Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

what weedwackers do you guys have?

Old 01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what weedwackers do you guys have?

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

craftsman.
what kind? the 32Cc is pretty good.

on a side note, there are only a few small engine makers, with lawm mowers its briggs and straton or techimusha (do NOT know the spelling there)
Old thread I know but don't forget Kohler and Honda
Old 01-07-2012, 04:56 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: whoopee

I am with yall on the echo i got one that is pretty dang old and it runs really good. when i got it it was wore out i put a ring on the piston and cleaned the carb runs like a champ now.

Whoopee
That must be one old weedeater. I don't know of any of the newer engines that use rings. Most use the same "pinch" technology that our nitro engines use. Planned obsolesence at it's best... I've had to toss more than one weedeater or blower because compression was just completely gone once they heat up.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:14 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

ORIGINAL: whoopee

I am with yall on the echo i got one that is pretty dang old and it runs really good. when i got it it was wore out i put a ring on the piston and cleaned the carb runs like a champ now.

Whoopee
That must be one old weedeater. I don't know of any of the newer engines that use rings. Most use the same ''pinch'' technology that our nitro engines use. Planned obsolesence at it's best... I've had to toss more than one weedeater or blower because compression was just completely gone once they heat up.
I have never once seen a ringless weedeater engine. Even the new ones (besides 4 stroke) use the same engines that were being sold 20 years ago.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:22 PM
DaveG55

Wow, well I did some quick checking and I stand corrected.
Guess I've been a dumbazz for a while and been throwing away some engines that could have been fixed fairly cheaply...
Just damn..
Oh well, live and learn I guess. Thanks proanti1 for setting me straight on this.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:17 PM
tapkoote

I know this is old but here's 2 cents worth.
My Stihl weed whacker sat for two months W/ fuel in it.
carb went to hell, cost $35 to find that out and a new carb was priced at $75.
Seems Stihl owns Zama now and set their own price.
It's a great whacker but i'm putting a walbro on it, and if my Sthil chain saw screws up I'll do the same.
Both of them are fairly new and probably out live me, if not , NO MORE STIHL
tap
Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 AM
thorian

I gotta reccomend Sthil They have diffrent grades of equipment the orange and black are more rugged then the white handle equip. and since Husqivarna was bought by Poulan they are crap too.

Actually if you buy a Poulan get it from Lowes or Home Depot and ensure their return policy. I went through 4 Poulan Chansaws in 3 days cutting fire wood by the time I was done cutting logs to size even the last one died so I took it back and just got a refund. I think of poulan as a rental that comes in a new box.