Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

I hate people

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 04:04 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I hate people

I managed to find a pair of 2012 KTM 450 SX-F 3 hours away that just arrived at the dealer. Deposit has been paid and we pick them up tomorrow.

Now I'm both pissed and stoked!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM
The_Shark

people suck
people are stupid
theres too many people
theres too many stupid people who suck.

i hate thieves, had my car broke into they stole a 6year old, bottom of the line GPS and the face plate from my radio, total value stolen $20
Old 07-13-2011, 06:09 PM
i8tweety

Picked up the new KTM 450 SX-F bikes on Friday. Man are they nice (for the price, they should be). On Saturday, the stolen bikes were recovered. Isn't that always the way. Now I have to find a buyer for the 2010 Honda.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:31 PM
-SomeGuy-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No way! Cant believe you got them back. Well now you can have your cake and eat it too. Enjoy the new bike.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

Picked up the new KTM 450 SX-F bikes on Friday. Man are they nice (for the price, they should be). On Saturday, the stolen bikes were recovered. Isn't that always the way. Now I have to find a buyer for the 2010 Honda.
Nice! Moar info!! Were they caught? Condition? Tell us details, we like happy endings
Old 07-14-2011, 03:26 AM
lez1troubles

Nice to hear you got your bikes back.
Have fun with your KTM, they are fantastic bikes, I own a KTM 525SX from 2002.Big thumper.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:00 PM
i8tweety

Details...

Friday
Borrowed a co-workers truck on Friday and left at noon to pick-up the new bikes.
Drove 3 hours to the only KTM dealership in Texas that had 2 for sale when I called around (thank you Munn Racing!).
Put the $17K on my credit card for the 2 bikes (received a wire transfer from my friend for the purchase price of his bike and pre-loaded my card to cover the $17K price) - gotta love collecting points.
Drove back and stored them in an undisclosed, secure location.

Saturday
Bikes found listed on craigslist (third time found them on craigslist - third different phone number)
Had a friend call to "buy" the bikes and arrange a meeting.
Police were called and would be alerted if they were in fact our motorcycles.
Friend and his uncle drove to see the bikes. Identified by description and VIN.
Called the Police officer handling our case again.
Instructed to take them if they are yours. So they were loaded up and brought back.
I have a copy of the individuals hand written "bill of sale" with the seller's (AKA thief's) name, address, drivers licence number, plate number, and date of birth.

This isn't over [>:].

Time to go after them for damages caused.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:01 PM
i8tweety

Details...

Friday
Borrowed a co-workers truck on Friday and left at noon to pick-up the new bikes.
Drove 3 hours to the only KTM dealership in Texas that had 2 for sale when I called around (thank you Munn Racing!).
Put the $17K on my credit card for the 2 bikes (received a wire transfer from my friend for the purchase price of his bike and pre-loaded my card to cover the $17K price) - gotta love collecting points.
Drove back and stored them in an undisclosed, secure location.

Saturday
Bikes found listed on craigslist (third time found them on craigslist - third different phone number)
Had a friend call to "buy" the bikes and arrange a meeting.
Police were called and would be alerted if they were in fact our motorcycles.
Friend and his uncle drove to see the bikes. Identified by description and VIN.
Called the Police officer handling our case again.
Instructed to take them if they are yours. So they were loaded up and brought back.
I have a copy of the individuals hand written "bill of sale" with the seller's (AKA thief's) name, address, drivers licence number, plate number, and date of birth.

This isn't over [>:].

Time to go after them for damages caused.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:08 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sue, and get them to cover the cost of your new bikes.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:45 AM
lez1troubles

Cap there knees, old school gangsta rulez.[>:]
Old 07-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Nik.

sue for the amount lost if the new bikes or sold and any damage that occurred to the stolen bikes
Old 07-15-2011, 03:15 PM
mechanizeddeath

Great to see there was a happy ending.

I just don't get why thieves bother selling their stolen goods on crookslist. I mean that's the first place everyone goes when their stuff gets stolen, and there are even websites and cell phone apps that will search new postings and alert you whenever something you're looking for gets posted.

A friend of mine just lost a bunch of cheap and old car stereo equipment. It's the first car stereo theft I've seen in a very long time, since the stuff is so cheap these days there isn't much value in used car stereo equipment other than in rare cases like high end vintage stuff. In this case it was likely some teens "shopping" for a stereo.

Anyway they smashed his window and did a ton of damage to his interior all just to get to a 6 year old CD player and a private label brand amp and sub.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:40 PM
i8tweety

Craigslist is "vital" to the process to minimize/eliminate risk if they get caught. I don't want to provide the blueprint, but it's the reason the thieves will never be charged.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:03 PM
hands without shadows

That pumpkin front brake is amazing isn't it? Buddy has the same bike. Feels so roomy and all the controls are smooth and easy.
Its not a real MX bike if it has a magic button [sm=bananahead.gif]

Still puttin' around on the ol'e XR400
Old 07-15-2011, 08:23 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

Anyway they smashed his window and did a ton of damage to his interior all just to get to a 6 year old CD player and a private label brand amp and sub.
this is why i have right on my window "nothing of value in car" whats to steal? the 8track player?

good luck hotwiring it too[>: ]]
Old 07-16-2011, 04:30 AM
i8tweety

The "magic button" makes it more "real" race MX if you ask me. Drop it and stall during a heat - good luck firing a hot four stroke when you're tired. However, pull the decompression lever and push the electric start button and you're back in the action (why tire yourself more in the heat of battle if you don't have to). The magic button is a game changer if you ask me. Soon they will all have one.

And yes, the brembo brakes are incredible. But not as great as the factory hydraulic clutch (ahead of the pack on both these items too).
Old 07-19-2011, 11:30 PM
MadManAndrew

Almost every leisure vehicle I've ever had has been stolen or trashed by trespassers. Jet ski, stolen out of our drive way when we were only gone to the corner store for fifteen freakin' minutes. One of our four wheelers was stolen and trashed, found it later but there was some bull with the local police about not being able to press charges. They later hotwired our tractor, crushed both of our golf carts, and ripped apart our camper. Little sh*ts are still out there today because the locals still managed to come up with more bull. Then our other four wheeler was stolen straight out of our yard. Every single one of our trailers has been stolen. We actually got one back though, the dually that took it had muds and highways on the back. Just keot an eye out and the dumb*ss showed back up looking for more! Only thing I've managed to keep has been my bike, alllllways kept it garaged. There's sh*tty*ss people in the world today, and they don't want us to have nice things.

Oh, btw! We hate you too.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:25 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

Almost every leisure vehicle I've ever had has been stolen or trashed by trespassers. Jet ski, stolen out of our drive way when we were only gone to the corner store for fifteen freakin' minutes. One of our four wheelers was stolen and trashed, found it later but there was some bull with the local police about not being able to press charges. They later hotwired our tractor, crushed both of our golf carts, and ripped apart our camper. Little sh*ts are still out there today because the locals still managed to come up with more bull. Then our other four wheeler was stolen straight out of our yard. Every single one of our trailers has been stolen. We actually got one back though, the dually that took it had muds and highways on the back. Just keot an eye out and the dumb*ss showed back up looking for more! Only thing I've managed to keep has been my bike, alllllways kept it garaged. There's sh*tty*ss people in the world today, and they don't want us to have nice things.

Oh, btw! We hate you too.
Damn, that must suck ass. If I was you I would accdentally leave one of the atvs in the yard and wait for them to come by with a 12 gauge in your hands