Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

I hate people

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:21 AM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: I hate people

I guess I should have said that a person that I work with is going thru the "being sued by a friend" thing. The person doing the sueing claims that it won't hurt my co-worker, just his insurance company. I guess it was more a comment on some peoples morals. Sorry for the bad comment. But if you have any info, frame numbers and that sort of thing, I will be on the look out.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The unfortunate side effect of the insurance companies being "hurt" is that they simply raise rates for all of us to cover. I'm not a fan of that mentality (the "stick it to the insurance company" one).

Because, in the end, you can't hurt them - they just jack up rates as necessary to cover costs, and we all pay for one person's selfishness.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:41 AM
dave de
My Feedback: (12)

Yeah,it wont hurt the friend.......just the insurance rates will go up. It sucks your stuff was stolen, there is nothing worse. I hope you can get some insurance on your new bikes. I liked your response to the sueing comment, that you dont do that in Canada.....my wife works for a law firm, the amount of money wasted in this country on bull**** lawsuits is just that, bull****
Old 06-23-2011, 08:00 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: jeffEE

So be like the rest of the world and sue the owner of the place it was stored. It's not personal, it's just business. Post a few pics if you have them and we can look out for them.
Everything that's wrong with the world. Right here in this post.
Its actually whats mostly wrong with the USA. Imagine a world without lawyers, and frivolous lawsuits.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9JAt6gFqM[/youtube]
Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 AM
elven wizard

sorry to hear what happened it can be a tough world out there
Old 06-23-2011, 12:02 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

And as far as suing, I'm a Canadian. We don't do that sort of thing.
Sometimes I wish we did.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:15 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

I'm not sure being Canadian Suing a texan in Texas would be very fruitful anyway. things are different down there. people carry guns into supermarkets.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Brian Dorff

I'm not sure being Canadian Suing a texan in Texas would be very fruitful anyway. things are different down there. people carry guns into supermarkets.
From what I hear my state is one of the only left that you can't do that.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:38 PM
FahrtAutoRC

ohio carries guns to church...

ORIGINAL: Brian Dorff

Old 06-23-2011, 03:27 PM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll add to the post.

I have been working on my Suburban for fourteen weeks putting a Cummins turbo diesel in it. After the install I took it to the paint shop to get the cowl hood and door dings paint. It didn't take long for some low life to put new door dings in it. I had to be a truck due to the fact how high my suburban set and where the dings are. I can't believe people just will not take responsibility for there actions and just slither away filling better about themselves for getting away with it.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Remember a guy back when I was in college around 11 or so years ago came in with his fully restores 67 mustang, and he put in the best sound system out at the time. Walked into class and was like GUYS I GOT MY BABY HERE SHES FINALLY DONE. We were like really he was like YEA MAN LOOK OVER THERE I PARKED IT IN VIE... his car was leaving the parking lot... He ran out of the building to try and catch it to no avail, fell to his knees, and almost burst into tears. He never got it back.

another guy I knew bought a BRAND NEW car(it had under 30 miles on it he drove it straight there) parked it in the same parking lot (this was 3 years later) and was like OK GUYS LOOK WHAT I JUST BOUGHT went out the front bumper was laying on the ground, hood was completely smashed in, and a security guard was parked 20 feet away sleeping that saw nothing.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:52 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

I have had harleys all my life and i keep them in a building with motion detectors and door /window alarms . If someone does get in a silent alarm goes off to the police station,and iam called also. Even though i have a real safe place, my insurance is real high because of the town i live in. With all the low lifes out of work the thefts are going to get worse not better,so lock it up and hide if you can. In my old garage i jack hammered a big hole in the floor and burried a thick rebar cyrcle in new concrete so i could cable my bike to it . Sorry to hear these things happen and hope you get your new one soon. joe
Old 06-23-2011, 05:54 PM
wesaysoracing

sometimes living in the sticks is a good thing, our sheriff thinks" popping a cap"in some one is cheaper than court
Old 06-23-2011, 06:02 PM
ovationdave
My Feedback: (16)

Nope. Too busy burning cars when the local hockey team doesn't get the cup........ ;-)
Old 06-23-2011, 07:11 PM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

I think we should have a friday evening show titled " Executing thieves".
Old 06-23-2011, 07:15 PM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

seems like there are a lot of thefts nowadays, wisconsin just passed a gun carrying law and i think i'm going to do that. One of my flying buddies had his quicksilver 2 place aircraft stolen a few weeks ago and they stole it while he was away attending his fathers funeral, thieves completely dismantled the aircraft and hauled it away in back of a red pick up truck with illinois plates. the truck was spotted hanging around the airport a couple of times by a local pilot who thought they acted kind of suspicious. go to www.n582vb.com for information on aircraft and contact info, keep an eye out for it and help a guy get his plane back
Old 06-23-2011, 07:32 PM
TimT2000
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Eman77

The unfortunate side effect of the insurance companies being "hurt" is that they simply raise rates for all of us to cover. I'm not a fan of that mentality (the "stick it to the insurance company" one).

Because, in the end, you can't hurt them - they just jack up rates as necessary to cover costs, and we all pay for one person's selfishness.
+1

well said
Tim

Old 06-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Nik.

many people have been screwed by insurance as well

looks like its time to buy a new dirtbike
Old 06-23-2011, 08:37 PM
mechanizeddeath

There are two things you should never buy used. Motocross bikes and co...

The sole purpose of a dirt bike is ride the snot out of it. A used bike will always come with issues and worries (was the air filter cleaned/changed religously or did it suck in dirt, oil change frequency and quality, valve adjustment requirements ignored, proper octane, etc.)
I just learned this as well. A friend of mine rides quads and so I've decided to get one as well. Well someday, I'm broke now. He told me the same thing, they get rode hard and put away wet. According to him there is seriously no such thing as a good used quad or dirt bike. Best to buy new and avoid the headaches, especially for your first one.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:12 AM
lez1troubles

Dude, sorry to hear that your bikes have been stolen.
I ride a KTM 525SX and it rocks major time. Top notch kit.
By a shotgun and when you (IF YOU) find the theaf shoot him(them) in the knee and say "Lez1troubles" told me to do it.;-).
Old 06-24-2011, 07:35 AM
tony0707

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Hate people too
Have not been in a good mood today found out someone tried breaking in my car when I going out today.
Someone made a hole under my passenger side doors lock, and tried prying it out, and did a nice job trashing it so I'm probably going to end up replacing the whole damn door with one from a junk yard(probably cheaper than getting it repaired sadly). I'm just lucky my model is insanely common, but when I go there probably won't be one in the damn lot.
Funny thing is there is absolutely nothing at all of value in the car so they would have got zilch. Last time someone broke in my prior car they caused $800 in damages to it, and got a broken CD holder, and $1 in CDR's...

Sucks about your whole thing getting stolen, and not having insurance. In my case I would make out like a bandit if mine was stolen (wish it was), but no they only vandalize the damn thing...
HI
IF YOU have no valuables in the cardo not lock itthey could look around and go on there wayif they are out to steel the car they will find a way anywayjust my two cents-lived in NY left my porsche convertible open all the time REGARDS TONY
Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Foxy

This is a very good point, and something a lot of S2000 (and other cabrio cars I assume) owners clubs endorse. Keep nothing of value in your car and leave it unlocked, that way they won't slash the $2000 softtop to find that they didn't want anything inside anyway.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:30 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: tony0707

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Hate people too
Have not been in a good mood today found out someone tried breaking in my car when I going out today.
Someone made a hole under my passenger side doors lock, and tried prying it out, and did a nice job trashing it so I'm probably going to end up replacing the whole damn door with one from a junk yard(probably cheaper than getting it repaired sadly). I'm just lucky my model is insanely common, but when I go there probably won't be one in the damn lot.
Funny thing is there is absolutely nothing at all of value in the car so they would have got zilch. Last time someone broke in my prior car they caused $800 in damages to it, and got a broken CD holder, and $1 in CDR's...

Sucks about your whole thing getting stolen, and not having insurance. In my case I would make out like a bandit if mine was stolen (wish it was), but no they only vandalize the damn thing...
HI
IF YOU have no valuables in the cardo not lock itthey could look around and go on there wayif they are out to steel the car they will find a way anywayjust my two cents-lived in NY left my porsche convertible open all the time REGARDS TONY
When you have legit smart thieves that might work, BUT where I live I have to deal with crack heads who don't think in the slightest. Who will shred your upholstery up if they don't find anything to steal.
Whats funny is my car looks like a piece of crap, giant rust spot on the side, hasn't been washed in ages, and nothing in view anywhere. So you know they weren't very smart.
Also they will steal the city sticker around me if you don't lock the doors which costs $100...

For example where I work 4 or so years ago I had a 88 oldsmobile parked in a lot where one 2 foot link of the iron fence got knocked out when a car collided into it. Parking lot was locked some idiot tried stealing my car, and did $600 in damage to it in the process of trying to hot wire it... Tow truck guy said that was the most botched hot wiring job he ever saw... The dipstick broke a little back window, sliced his hand up good (swear there was at LEAST a pint of blood in the car), left his hat in the car, stole $1 in CDR's, and had bloody hand prints trying to push the trunk open... Seriously that tow truck guy had the weirdest look on his face seeing the lot he had trouble getting it out of, let alone no way to build up speed to bust it through the gate.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:17 AM
J.D.T

atv and dirtbike insurance is so cheap I don't understand why guys don't get it, my cousings 06 Grizzley 450 is only $128 a year, I had to fight a little on the banshee as its a 1996 but I wanted $6500 in coverage due to the fact the a arms, shocks and swingarm cost damn near that much(LONESTAR IS THE DEVIL [), even with an agreed value policy its only $174 a year for full coverage. My Cagiva Elefant was a dual sport bike and only ran $207 a year.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:31 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Insuring it wasn't an option for me. My registration form still hasn't come in the mail. That is how new the bike was (I suppose still is). Without a valid registration to go with the title...no policy. No sense waiting for it to come now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.