Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

CIGARS: What do I need to know?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:46 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CIGARS: What do I need to know?

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

i love the smell of a box of un-burnt cigars. mmm.
I know what you mean. They smell amazing.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:16 PM
The_Shark

im sure you can make your own self-regulating humidore (or whatever) by making a larger box and equiping it with a reptile automatic humidifier.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:38 AM
captainkurk
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I smoke stogies, and cigs. And occasionally I even smoke a pipe. I have had no ill effects from smoking, and I have been smoking for 20 years. Some people get sick from smoking, some don't. Nuff said.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:42 AM
captainkurk

I don't cut or poke. I bite...
Old 07-19-2011, 05:28 PM
The_Shark

they say tobacco is addicting BS.
smoke hookah, and cigars, stopped for a few months because i was to cheap to buy more, no craving at all, got some cigars from a coustomer, smoked them, havent gone out to buy any more, no craving.

more than anything its personality and mind-set. if you let yourself belive you need it- you will
i enjoy the smell and taste, thats why i smoke. ive actually pondered pipe and rolling cigs but, too cheap, too lazy.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:49 PM
captainkurk

Thank you!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:55 PM
electricrc68
Banned

when will you learn.....

Old 07-19-2011, 07:43 PM
captainkurk

At least a smoker that DOES die from some sort of cancer, or a combination of cancer and something else, chose to smoke and accepted their fate. I have a degenerative dissease that will kill me long before tobacco does. So, just like MOST of the smokers that ever exsisted, are alive now, or ever will be, I die because of something other than cancer. Smoking doesn't automatically mean you're death will come because of it. Most smokers die from heart dissease, and or some other seemingly relatable conditions. These are usually caused by a combination of poor diet, inactivity, and environmental pollutants. Of which tobacco can be one. So can liquor, automobile exhast, marijuanna and other narcotics, legal medications that don't get neutralized or screened out of our water, radon, cat and other animal urine and feces, aquarium chemicals, billiard chalk, paint and everything to clean it up, carpet, household cleaners, flatulance, insects and other vermin, and smoke from volcanos and natural fires. This list is interminably long, and poignant. I've done my homework, without being sucked in by propaganda and slander campaigns. I made my own decisions. Even on that sight, it says it MAY cause certain things, or CAN increase certain risks. Even still, it's not smoking alone that creates these conditions. Maybe you were a smoker, or lost a special smoker in your life?
No matter any of that. We're here to talk about CIGARS! I like Cohiba!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:17 PM
The_Shark

everything in moderation.

you chain smoke and smoke multiple packs a day- chances are you will get sick from it, if you are inactive this also rushes the effects.

your lungs heal, using your lungs cleans them out and maintains volume, if you push them too hard you will do damage that takes years to heal.

there is more cancer in this country now than ever and less smokers then ever- [&:]

my grandpa smoked from 12-84 years old, had colon cancer, beat it, died years later of old age.

everything can cause cancer, diet sweetner, HFCS and other fake ingrediants in most your food is going to kill you faster than anything, not to mention vacciens to make you "well" like west nile, swine flu, flu shot and others have murcury in them- enjoy that thought.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:07 PM
splcrazy

i started a cigar thread ages ago and got abused with idiots telling me all the obvious harms about smoking , i been smoking cigars 10years plus , i love it and i will never give up , a good cigar cutter you need to get is the xikar x1 or the x3 , the x1 is aluminum body , the x3 is steel body , the cheaper version is x2 which is plastic body , they are the sharpest cigar cutters you will ever get your hands on i have a bunch of them in all sorts of colors , not to mention jet lighters , i have collection of jet lighters also to get the job done .

ok lets talk about cigars i dont have a humidified humidor because i smoke em all before i get a chance to age them lol , so i just keep them in the box they came , in a spot in the house away from sunlight , thats not too cold not too hot not too dry , and its been excellent never had a problem with mold , beetles or other kind of problems

mold on cigars - white mold fluffy or white mold spots is when the cigar is at perfection to smoke

any mold on cigar in the green is not very good best to avoid smoking a cigar in that condition.

the brands ive smoked are mainly cuban , the dominican cigars are good but man they wrap em too tight , they have an ashy burnt taste compared to cuban which is always smooth and enjoyable , the only best dominican cigar ive come across is the maduro diplomat ,

cuban brands i like to smoke are PARTAGAS , COHIBA , MONTECRISTO , cohiba are good but in my opinion are over rated and high priced

montecristo are also extremely very good , number 4 and especially number 2's

now partagas , these are my absolute favorite , partagas serie D NUMBER 4 ARE THE ABSOLUTE MOST TASTIEST CIGAR .

now for a SPECIAL non cuban - PADRON man if i was living in the usa id get these all the time and infact i would stock up on these babies , padron in australia cost a fortune i only ever bought 1 box of 26 padron maduro 7000 big long 60 ring guage , take your time to smoke these as they deliver a full rich deep dark toasty flavor .

ive given up smoking cigars for this year to build up my taste buds cos you get used to the flavor and it doesnt excite you after a long time of constantly smoking lol plus it can cost a fortune to keep buying cigars all year round if you smoke alot like me lol upto 4 cigars a day plus i been spending alot on my large scale. so next year im back in smoking it up
Old 08-04-2011, 10:38 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

"partagas serie D NUMBER 4"
also my favorite.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Haha this thread is hilarious.

Start a thread about cocktails, beer, spirits, alcohol in general and everyone's keen to add their favorite drink to the list.

Mention cigars and all of a sudden people feel the need to climb on to their soapboxes and point out that it's bad for you.

I've never been a fan of cigars myself but I do love the smell of them in a wooden box.
Mmmm.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:05 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: Dirty_Vinylpusher

Haha this thread is hilarious.

Start a thread about cocktails, beer, spirits, alcohol in general and everyone's keen to add their favorite drink to the list.

Mention cigars and all of a sudden people feel the need to climb on to their soapboxes and point out that it's bad for you.

I've never been a fan of cigars myself but I do love the smell of them in a wooden box.
Mmmm.

i love the smell of them when they are lit up lol , in the box they kinda smell like stinky feet socks LOL