Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 565 of 641 FirstFirst ... 65465515555563564565566567575615 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,125 of 16011

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I dont have cable either. But thats a pretty cool concept on that video!!!
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
    Slash 1/16 - DB-01 - TT-01 - RC18B and a Super Cub!

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    My news: I just bought one of these...I hope I don't regret it, but I just have to know what a 630oz-in servo is like.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...o-High-Voltage

It's going in a world class 2.2 comp crawler build I've been working on for some time. Should be ideal
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Might as well start to build a 1:1 model for that servo Foxy lol
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    A lot of torque, yo!! Good enough for 1/5th!
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I hear crawler legends saying that the 500oz-in+ servos will lift the entire car on a wheel if it's lodged, that would be interesting to see.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sounds good, ha ha!

Got any pics of your crawler, Foxy?
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Not ready yet, but there most certainly will be a thread, this is the most serious build I've ever taken on, being a kit man in general, that doesn't really say a lot, but suffice it to say no expense spared, virtually every nut and bolt bought separately, it's taking a long time to round everything up and get it delivered to Eastern Europe, but it won't be long now.

I might post a teaser in the coming days.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Nice, looking forward to it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    So what are you looking at as far as a total cost for this build Foxy?
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Not sure. Over 1500 including electrics but not including radio, delivery charges or taxes. Will total it all up at the time of posting.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    All the parts for my new PC build have been ordered. Giddy like a school girl and a lot of money gone.
    Clod Buster | Sludge Hammer | Blue Streak | Revo | Baja | CR-01 | FG MT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ordered a new desktop from Costco for my niece.. a XPS8700.. nothing fancy like custom stuff that you guys build, however.. but should be plenty for a high school kid..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFire989 View Post
    Fast n Loud is a bit cheesy, but yet I watch it cause it's a car show.

I love wheeler dealers.
    Cheesy? Nah. I mean, they play it up and all, but The Bearded Wonder is just awesome.
    DT02-MS | Stadium Thunder | TT Frog | TRF 801XT | CR-01 | F-150 | CRT.5 | T-Egg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Jump to 3:03 for the actual driving, 4:07 for funnies, and 8:30 for flying car.

Quote Originally Posted by cumminspower5.9 View Post
    Might as well start to build a 1:1 model for that servo Foxy lol
    If you fail to plan, then plan to fail.

Evader ST | TL-01 MT | Micro BL SCT | Radian | Alias | MCX2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Had an encounter with 3 aggressive pit bulls. The things were digging at landscape and around yard.

About a half hour ago, I was riding the dirt bike around the yard, and the neighbors pit bulls (three) got out of his shock collar zone, dug around our yard and was chasing me around. I had to kick it and shoot dirt by goosing the throttle at him multiple times to get him to fall back and stop biting at my jeans and shoes. Yamaha TTR125 saved my jeans. Finally, I parked the dirt bike, and rode my pedal bike over to tell him that his dogs were out. On the way over, the dog kept attacking my tire on my bicycle. He would run up to it while I would be going 10-13mph and put his entire mouth around the outside part of the rim around the tire. Then when the tire would roll down to the ground his head would slam on the ground, and he'd pull it out before it got run over. He did that literally about 50 times on the way over there and back all together. On the way over, it was so bad, that I stopped my bike in the road. (We live on a dirt road, so there is like no traffic, maybe one car will go by (a neighbor usually) an hour) I shouted at the stupid dog, cussed at him, and kicked him as he went for my tire some more. Then I got hot and threw my bike in the ditch, kicked the dog through the air, and off the road, and then stood there yelling and telling the damn things to go home. Well, I made it to the door, knocked, and no one answered. So I was heading home with the stupid things following me again and grabbing at my tire, when the neighbors wife came out on to the porch and began calling for the dogs. All three left eventually and I rode up to tell her. In the last month, the neighbor across the road from the ones with the pit bulls, had natural gas put in, where they had to dig up the road to connect it to the main pipe which was on the neighbors with the pit bulls side of the road. We think that when they dug up his side of the road which lead about 10 feet off the road into the grass where the main pipe runs, they dug up and cut the neighbor with the pit bulls electric fence wire. So anything past the part of the fence was not powered, thus how the dogs could pass through that area. (Which we've seen them do many of times in the past couple weeks.) Anyway, I told her what we thought about the line being cut. Then I went home, and she put the dogs inside. On my way home, I found that my tire was popped, the tire had multiple teeth marks in it, and a big scratch in the rim. Not sure now if I should make him pay for a new tire and tube. I can fix the rim though...

I can now say, I was attacked by, and fought off three aggressive pit bulls! Ha!
    If you fail to plan, then plan to fail.

Evader ST | TL-01 MT | Micro BL SCT | Radian | Alias | MCX2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman77 View Post
    That's very cool. I thought I saw something like this used on a car show I watch - either Fast N Loud or Wheeler Dealers. Fascinating process.

I'm getting this done to my new buggy body. I found a place where you mail it in, and they hydro-dip it for ya.
    Last edited by collector1231; 12-05-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxer View Post
    Ordered a new desktop from Costco for my niece.. a XPS8700.. nothing fancy like custom stuff that you guys build, however.. but should be plenty for a high school kid..
    Extreme gaming, yo! Go big or go home!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by collector1231 View Post
    I'm getting this done to my new buggy body. I found a place where you mail it in, and they hydro-dip it for ya.
    Very cool. How much though? Gotta be expensive.
    DT02-MS | Stadium Thunder | TT Frog | TRF 801XT | CR-01 | F-150 | CRT.5 | T-Egg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    something just occurred to me. very few kids under 15 years old have ever had to clean the rollers of a mouse or seen a da15 game port. seems kind of weird to me. doesnt seem that long ago that we got our first optical mouse. it was just a relatively cheap Logitech that i convinced my grandpa to buy instead of another ball mouse when the previous mouse wore out. however this was 8 or 10 years ago. looking at the way things are heading, kids my nephew's might not even know what a mouse is! not as we know it anyway. this makes my think of how far tech has com over the past 150 years. at that point, horseless carriages were being built by scientists and engineers as a hobby and out of curiosity and guns were just obtaining magazines. flight was achieved only by birds and balloons and death by paper cut was a thing. now we can travel faster than the speed of sound on land and fly to the moon. in 15 seconds we can put 100 holes in a pumpkin and reattach whole limbs. i wonder what we will be capable of in another 150 years...
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I was having this conversation with someone yesterday. I asked him if he realised that if I had told him only 5 years ago, that you will be able to order Dominos from a device as powerful as a laptop, held in the palm of your hand, pay electronically if you like, and after ordering without interaction, could follow the progress of your pizza to your door, that he would have laughed at me.

Now I realise that's not exactly the most ground breaking technological advance over the last few years (tablets, online ordering, etc), however, it is one of the ones that is obscure enough to have been difficult to anticipate.

I concluded the paragraph with "If you think you know what the world is going to be like in only 30 years from now, you are dead wrong. In only 30 years, there will have been further technological advances, which if they came now would blow your mind."

Then consider...if you express the approximate 2 billion year lifetime of this planet as a year, the 100,000 years approximately that humans have existed can be expressed as the last few minutes of December 31st. The last 5 years, a NANOSECOND. 50,000 years is a galactic milisecond, yet we have gone from grunting in caves to exploring our immediate neighbourhood in space in only twice that. Imagine where we'll be in another 50,000.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Assuming the human race still exists in 50 000 years. I have a feeling we will have to radically change the way we think and do things if we are to make it that far, for one there will be no more fossil fuels so everything will have to be run on renewable energy and over population will probably be something we have to deal with within most of our life times. If we as a species can learn how to cooperate instead of compete we might have a chance but I for one don't like our odds.
    Last edited by Large Larry; 12-06-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Large Larry View Post
    Assuming the human race still exists in 50 000 years. I have a feeling we will have to radically change the way we think and do things if we are to make it that far, for one there will be no more fossil fuels so everything will have to be run on renewable energy and over population will probably be something we have to deal with within most of our life times. If we as a species can learn how to cooperate instead of compete we might have a chance but I for one don't like our odds.
    I completely agree that we need to change dramatically if we are to survive, but fossil fuels are far from the real issue.

The world's population has tripled in 30 years. If we carry on at this rate, in another 30 years, there will not be enough clean water. Allegedly there are now more people alive than dead (in other words, more people alive now than have died in the last 100,000 years).

We are very fragile. Even if we do wake up and fix some of the major issues we have as a species, we will still have to be pretty lucky. Take heart from the fact that as I say, we've been around for 100 thousand years. The dinosaurs ruled the Earth for over 100 million before they were wiped out most likely by a cosmic event. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever, that we will not suffer the same fate. We will have colonised at least one other planet in the next thousand years, let alone million.

Our chances are good, but only if we survive technological adolescence and greed and don't blow ourselves to kingdom come.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The world's population has doubled in the last 30 years not tripled but I do agree that it is the biggest issue at hand, they say we will hit 9 billion by 2035 and the world "limit" is said to be around 11 billion, scary stuff. But also consider that even though we have enough oil to last us around 500 years by some accounts, our production of the black stuff is slowing so if the population goes up along with production of oil going down it could easily become a very expensive luxury item that only wealthy people can obtain. And yes having enough clean water is a huge problem that comes with over population, I do wonder if we will ever see wars fought over just that.

Here's a fun site that attempts to count the worlds population in real time, it's a little humbling to see the number go up and down, and when you think about the fact that all of this is happening on a tiny speck of dust floating in space I start to feel very small indeed, and that's coming from a guy nick named Large Larry.

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/
    Last edited by Large Larry; 12-06-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

Our chances are good, but only if we survive technological adolescence and greed and don't blow ourselves to kingdom come.
    I wouldn't put this past us. We are so easily capable of the above. Which is a scary thought.

Side note, this is certainly an interesting turn for conversation for the lounge to have. Certainly out of the norm from the typical banter.