Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Anyone Hookah?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:36 PM
tommygun32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Hookah?

I simply used the word 'bad' (in quotation marks) as a metaphor trying to explain to proanti that he'd confused Hashish with Sheesha.

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

It's most assuredly not called hashish out here. That would be the 'bad' stuff and get you landed in a very dodgy prison cell (out here). In the Middle East they call it Shisha or Sheesha. That is the wet/sticky leaf tobacco that comes in different flavors and smoked through a hooka pipe.

To answer Shark's original question, no, I don't, it makes me want to smoke more cigarettes.

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

is there any other device like a traditional pipe that i can use to smoke hookah tobacco , ? , seen the tobacco at my shop here 50oz for $6 and thats really cheap
You are not really smoking Hookah tobacco (actually called hashish). You are vaporizing it. With a hookah, there is a ceramic bowl on the top, you lay down some foil, poke some holes, then put a huge wad of the hashish on it. You then cover the hashish with more foil, poke some holes, then put a charcoal on top. The heat from the charcoal vaporizes the oils and flavors, but doesn't do anything to the actual tobacco, it's just there to add some flavor. The vapor being pulled through is very hot because of the charcoal, so it needs to be pulled through water to cool down. Smoking tobacco is very dry, whereas hashish is almost like tobacco mixed with jam. You could probably try to smoke it through a bubbler or something, but it would probably taste like crap.
Ah, yes... shisha. I was mistaken.
[quote]ORIGINAL: basketballfan60123

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

It's most assuredly not called hashish out here. That would be the 'bad' stuff and get you landed in a very dodgy prison

Why is it bad stuff?
It (hashish or anything related to it) actually has medicinal value; a good friend of mine that lives in California has epilepsy and he uses it (hashish related stuff) to control his seizures.
As a matter of fact he uses a hookah with a few friends that have MS to smoke it and if you ask me I think the tobacco you use in a hookah is actually the bad stuff.
It maybe illegal where you are but in CA and 10+ other states it's been decriminalized for medicinal purposes so it's definately (Except for what the federal gov thinks) not bad stuff.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:31 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

back on subject, im now smoking melon- pretty good, reminds me of watermelon bubble gum.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:02 AM
mechanizeddeath

It's been a couple years, but I have in the past. One of my former coworkers had a couple of the devices and used them regularly during parties and small social gatherings. I enjoyed it, and if I had more disposable income I would look into purchasing one for my own parties.

There used to be a lounge of sorts nearby where you could go to smoke hookah and buy everything related to it. I noticed it isn't there anymore, I think it may have been killed by the smoking ban. It's been replaced by a new bar that allegedly draws crime and violence to the area.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

It's been a couple years, but I have in the past. One of my former coworkers had a couple of the devices and used them regularly during parties and small social gatherings. I enjoyed it, and if I had more disposable income I would look into purchasing one for my own parties.

There used to be a lounge of sorts nearby where you could go to smoke hookah and buy everything related to it. I noticed it isn't there anymore, I think it may have been killed by the smoking ban. It's been replaced by a new bar that allegedly draws crime and violence to the area.
you can get most everything online lots cheaper. and can almost always find coal and shisha tobacco at all tobacco stores.

dont like bars at all, there is one by me that is bad news.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:58 AM
carlbellybutton10

[/quote]
You are not really smoking Hookah tobacco (actually called hashish). You are vaporizing it. With a hookah, there is a ceramic bowl on the top, you lay down some foil, poke some holes, then put a huge wad of the hashish on it. You then cover the hashish with more foil, poke some holes, then put a charcoal on top. The heat from the charcoal vaporizes the oils and flavors, but doesn't do anything to the actual tobacco, it's just there to add some flavor. The vapor being pulled through is very hot because of the charcoal, so it needs to be pulled through water to cool down. Smoking tobacco is very dry, whereas hashish is almost like tobacco mixed with jam. You could probably try to smoke it through a bubbler or something, but it would probably taste like crap.
[/quote]

Not to stray away from the topic but hashish is a form of concentrated marijuana. Shisha is the word you were looking for now back on topic, I have smoked shisha before, and i liked it for the social aspect. I also smoke cigars but only really smoke with friends as a chill out thing.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:30 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright, I've had to remove numerous posts with references to illicit drugs. That sort of discussion (even in jest) is strictly againt the rules.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:53 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

Sorry to disagree with you but why not remove t the entire discussion period?
It's okay to talk about tobacco and alcohol (which are just as much drugs as the posts you removed) on this forum but when it comes to medicine that helps people it's against the rules and what was discussed is only an illicit drug to the federal government.
The day that was posted "rcken"was online in fact he was viewing the posts in he did not seem to have a problem with them.
If you are doing this because kids view the forum also I guess we are letting them know that it's okay to use tobacco and alcohol.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:50 PM
basketballfan60123

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Alright, I've had to remove numerous posts with references to illicit drugs. That sort of discussion (even in jest) is strictly againt the rules.
Your doing a fantastic job; keep it up.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:57 PM
basketballfan60123

ORIGINAL: sheograth

So it's okay for my kids to use alcohol an drugs?
Old 09-11-2011, 08:23 PM
basketballfan60123

You tell him.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77372.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1660887