Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

my poor dog :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 03:11 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my poor dog :(

you have a dog with three legs? thats sad i hope she is okay. thats good that what you did worked and angers me that someone would crack glass on someone else's lawn.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:20 PM
rc awesome

My dog had to get his eye taken out because it had cancer in it several months ago. Its all healed up now, but right after it was taken out he had to wear one of those cones. Because he couldn't see out of one side he would ram into all sort of stuff with his cone on. It was kind of funny, but he (and I) couldn't wait for the thing to come off.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

you have a dog with three legs? thats sad i hope she is okay. thats good that what you did worked and angers me that someone would crack glass on someone else's lawn.
yea found out she had cancer in december, taken off in january. Only other options were let her die a painful death, or euthanasia... So we went with loss of leg.
Hasn't really slowed her down much in all honesty. Hell the specialty center said she was running around less than 3 hours after surgery(they were kinda shocked actually)

As for the bottle they cracked it in the alley and it went under the gate (problem with living in a poor part of a big city, broken bottles around here is not uncommon in the slightest). They were probably drunk, and high when they did it(seen it too often)
Old 07-25-2011, 03:43 PM
electricrc68
Banned

rc awesome- man that sucks! i wish your dog well. we have my dogs cone off right now, but we are keeping a close eye on him.

syco venom- of course...cancer always takes something i would have chosen the loss of the leg also. you should try and relocate as soon as you can so you can get out of that part of the city.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

oh my God you posted this on an RC forum.........oh wait that is what everyone is saying about he Amy Dumba** post in the same category
Old 07-25-2011, 04:15 PM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

electricrc68, don't use peroxide it will just dry it out more and make it worse. It also inhibits healing. Wash it with mild soap (hand soap works great) rinse it and use an antibiotic ointment (not cream) like Neosporin. After it is mostly healed get some Bag Balm and apply it a couple times a day until it is fully healed.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:20 PM
electricrc68
Banned

okay thanks. but i heard of people using peroxide and saying it worked fine. but if it doesn't work out, then we are going to be getting some of the ointment that the veterinarian sells. i will think about what you said though.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:24 PM
electricrc68
Banned

well im not sure this is true, but i heard hydrogen peroxide can also kill the flesh? is this true? because if it is, im going to need to tell my dad and get him to call the vet and ask them.....
Old 07-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Bruno Stachel
My Feedback: (4)

Peroxide is only good for cleaning and disinfecting a wound. The Neosporin ointment will stay around, kill bacteria, and promote healing. After the paw heals, Vaseline will help prevent future cracking.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:30 PM
electricrc68
Banned

really? okay thanks. i will look into the neosporin idea. how would i apply it? with a piece of cotton? thats how i apply the peroxide.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:42 PM
telejojo

Looks like he partied too hard last night and wound up with a lamp shade on his head
Old 07-25-2011, 05:53 PM
electricrc68
Banned

i guess so. LOL
Old 07-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Bruno Stachel
My Feedback: (4)

Electricrc68, cotton or Qtips would probably work. Neosporin ointment is similar to Vaseline in consistency.

To be honest, I'd consider taking him to the vet, especially if he's having pain. Not trying to scare you, but I'm a bit of worrywart.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:04 PM
electricrc68
Banned

okay thanks. i really want to take him to the vet but my dad thinks he "knows what he is doing" 
Old 07-25-2011, 06:51 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

OK dog lovers ... Put some neosporin anti bacterial ontiment on it .. Wrap litghtly with gauze , put sock over that .  When  it's healed , keep all the pads in good shape with a product called Corn Huskers Lotion .  I hunt pheasants a lot with my dog and running through some of the brush really tears them up .  When the pads get dried up they split .  The lotion allows them to remain flexible .
Old 07-25-2011, 06:55 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

One more thing , DO NOT GIVE ASPRIN to your dog , If hes in pain go to your vet  . Asprin will burn a hole in the lining of the stomach , then your dog will bleed internaly .  Then you will really have trouble on your hands
Old 07-25-2011, 06:56 PM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Peroxide does kill the newly forming flesh. It won't do any real harm, just make it take longer to heal. for any non life threatening wound, tap water and mild soap is the best way to clean it. After that keep some antibiotic ointment on it keep it covered and it should heal just fine. Things to watch for, loss of appetite, lethargy and increased pain and swelling. If he seems to be getting worse then definitely take him to the vet.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:11 PM
electricrc68
Banned

okay thanks guys. my dad just talked to my aunt on the phone and he mentioned this situation to her (they have 2 dogs) and she said when her one dog gets these, then what they do is buy this special ointment (forget what its called) and apply it to the wound. she said it works great and heals amazingly fast. so my dad and i are going to pick some of that up from the pet store or vet. (i really feel like i should know this stuff since i want to be a veterinarian)....
Old 07-25-2011, 08:48 PM
rcmichael
My Feedback: (21)

I hope your lab heals well! I really encourage you to take him to the vet. I have alot of experience with labs, and the foot tear can be very serious believe it or not. If the area looks wet it may indicate a fungal infection or worse. Not trying to scare you, I have dealt with this many times. I currently have a yellow lab named brandy. Labs are great dogs! Oh by the way antibiotic ointment on all pads of his bad foot may help. I put an old sock on my lab and tape it so brandy can't easily get the sock 0ff! Best wishes!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:57 PM
jessiej

As one poster mentioned Peroxide is OK for initial claning of the wound, but continued use does damage the healing flesh. An antibiotic sl=alve ig good. Put it on with a Q-Tip or even your ( clean) finger.
Its great that you are taking good care of your pup! Please keep us posted on the recovery.

jess
Old 07-26-2011, 07:16 AM
electricrc68
Banned

okay thanks guys! we stopped using the peroxide and my dad and i are going to be picking up some ointment for it. i will keep you guys posted on the recovery of my little brother. (yes i call him my little brother )
Old 07-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Tjettzky

Best of luck to your dog. I 2nd (or 12th at this point) the Neosporin-type ointments and also won't argue against the wrapping and socking the paw as long as you keep the wrappings fresh. However, best of luck with the Bitter Apple. We bought some when we first adopted our dog and it turns out she enjoys the taste...
Old 07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
electricrc68
Banned

okay thanks. we are probably not going to use bitter apple. he doesn't touch it without the elizabethan collar on either.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 AM
angelrcdesign
My Feedback: (40)

Get well puppy.... My dog want to play on the street but not anymore, He had the same thing.....We feel your pain!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 12:23 PM
electricrc68
Banned

thanks. my dog ripped his on the sidewalk it is very painful to see him like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.