Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 121 of 678 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221621 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 16941

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Lounge: Version 4.0

How much air do you usually catch when snowboarding? (on a big jump)

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Yes sir
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

And a questionable 10k oil change interval... great to shorten the engine life of the car... that's exactly what the dealers want!!

(LB and his conspiracy theory.. !)
    HAY, THATS MY JOB!!!!!!!! MY SIG SAYS SO! scab...
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys!
    America lovin\'\', , rebel flag flyin\'\' southern rocker.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Idk I would say about 30 feet? 35-40 at the sweet spot. The ones at the bottom are bigger. Gambler is about 60+ feet I would guess. Ive taken speed checks on it and all you see is sky. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki18672.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	1721445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz77907.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	1721446  
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
    Slash 1/16 - DB-01 - TT-01 - RC18B and a Super Cub!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lee172

New season of Top Gear FTW! [8D]
    I watched it yesterday and it was pretty awesome!
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
    Slash 1/16 - DB-01 - TT-01 - RC18B and a Super Cub!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1 more day..............1 more day...........
    Avante2011,Tundra,TT01,Amax,Blackfoot,MB,Hilux Racer,Durga,TA01,02,03,Nitrage5.2,959,E801XT,801X, RC8 Family,and alot more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like the Ax10 line has been discontinued, I should pick up some parts for mine before they vanish.
    Avante2011,Tundra,TT01,Amax,Blackfoot,MB,Hilux Racer,Durga,TA01,02,03,Nitrage5.2,959,E801XT,801X, RC8 Family,and alot more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like the new Tamiya Bruiser will have the old school metal chassis, transmission, possibly lockable axle... It should be pretty sweet!! [X(]
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Depending on the price, I might get that when it comes out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, my comment was that I think 10k miles between oil change on non-synthetic is a little bit long... but the dealers want your cars to break down after the warranty period, so...
    Maybe, but it's written everywhere in their manual, etc. I've never seen that before. I get the conspiracy idea, but it doesn't make sense to me - we've put on nearly 20k miles in a year on that thing, so we would expose problems w/the 10k oil change theory while still under warranty I'd think...?

Plus, if they did that just to make it brake down, then Honda's rep would take a massive hit (i.e., everyone following the dealer suggested maintenance intervals, and everyone having big engine problems). If anything, they'd be better off telling you every 2k miles so they get more oil change $$ out of you, and see you more often and the dealer to push the "other" maintenance things they overdo (like re-charge the flux capacitor, etc).
    DT02-MS | Stadium Thunder | TT Frog | TRF 801XT | CR-01 | F-150 | CRT.5 | T-Egg | Jrx2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am sure it will be $$$.. [:@]

ORIGINAL: The Collector1

Depending on the price, I might get that when it comes out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would say around $5 - $600,but I think its going to be the price of 2 high lifts[X(][X(][X(]. I hope Im wrong.........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is that Avante Black Special down to $250 yet?
    DT02-MS | Stadium Thunder | TT Frog | TRF 801XT | CR-01 | F-150 | CRT.5 | T-Egg | Jrx2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My conspiracy theory is that they want your car to last 60k miles.. out of warranty, dealer / Honda off the hook.. not your car to last 250k miles..

Neglect maintenance won't kill your car right away.. but often time, on these wear and tear type of item, is a slow death...

I remember my dad's 1990 Dodge Dynasty.. (before I am somewhat aware of car maintenance and such) The dealer never recommended changing the transmission fluid. Oil change, yes.. transmission fluid, not really. We didn't know better back then. The car was always dealer serviced. The engine was no problem after 80k miles or so. The tranny gave out. We never serviced the tranny. 80k miles.. oh yeah.. out of warranty. We ended up just have the car towed away. Not worth it to spend the money on a car like that.

I am sure with the manufacturing process nowadays, things have tighter tolerance.. oil are of better quality.. so I am sure things last longer nowadays. I bet if you have never serviced your Honda's transmission, it will last 100k miles+. Might not run the best but it will be drivable beyond 100k miles. And to many, it is more than enough. (People don't keep the cars long enough to matter) But I think there will be a difference in terms of the internal wear and tear if you compare a transmission that has the fluid changed every 30k miles vs. never, at the 100k miles mark. (Even if both are still "functional")

Same for engine. I think a 10k oil change interval is fine. Most people drive on freeway and don't rev the engine that high anyway. But I guess I just don't like to take the chance. For $20, I'd do the oil change every 5k miles. Again, just me.

To be really scientific, what one should do is really send the oil sample to lab such as Blackstone (http://www.blackstone-labs.com/). Once you do that a few times, you would know what would be the most economic way interval to do the oil change. Obviously, this probably applies more for people who run a fleet of trucks and such that use tons and tons of miles and maintenance cost is significant enough portion of the operating expenses. For me, I just play on the safer side.

Regarding what's recommended by the manual. Manufacturers are under pressure from both marketing and EPA perspectives, I think.. you want to market your vehicle as "little maintenance is required" and you want to show EPA that you generate less waste. To me, it is a conflict of interest. I see a lot of BMWs that have "life time fill" transmission. Must be some sort of magic fluid. A lot of cars nowadays are not meant to be kept for a long time. They are disposables.

Like I said, it probably does not matter for most as most people don't really keep cars that long anyway.. I mean, who keeps a 250k miles Toyota nowadays.. !! UPGRADE FTW!!

ORIGINAL: Eman77

Maybe, but it's written everywhere in their manual, etc. I've never seen that before. I get the conspiracy idea, but it doesn't make sense to me - we've put on nearly 20k miles in a year on that thing, so we would expose problems w/the 10k oil change theory while still under warranty I'd think...?

Plus, if they did that just to make it brake down, then Honda's rep would take a massive hit (i.e., everyone following the dealer suggested maintenance intervals, and everyone having big engine problems). If anything, they'd be better off telling you every 2k miles so they get more oil change $$ out of you, and see you more often and the dealer to push the ''other'' maintenance things they overdo (like re-charge the flux capacitor, etc).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We will find out soon.. at least it is not just a Bruiser shell on a current 3-speed chassis!!

I would say around $5 - $600,but I think its going to be the price of 2 high lifts[X(][X(][X(]. I hope Im wrong.........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good points LB, thanks for sharing your thoughts. It had crossed my mind to switch to synthetic anyway (since we to a pretty good sized pop up camper in the summer multiple times), plus I like the "comfort" of synthetic (playing it safe, like you do).

Some things to consider for sure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You guys see the bruiser pics (shell on for now):
    http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58519

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We will find out soon.. at least it is not just a Bruiser shell on a current 3-speed chassis!!

Thats true, I dont think I would have bought it since I have 2 hilifts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is that Avante Black Special down to $250 yet?

I dont think that will happen anytime soon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

$1300 list price.. yikes.. gonna be like $700 when it hits the street.. [:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So thats 2 Avantes???[X(] I dont know if I can swallow that one

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, but like I said, for people who turn their cars in after 3 yrs.. this is never an issue.. I am a sentimental type of freak.. (I plan to keep my cars / bike forever... ha!) So I maintain things as if I am going to keep them forever.. (to me, that just seems like the "right things to do") Although obviously I am not throwing tons of money into my Toyota.. i.e., there's small oil leaks out of the engine, so be it, it is not affecting the running of the car, I am not going to spend a lot of money working on it.. to make it "perfect", but still try to do most of the stuff that I can do easily..

Synthetic vs. conventional oil.. I think at the end of the day, they somehow cost about the same.. say, if you do the synthetic oil once every 10k miles vs. regular oil once every 5k miles.. but of course, if you use synthetic oil every 5k miles, then it costs more.. (or change almost 10 qt. of synthetic oil every 4 track days.. it adds up quickly.. ha!)

For towing, it puts more strain on the transmission so I would definitely recommend doing more frequent fluid change on the transmission.. and if possible, add an oil cooler to it (if it does not have one yet)

But yeah, when I see those "free maintenance" program, I always feel uneasy about it.. I remember when my friend bought his BMW 3-series, I told him to get the engine flushed after 2-3k miles.. He said that since the dealer gives "free" maintenance, they want him to show up when the warning light / reminder light tells him to bring it in.. and it could be like 15k miles.. ha.. I told him if he wants to keep the car, please just pay it out of his own pocket and get it changed... LOL! It is a total conflict of interest, obviously.. the dealer / car company want to pay as little as possible on the maintenance.. and once the car is out of warranty, they can careless.. if things break, you will have to pay for the repair.. !!

Good points LB, thanks for sharing your thoughts. It had crossed my mind to switch to synthetic anyway (since we to a pretty good sized pop up camper in the summer multiple times), plus I like the ''comfort'' of synthetic (playing it safe, like you do).

Some things to consider for sure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Too rich for my blood.

I'm OUT!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sure is $$$... [:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Too rich for my blood.

I'm OUT!

Your no fun........