Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

people these days.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 AM
electricrc68
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default people these days.....

okay well my mom, my grandma and i were all on our way to the grocery store. well we parked of course, and we started walking. this lady with her 3 sons and 1 daughter comes walking out, and her daughter who looked about my age starts complaining. well the lady who was their mom just says "YOU SHUT THE **** UP AND GET IN THE ****ING CAR!" i was thinking whoa there lady chill. parents these days don't know how to control their children. and the bad part was, 2 of the sons looked to be 7 years old. saying that in front of 7 year olds? thats just crazy!!! well there you have it. this is what people these days are like
Old 06-24-2011, 11:44 AM
tommygun32

Default RE: people these days.....

Ha....welcome to the real world electric.....

Come to Dubai some time and watch the antics....[:-]
Old 06-24-2011, 11:52 AM
electricrc68
Banned

sorry what are the antics?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:11 PM
elven wizard

We live in a dark world today
Old 06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
electricrc68
Banned

yes we do. why can't it be like the days when my dad was born.....he told me they could travel anywhere by foot and not worry about being killed or kidnapped. these days, its the opposite so sad.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Eman77

Yeah, that's the best. I'm at my 4 year old's ice skating class, watching. A fellow dad (who has another kid at his side, age 6 or so) is talking to a buddy. Couple of other little kids nearby. The dad is dropping F bombs and S- left and right like it's nothing. Not mad, just casual talk.

Now, I fully realize my kids will be saying that stuff at some point, but geez man - can you TRY and watch your mouth a bit while out in public around little kids? Especially if you're a dad, when you might be more conscious?!?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F that...

ORIGINAL: Eman77
can you TRY and watch your mouth a bit while out in public around little kids? Especially if you're a dad, when you might be more conscious?!?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:51 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Yeah, that's the best. I'm at my 4 year old's ice skating class, watching. A fellow dad (who has another kid at his side, age 6 or so) is talking to a buddy. Couple of other little kids nearby. The dad is dropping F bombs and S- left and right like it's nothing. Not mad, just casual talk.

Now, I fully realize my kids will be saying that stuff at some point, but geez man - can you TRY and watch your mouth a bit while out in public around little kids? Especially if you're a dad, when you might be more conscious?!?
haha i have seen that a ton also. i would never do that. i don't even say bad words at the age im at right now. well i type them though

Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 PM
tommygun32

Ahhh...but you know those words, eh?

It's just a different time, different era, different technology.....

Different world we live in than when I was growing up. And not necessarily for the best [&o]...

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

haha i have seen that a ton also. i would never do that. i don't even say bad words at the age im at right now. well i type them though

Old 06-24-2011, 02:12 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes you think what the world will be like for our kids...
Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Foxy

That will depend entirely on us. You can put the blame for devolution squarely on falling education standards and lazy parenting (sic: lack of discipline).
Old 06-24-2011, 02:17 PM
redfisher1974

I supose you are right Foxy, Hopefully I can show my kids the right path.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:42 PM
mechanizeddeath

I swore in front of my parents just once in my life. I learned my lesson, and even as an adult I would never repeat it.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:09 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

I swore in front of my parents just once in my life. I learned my lesson,
i know the feeling. i couldn't cuss in front of my parents until i was in my 20's and even then i had to have a good reason (like if i smacked my thumb with a hammer).

but on the flip side of that me and my friends cuss all the time. often in front of there kids, who's ages range from3 - 17. we can say it, the kids can't. they have been tought to hear it but not repeate it. the only thing that the parents get edgy about is sexual content. they don't like it when your talking about a threesome in front of there 12 year old daughter.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:31 PM
electricrc68
Banned

i never want to say any bad words. i get a weird feeling when i do.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Yeah, you shouldn't talk like that in front of kids, or hit them either ... They carry guns now!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:39 PM
MiamizFinest

okay well my mom, my grandma and i were all on our way to the grocery store. well we parked of course, and we started walking. this lady with her 3 sons and 1 daughter comes walking out, and her daughter who looked about my age starts complaining. well the lady who was their mom just says ''YOU SHUT THE **** UP AND GET IN THE ****ING CAR!'' i was thinking whoa there lady chill. parents these days don't know how to control their children. and the bad part was, 2 of the sons looked to be 7 years old. saying that in front of 7 year olds? thats just crazy!!! well there you have it. this is what people these days are like
That's just another day in the life down here in miami............ Not to crazy......crazy is the asswhiping's unleased on toddlers at walmart,kmart,target ect ect
Old 06-25-2011, 04:39 AM
GerKonig

okay well my mom, my grandma and i were all on our way to the grocery store. well we parked of course, and we started walking. this lady with her 3 sons and 1 daughter comes walking out, and her daughter who looked about my age starts complaining. well the lady who was their mom just says ''YOU SHUT THE **** UP AND GET IN THE ****ING CAR!'' i was thinking whoa there lady chill. parents these days don't know how to control their children. and the bad part was, 2 of the sons looked to be 7 years old. saying that in front of 7 year olds? thats just crazy!!! well there you have it. this is what people these days are like

I think it is very sad. Last winter I stopped at a light, and next to me there was a fat lady driving, a baby strapped in a child seat at the back, and next to the baby a 4-5 year old. The lady was yelling like possessed to the older kid. On the left and she had a cigarette, on the right (remember we are stopped) a soda can. You barely could see inside her car due to the smoke (being winter she just had cracked open her window).

I think we have a serious problem with education in our country. Education in what? In everything. Starting with sex education, and from then on. We do have a obesity problem in this country and only educating people this will be reversed. I just came back from Spain and France and I can tell you they do not have this problem! Now, to make things worse, in our country they are cutting funds on education. Kids get the education from 3 sources, a) school, b) parents and family c) the people that surround them. Now if the parents are idiots and feed the kids fried chicken with fries every day, and pizza, and do not know how to behave in public (like you mentioned). Guess what? That is what the kids will learn. It is a sad state of affairs... Junk food is not a misnomer:-)

Not long I saw a little kid ruining (squashing with his little hands bags of sliced bread. The mother 10 feet away, indifferent. Not a worry in the world. You cannot blame a toddler for his actions. People need desperately to get educated, and I do not see this happening. You just see a generation of idiots reproducing, and creating another generation of the same. The apple never falls far from the tree. Yes there are exceptions to this catch 99, I wish we could work on having more exceptions happening:-)

Gerry

Old 06-25-2011, 06:09 AM
electricrc68
Banned

yeah i find it rare to find good parenting these days. my parents are good, but once you go out to the store or somewhere, you see all of these bad parents out there screaming bad words and such.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:18 AM
redfisher1974

2012 should sort all this out.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:23 AM
electricrc68
Banned

lol wow.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:55 AM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

You know I own the Brooklyn bridge. If you are interested I can sell it to you!

Je je

Gerry
Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Fuel Crazy
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

You know I own the Brooklyn bridge. If you are interested I can sell it to you!

Je je

Gerry
you dont say! I have some ocean front property in arkansas... interested in a trade?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:13 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

"Would you Fxxxing axxxxxls stop fxxxx those fxxxx jackhammers! I got fxxxxx kids in the house that are trying to fxxxxx watch Dora The Fxxing Explorer"!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54455.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1627414  
Old 06-25-2011, 08:18 AM
DanMN

If language like that is used in front of my 3 boys (twins 9 and the other 10) I will ask that the people swearing please stop. If they ask why, I tell them calmly that if I don't ask them to stop my kids think that I am OK with it. It's just a matter of respecting other people. Don't get me wrong. I was in the military and did my fair share of f bombing and the like. I have chosen to stop since no one is lifted up by it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.