Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Traxxas Video Game!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 04:55 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Video Game!

So i was browsing my many sources of the inter-webs and i came across this and thought i would share. I was only 10 at this time and being in rc only a few short years i had no idea traxxas was in a video game.

Radio Control Racers Deluxe: Traxxas Edition
Publisher: Sierra Entertainment
Developer: Sierra Ent.
Release Date: Sep 4, 2000

Fans of the original 3-D Ultra Radio Control Racers, developed by Dynamix, get a second fix with this enhanced and expanded version from Sierra. 3-D Ultra Radio Control Racers Deluxe: Traxxas Edition takes the game to new levels by adding tracks, game modes, customization options and advanced features.

You can choose from four car models, each with individual characteristics, attributes, strengths and weaknesses. The 4-wheel drive Monster Truck has twin engines, and a low center of gravity due to its weight and sturdy construction. Much faster is the Baja Bug, which sacrifices corner handling for speed, and the Buggy with its quick handling and smaller tires. Slightly slower, but featuring good stability and fast recovery, is the Stadium Truck.

Customization of all four vehicles is possible with the Custom Paint Area, a feature containing two methods for converting your cars into dream machines. The first method provides four templates (blobs, flames, stripes, and chex) with 14 colors used in different combinations. The other option, albeit more complex, provides more depth and customization choices for detailing your car. After importing a pre-made bitmap template or creating your own, you can use any paint program to add colors and logos, and then save and import the file for use in the program.

3-D Ultra Radio Control Racers Deluxe: Traxxas Edition offers split screen action for two players, as well as two levels of difficulty. Other features include customization of race length (laps or timed), automatic corner recovery, number of computer-controlled opponents and vehicles, optional traps and hazards, power-up availability, and type of race. A choice of control methods includes keyboard, mouse, joystick (force-feedback is supported), steering wheel, or gamepad, each with customizable configurations.

There are three types of races, an "easy or hard" option, and "controlled steering," if you have problems controlling vehicles. You can race against the computer (good for practicing), or against a friend (with or without added computer-controlled racers) in split-screen mode. A third option is a 14 track full circuit that pays virtual cash for finishing in one of the top four positions in each race. Use this money to upgrade your vehicle.

The four circuits include the Amateur Circuit, which provides racing on seven tracks including Thrill Ride, Frog Pond, Under Construction, Hillbilly Hill, Backyard, Traxxas Challenge, and Desert, the Pro Circuit, featuring R/C Pro Extreme, Minigolf, R/C Off-Road Classic, Haunted, Aztec, R/C Racers Pro Am, and Ultimate R/C tracks, a Super Circuit that combines all 14 tracks, and finally Custom Circuit, which allows you to randomly select seven tracks from the fourteen.

It also offers two new game modes. In RC Soccer you use your vehicle to bump the soccer ball into the opponent's goal, and in Battle Ball you must touch the kick ball to change its color to match your car, then kick or bump it into the scoring pit. Power-ups like turbo boost, bottle rocket, electroshock, firecracker, ghost drive, and an oil slick improve your chances of winning or thwart your opponents. ~ Michael L. House, All Game Guide

Full review at:
http://www.answers.com/topic/3-d-ult...raxxas-edition

Pretty nifty i think.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Default RE: Traxxas Video Game!

If sierra is the same company I think they made a very famous nascar sim. BRB checking
Old 11-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

They published it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR_Racing_2003_Season

You can get it for $7 on the bay. (the rc game that is)

Old 11-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Eman77

My mom has that NASCAR game on her Mac at home (her brother's old computer). My kids love playing that when we visit.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:14 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The game cover makes me miss my first hobby grade rc car... I burned the nubs off the front tires before the end of Christmas night.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:16 PM
DarkFire989

I own this game, the regular version, not the traxxas edition.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:54 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so does that mean all the cars handle poorly[sm=surprised.gif]
Old 11-17-2010, 09:58 PM
ThEoNeS911

I own the normal version of this game, and when I was younger (younger than I am right now, I'm still pretty young to all of you) and it was pretty fun.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:29 AM
FahrtAutoRC

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

so does that mean all the cars handle poorly[sm=surprised.gif]

Its hard to steer a tank