocks were addressed with the XDM
Les Bear a custom 1911 maker here in Iowa did some 10 mms a few years back but has since quit doing them so if I am ever gonna have one it will probably be the colt but rumor has it STI is coming out with one and I really like the Spartan 45 my cousin got, its there lowest priced gun but works great. I like the tactical tupperwear for carry but would prefer a steel gun for anything over 40 cal. Seen any good ammo prices in NE yet? Had some wars bust out at the gun show last weekend, guys usually get $18-20 for 9 and $20 + for .40 in the winchestor ranger JHP, last weekend $15 9mm, $17.50 for .40 in 50 boxes so I went for both 155 grain and 180 .40 and the 124 + P in 9. Congrats on the Delta, I'm sure you won't have any problems and Colt is a great company to work with if you do.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:51 PM
OIF/OEFrc13

I was the opposite of you, I was brought up in rifles and didn't mess with sidearms until my job dictated it. And it was always autos by the time I came onto the scene. I agree with you about the XDM, its well made and a lot of pistol for the money. I know some organizations taking a serious look at them as sidearms for that reason. I have a little trigger time on it and I think with a little more I could be reasonably competent with one. I'm familiar with Les Bear, I've never seen them outside of personal use. I would love to own one but rarely do I have enough scratch to drop on one item like that. I would also love to own a Wilson Combat at some point. Maybe down the road who knows. STI's are also outstanding. We had a medic who ran those exclusively and swears upside down, right side up and sideways by them. We did a head to head run on a cqc course once and I will admit my Kimber had two failures to feed during the course of fire and he made me look like a chump. Imagine the hit my ego took at being bested by the medic! Major burn indeed. The weight thing with the polymer pistols seems to be a double edged sword. I had a Glock 36C for a short while because I thought the porting would make it a little nicer. I was wrong, that thing was a hand hammer! I sold it. No, the ammo prices here in ol Nebraskey are terrible. I'm still getting used to paying for a majority of my own ammo instead of paying for the minority with the bulk of it being supplied. I can either pay 30 for 50 rounds of that crummy CCI black box plinker ammo in 10, or I can just take the hit and pay a dollar a round either for Hornady XTPs or Winchester Silvertips. In fact the ammo prices are one of the many reasons I'm slowing way down on shooting as recreation and getting into RC. I have high hopes for the Colt, it's actually the first Colt firearm I've personally owned, but I've used a ton for work. I don't know exactly what Uncle Sugar's been up to. When I first got in all you saw was Colt and an FN here and there. Later on it was a mixed bag between Colt, LWRCI, and LMT. FN seemed to fall completely off the roster. Weird.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.