Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 259 of 657 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 16415

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Lounge: Version 4.0

You're right - it's crazy how young they are compared to other athletes in the Olympics. And the pressure is sure poured on them.
    DT02-MS | Stadium Thunder | TT Frog | TRF 801XT | CR-01 | F-150 | CRT.5 | T-Egg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

McKayla Maroney is a bad *****.. I hope she wins an individual gold..
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm 14 (A "Little Kid" then I suppose haha).. I don't see the pressure though. I think there would be less. Try to do good I suppose[&:]

SCX10 Hilux - Kyosho DRX - SCX10 6x6 - DF03Ra - M03 - Kyosho Turbo Ultima

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

I'm 14 (A ''Little Kid'' then I suppose haha).. I don't see the pressure though. I think there would be less. Try to do good I suppose[&:]

I'm thinking the pressure is this:
    ~Your country dumped a whole ton of money into training you with the best trainers in the country, the best facilities in the country
    ~You spend most/all of your free time doing this. Just this. I'm not exaggerating either (some countries are more hardcore than others, but it's nuts - one Chinese male gymnast was home for a total of 17 days since 2009 or something wacky like that).
    ~You compete nonstop in events - national championships, world championships, you name it. It's not like they only compete around Olympic time. They're doing it quite a bit.
    ~You never really lose, or aren't used to losing. One US girl has a stat like "hasn't lost in ANY competition in 2 years". So you are used to winning at that level. Anything else is failure.
    ~The entire world is watching the Olympics (well, a bunch of us anyway)
    ~Your country reminds you a few more times about how you represent them, you cost them $$, if you fail, it reflects poorly on the country (again, not all countries are like this...but some sure are)

So when you do a little "oops" on the biggest stage of your life at age 14....yeah, you might be a bit upset about it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am not even talking about the pressure from the country, etc. For me, it is just that you got 1 chance, to represent what you did for your whole life.. kind of deal.. And you are a kid, hasn't gone through the grind of life yet..

You did well -> national / world hero
    You slip -> you probably won't have another chance because the next Olympic is 4 yrs away and you probably won't make the team by then

Wa! [X(]
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Didn't think about how obsessive those parents are... they're the ones who give them the pressure of course.

So yes, much much pressure.

SCX10 Hilux - Kyosho DRX - SCX10 6x6 - DF03Ra - M03 - Kyosho Turbo Ultima

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

she's mostly moved in. it's a very small apartment, maybe 100sq/ft larger than my room at most (then again, my room is 600-750sq/ft) but the space is well managed. we had a hell of a time getting their couch in because it's a ~8' long hide-a-bed and i'm pretty sure it still had the mattress in it[&:] so it weighed at least 80 pounds, the stares were steep (although they arent very far apart which helped a lot) and the pathways are narrow. the most anoying thing was the bed kept trying to pop out so it got hung up on the wall[:@]. their bed was easy, the frame was in 2 pieces and her bf was tall enough that we could bring the box spring in through the balcony and the mattress was light and flexable enough to take up the steps. the hardest part was a dresser. it was heavy (not much lighter than the couch), the drawers tried coming out (he didnt want to take them out for some reason) and it broke 2 or 3 times while moving it. i did all of this on no sleep. she still thinks she's keeping he car
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

McKayla Maroney is a bad *****.. I hope she wins an individual gold..
    No doubt. The vault is pretty impressive stuff!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cumquat

she's mostly moved in. it's a very small apartment, maybe 100sq/ft larger than my room at most (then again, my room is 600-750sq/ft) but the space is well managed. we had a hell of a time getting their couch in because it's a ~8' long hide-a-bed and i'm pretty sure it still had the mattress in it[&:] so it weighed at least 80 pounds, the stares were steep (although they arent very far apart which helped a lot) and the pathways are narrow. the most anoying thing was the bed kept trying to pop out so it got hung up on the wall[:@]. their bed was easy, the frame was in 2 pieces and her bf was tall enough that we could bring the box spring in through the balcony and the mattress was light and flexable enough to take up the steps. the hardest part was a dresser. it was heavy (not much lighter than the couch), the drawers tried coming out (he didnt want to take them out for some reason) and it broke 2 or 3 times while moving it. i did all of this on no sleep. she still thinks she's keeping he car
    How it the world is your bedroom 600-750 sq ft?
    Clod Buster | Sludge Hammer | Blue Streak | Revo | Baja | CR-01 | FG MT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why not?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

about 15' wide, 50' long. i have the entire upstairs, however it is more of a finished attic and the ceiling is tapered (the highest point is about 6'3" and 4' wide, then the taper starts. the south taper is shorter than the north. south wall is 4'4", north wall is 3'something. lots of floor space, not much standing space

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Attic FTW...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

about 15' wide, 50' long. i have the entire upstairs, however it is more of a finished attic and the ceiling is tapered (the highest point is about 6'3'' and 4' wide, then the taper starts. the south taper is shorter than the north. south wall is 4'4'', north wall is 3'something. lots of floor space, not much standing space
    Sounds a little like the room my brother and I shared growing up. Is it a "Cape Cod" style home?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

about 15' wide, 50' long. i have the entire upstairs, however it is more of a finished attic and the ceiling is tapered (the highest point is about 6'3'' and 4' wide, then the taper starts. the south taper is shorter than the north. south wall is 4'4'', north wall is 3'something. lots of floor space, not much standing space
    Gotcha....

Mine is like 12x15 or something at home. And a little bigger at my Apartment.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Eman77

Sounds a little like the room my brother and I shared growing up. Is it a ''Cape Cod'' style home?
    had no clue what a cape cod style looked like so i googled it. spittin' image. ours lacks the front upper windows but overall, same style. my mom says it's actually 2 bedrooms up here but there is no actual door separating the 2 areas, just a dividing wall to the left of the stairs. once i get this joint cleaned, carpeted and furnished, i'll post pics. the west side (left of stairs) is the larger area and sits above the kitchen and living room (the stair door is in the living room), that'll remain my bedroom. the space to the right will be my work area and home theater (nothing much, just an 80" plasma, Harman Kardon 7.1 receiver, Bose speakers, htpc with dual xion e5-2690s, 2 nvidia 690s in sli, 3x 1tb PIC-E x4 ssd and 8 bluray burners, a logitech harmony 1100 universal remote and real fancy home theater seats with built in speakers, radio tuner, mini fridge and massage function).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's a pretty fast 911 turbo there.. need a wheelie bar.. ha!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfcIjWwBzM&hd=1[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

had no clue what a cape cod style looked like so i googled it. spittin' image. ours lacks the front upper windows but overall, same style. my mom says it's actually 2 bedrooms up here but there is no actual door separating the 2 areas, just a dividing wall to the left of the stairs. once i get this joint cleaned, carpeted and furnished, i'll post pics. the west side (left of stairs) is the larger area and sits above the kitchen and living room (the stair door is in the living room), that'll remain my bedroom. the space to the right will be my work area and home theater (nothing much, just an 80'' plasma, Harman Kardon 7.1 receiver, Bose speakers, htpc with dual xion e5-2690s, 2 nvidia 690s in sli, 3x 1tb PIC-E x4 ssd and 8 bluray burners, a logitech harmony 1100 universal remote and real fancy home theater seats with built in speakers, radio tuner, mini fridge and massage function).
    Yeah, nothing much. Pretty weak if you ask me. You'll be living like a cave-man.

...seriously though, your house layout sounds a lot like my mom's. It's not exactly a "cape cod" like I googled, but similar enough. The upstairs was storage/attic type space, that they later finished when we got a little older and moved up there. Ventilation is weak up there though (freeze in the winter, too hot in summer), but ok enough that I survived. Probably was never insulated well enough either.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

That's a pretty fast 911 turbo there.. need a wheelie bar.. ha!

Holy crap! Was he wheelie-ing with each gearshift too?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RWD + rear engine = wheelie.. ha!

Yeah, it was lifting up when he shifts...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

had no clue what a cape cod style looked like so i googled it. spittin' image. ours lacks the front upper windows but overall, same style. my mom says it's actually 2 bedrooms up here but there is no actual door separating the 2 areas, just a dividing wall to the left of the stairs. once i get this joint cleaned, carpeted and furnished, i'll post pics. the west side (left of stairs) is the larger area and sits above the kitchen and living room (the stair door is in the living room), that'll remain my bedroom. the space to the right will be my work area and home theater (nothing much, just an 80'' plasma, Harman Kardon 7.1 receiver, Bose speakers, htpc with dual xion e5-2690s, 2 nvidia 690s in sli, 3x 1tb PIC-E x4 ssd and 8 bluray burners, a logitech harmony 1100 universal remote and real fancy home theater seats with built in speakers, radio tuner, mini fridge and massage function).

If it's got no Hi's or no Low's it must be Bose. AKA Bose are crap. There are much better brands in the same price range.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Let's make this an Olympic event, yo!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNVkXNdH2mA[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If it's got no Hi's or no Low's it must be Bose. AKA Bose are crap. There are much better brands in the same price range.
    Hehe, I've got a pair of 701s at home that I've had for...what...16 years? First bought them for music (got them at a great price....back then MIT alumni got good discounts on Bose products, FYI...and I knew one), and for the parties we threw in our house, they were fantastic. They handle it very well when you crank it up, and I loved 'em.

But since then I got married, family, etc, and we kept them. I did sort of a "poor man's" home theater just to use them, and for a front left/right home theater speaker, I know they're far from ideal. They sound ok in this situation, although I turn 'em down a bit and crank up the center channel to compensate. But, with home theater $$ not being a top priority, they've stuck around.

Some day I should replace them with proper front channel speakers. [&:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used to be quite into home theater.. it is weird.. nowadays, I don't even have a good TV.. and when I watch movies, I just use the speaker from the TV..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I enjoy a good home theater, and like turning mine on for movies - in spite of my poorly selected mish-mash of components, it sounds pretty good. Of course it could be way better. But revamping the old home theater costs a few $$, and that's just not where we want to spend $$ right now. $150 for an RC from me? Sure, that's in my spending budget. Re-vamp our home audio? Err....that'll cost a bit more. [:@]

I dunno...maybe I can get decent $$ for the speakers I have now, and switch over to better-suited speakers for my setup. I mean, they're old, but in superb condition.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, I definitely sense the priority shifting (of myself)...